Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

She's been working to this album since early 2016 or even late 2015 and gave us a song shw wrote one month ago ..I just hope she didn't scrap songs she wrote all over 2016

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

She speaks:

50631108287_9616f1335b_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

The Ed part, for me, I guess it's because both him and Ben seem they don't give a shit about her anymore and only care about Dua Lipa. I'm not blaming Dua, I'm blaming them because they see Dua as an artist who can succeed bc of her type of songs and her audience. 

So yeah, they seem a little bit uninterested on Lana now

That makes sense. I don't see Dua Lipa being a success in America, though. I've literally never seen her mentioned anywhere but this website. Even Rita Ora did better than that.

"thanks to my producers for turning it around" yeah from a beautiful acapella to a hideous studio track emote.png

I like her vocals (besides the fucking reverb), lyrics, and message...but yikes her producers completely shit the bed. This could have been a great acoustic song. Hell, it could have been great as-is if it didn't have the reverb.

She's been working to this album since early 2016 or even late 2015 and gave us a song shw wrote one month ago ..I just hope she didn't scrap songs she wrote all over 2016

She already did that. Just from the theme and what she's said about the album, November 8th, 2016 clearly changed the direction she was going with Lust For Life. We went from an album that was going to be centered on Best American Record/Architecture to where we currently are now.

giphy.gif

Despite whether it is or isn't on the album, I don't think the song will represent what the album will sound like. Since it is such a new song that was created very quickly while the rest of the album has been worked on for over a year, I doubt it'll match the direction of the rest of the album. So for those of you who don't like the song, I don't think you have much to worry about.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I feel like if Coachella wasn't on the album she wouldn't have used a photo from the album photoshoot for the single cover.

Maybe it was an outtake from the photoshoot and it wasn't going to be used anywhere so she used it for Cwimm.

The first two lines make me feel that she has read some fans' "praise" about the song.

Despite whether it is or isn't on the album, I don't think the song will represent what the album will sound like. Since it is such a new song that was created very quickly while the rest of the album has been worked on for over a year, I doubt it'll match the direction of the rest of the album. So for those of you who don't like the song, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Was this album actually worked on for over a year though? If I understood her comments about it correctly, didn't the election and its results drastically change what the album would have sounded like?

giphy.gif