Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Lana needs to cover this 

u killed the friendly milk boy why did u do t h a t

What if Lana Del Rey changes the album to include covers of songs like "Drunk In Love- Beyonce" or "Rude Boy- Rihanna" "Bad Blood- Taylor Swift"

giphy.gif

u killed the friendly milk boy why did u do t h a t

for scicence inche

im in states 

sodil liuquid and ass

0dcWEGF.png

'Cause we're the masters of our own fate'

6WSVnFH.gif

We're the captains of our own souls

O4zyECO.gif

There's no way for us to come away

MwVqoIM.gif

'Cause boy we're gold, boy we're gold And I was like...

14Mgxxf.gif

[Lana And The Weeknd]

Take off, take off Take off all your clothes Take off, take off Take off all your clothes Take off, take off Take off all of your clothes

Wkmz3Nw.gif

They say only the good die young That just ain't right

q46Lfax.gif

ruZKe8V.gif

who tf is this alligator

some brazillian show, i think the name is cuca (?)

lana has taken her plastic surgery too far

y.jpg

omfg.

some brazillian show, i think the name is cuca (?)

gracias. I've been seeing this thing EVERYWHERE today

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

The smile on this pic looks way more forced than the LFL one tho.

I see what you mean and it probably wasn't the best example lmao, but I still think it's overall a much better photo than the one we have on LFL as in the factors on it outweigh lot of things that I disliked about Chuck's photo.

And the pose on the LFL cover combined with how she's smiling reminds me of an ID or yearbook photo which is probably why I find it so cheesy looking.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

now we wait to see if she posts somethin at 1-3 in the morning.. it gets lonely here during these hours

200.gif

I read recently this piece on Lana from Pitchfork.

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/the-evolution-of-the-lana-del-rey-persona-in-7-videos/

I tried to make sense about the purpose of this article full of Lana clichés. I think that the few relevant music blogs and critics that still care about her are trying to position themselves after flip-flopping throughout Lana's career. HM was a difficult album to criticize because was slow and without glaring deficiencies. It not enthused anyone but it had its moments. This era the critics were put in the limbo again by Lana, Love was universally apraised while LFL was simply dismissed as a hollow perfume ad by Pitchfork. I think that they are tired with what they perceive as "trolling" from Lana and they want to pin her down this time around.

Some of you said that maybe she's pushing back even on the July date. I think that she needs to really take a good (critical) look at this album because the signals that we have so far aren't good. There are too many tracks on the album (and belive me that is a bad sign for critics), her message and lyrics are inconsistent, she has to many collabs on the record that are hardly working toghether (Stevie and ASAP?). I think that she is improvising to much this era, she's clearly not confident with the album and the last thing she needs after HM is another commercial and critical flop. 

I read recently this piece on Lana from Pitchfork.

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/the-evolution-of-the-lana-del-rey-persona-in-7-videos/

I tried to make sense about the purpose of this article full of Lana clichés. I think that the few relevant music blogs and critics that still care about her are trying to position themselves after flip-flopping throughout Lana's career. HM was a difficult album to criticize because was slow and without glaring deficiencies. It not enthused anyone but it had its moments. This era the critics were put in the limbo again by Lana, Love was universally apraised while LFL was simply dismissed as a hollow perfume ad by Pitchfork. I think that they are tired with what they perceive as "trolling" from Lana and they want to pin her down this time around.

Some of you said that maybe she's pushing back even on the July date. I think that she needs to really take a good (critical) look at this album because the signals that we have so far aren't good. There are too many tracks on the album (and belive me that is a bad sign for critics), her message and lyrics are inconsistent, she has to many collabs on the record that are hardly working toghether (Stevie and ASAP?). I think that she is improvising to much this era, she's clearly not confident with the album and the last thing she needs after HM is another commercial and critical flop. 

ok but HM wasn't a critical flop. Her highest score on metacritic.

???, ?????????

Honestly id love her to do a Rihanna cover on BBC Live Lounge or something .... Idc what anyone has to say lol I hope Lana is a Rih stan too. She did go to a couple of her concerts last year? Lol

Honestly I've found that mainstream publications are geuinely thoughtless most of the time when it comes to LDR.

If anyone has ever been a fan of an "alternative" female artist, you find that most of the people that work for these magazines are depraved men that can barely form a cohesive paragraph lol

One of the best LDR moments was the pre BTD interview that she ended because....the guy was just a troll