Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

ALSO, somebody probably already mentioned it but does the title 'Get Free' remind anyone else of the "we're gonna get free free free free freeee" part of Children Of The Bad Revolution? I'm not saying Get Free IS COTBR, I just wonder if it will be lyrically similar or maybe it'll just contain a reference to the song? 

lol I'm probs totally reaching but as soon as I read 'Get Free' as a title I got that line in my head from CoTBR 

I don't think it's reaching. It's completely possible that Get Free is a reworked Children of the Bad Revolution.

She redid Yayo for Paradise, and she reworked Methamphetamines into Old Money.

giphy.gif

Yosemite must be on the deluxe edition if this tracklist is real, I don't believe Lana would leave Yosemite out of the record as she said she really likes the song, plus she said the album has 18 tracks.

I just hope we get Best American Record, Roses Bloom For You and Life Is Beautiful

original.gif

I don't think it's reaching. It's completely possible that Get Free is a reworked Children of the Bad Revolution.

She redid Yayo for Paradise, and she reworked Methamphetamines into Old Money.

That's true... definitely gives me hope for it being on the album in one way or another, maybe a rerecording like Yayo or maybe just reusing some lyrics or something? I'd SO be down for it either way  :excited:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

What if she renamed Yosemite? It could be In My Feelings. A lyric was "I'm no longer a candle in the wind". So, it could make sense if it went like this:

"I'm no longer a candle in the wind

No longer, in my feelings

Like the trees at Yosemite

I'm just surrounded by these memories

I'm no longer a leaf blowing by, I'm no longer a tumbleweed rolling in the dry

Cause now I'm at Yosemite & I'm no longer In My Feelings

I'm no longer your candle in the wind

'Cause I'm at Yosemite & now everything's fine"

& yes, those are shit lyrics sorry for that.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I feel like this album will have some of her best songs, but will still be her worst album overall.

I'm not even excited for Summer Bummer at this point, between the long wait, the ugly title, and the edgy and boring single art. Maybe Lana will surprise me and come through but I will be keeping all my coins until then.

omg I love how every album since Paradise has a song that we think is gonna be some other song

UV - Florida Kilos we thought was Kill Kill

Honeymoon - Salvatore we thought was Backfire

Lust for Life - Get Free we think is Children of the Bad Revolution

I don't know if this is aimed at me but... I did say that I DO NOT think that Get Free = Children of The Bad Revolution, just that the title reminded me of that one line from it, and that it would be interesting if there's a connection like she has reused older lyrics in other songs?

I never believed the Florida Kilos = Kill Kill or Salvatore = Backfire theories, in fact I'm pretty sure rerecording Yayo was a one of because the song means a lot to her? 

Didn't intend to start any theories like that... just wondered if anyone else was reminded of CoTBR  :kiss:

I don't know if this is aimed at me but... I did say that I DO NOT think that Get Free = Children of The Bad Revolution, just that the title reminded me of that one line from it, and that it would be interesting if there's a connection like she has reused older lyrics in other songs?

I never believed the Florida Kilos = Kill Kill or Salvatore = Backfire theories, in fact I'm pretty sure rerecording Yayo was a one of because the song means a lot to her? 

Didn't intend to start any theories like that... just wondered if anyone else was reminded of CoTBR  :kiss:

I don't think it was at you, a few people were talking about it this earlier too

LIZARD PEOPLE

omg I love how every album since Paradise has a song that we think is gonna be some other song

UV - Florida Kilos we thought was Kill Kill

Honeymoon - Salvatore we thought was Backfire

Lust for Life - Get Free we think is Children of the Bad Revolution

fdhglfdg I forgot about that and now I'm triggered, I was so hyped for that back then  :deadbanana:

Lana: the album was so good we didn't cut anything from the album!!!! 18 tracks !!!

Also Lana: Drop Roses Bloom for you, idk her; also while ur at it, get rid of Architecture and Yosemite.

Her producers: when?

Her: Soon.

I don't think it was at you, a few people were talking about it this earlier too

Oh good... I always worry about this kinda stuff? I hate online arguments/drama, and didn't want what I said to have annoyed anyone or something?  :ohno:

She used to sell those on her own site. Basically taking inspiration from the movie Cruel Intentions where one of the characters had a crucifix necklace with cocaine inside.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven