Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

How many first week sales do you guys think the album is going to get? I'm thinking 75-90k, as much as I want it to get more I'm not sure if its possible unless Lana starts doing massive promo out of nowhere... What do you guys think?

These are the numbers I'm expecting as well. Kind of sad, considering how far Lana is into her career and how she has the opportunities and resources to, quite honestly, debut in the upper 100k range if she really went all out with her promotion but we all know that'll never happen. All GP hype for this album is basically deceased and has been for a month. We definitely won't be seeing anything above 100k but I hope I get dragged later on down the line for being wrong about this.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Omg yes two tracks! :party: But if the preorder comes on the 12th I'm definitely not getting my CD/box set in time on the 21st... :defeated: Honeymoon mess all over again since I couldn't get even the CD anywhere until a week after the release.

How many first week sales do you guys think the album is going to get? I'm thinking 75-90k, as much as I want it to get more I'm not sure if its possible unless Lana starts doing massive promo out of nowhere... What do you guys think?

first week of honeymoon was 116k (105k pure sales), & hit top ten; making her fourth in a row,I'd say with her A$AP collab she'll get some hype from the hiphop genre if it does well, HM def had less hype and was a lot more quiet and boring than LfL, whereas LfL was disorganized and boring in the sense of no communication- HM was just boring.. even then many weren't hyped over the singles as they were too slow

altho this time around LfL is a bit more mainstream (if they ever gave it to fucking pop radios it couldve charted), and the Uv-reminiscent Cherry will definitely score some points with the astray fans that haven't kept up. 

I think LfL will do just fine and prob hit top10 again, especially since afaik theres no major drops late july; if she had done it in late may she'd be fighting against halsey, lorde, perry, jay z, calvin harris etc. for longevity and hype for top10 slot. 

although if it doesn't make it and ruins her record ill be kinda sad/dissapointed. not in her just in general with how well the era could've gone if they just spent some more time communicating and pushing promotion and aesthetics. 

i think this is the most intellectual & in depth post ive ever written on this site :rip:

These are the numbers I'm expecting as well. Kind of sad, considering how far Lana is into her career and how she has the opportunities and resources to, quite honestly, debut in the upper 100k range if she really went all out with her promotion but we all know that'll never happen. All GP hype for this album is basically deceased and has been for a month. We definitely won't be seeing anything above 100k but I hope I get dragged later on down the line for being wrong about this.

for the first time ill be bookmarking a user for a claim, hey hun :hooker:

much love 2 u & all optimism in general

Happy we finally got the pre-order day, but it's pathetic how they held this information bsck for so long. Most artists just have this put up with the first or second single. Granted that Love got leaked and they changed things about the album but it's still sad how it took endlessly until we even got a date.

Whatever, glad to be slayed by Cherry and Summer Bummer on the 12th

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Can we for a moment just be happy we got some actual info. I see people still complaining about how it was announced (on instalive), about the two songs in one day instead of one now and one next week. About the unprofessionalism etc.

Can we just for a moment, just a moment appreciate what we got before we start a new cycle of unhappiness.

i don't get the 2 songs on one day part.... but ok. now we can be in peace till the 12th. till the madness beginns again haha

She might release two songs and make the single the one we love the most... Although it doesn't seem like something Lana would do

Yeah the 2 songs seems odd, maybe she was gonna just do 1 song but bcz its been so long since she did anything shes throwing us a bone.

Not sure why its so hard to just do the pre order this week with 1 song, another song next week and then the album the week after but oh well. I'm just glad we have official dates now and the album is close.

Im fucking dying for this album.

hi guys

wondering if anyone can help, i have notifications on for lanas tweets, and i get a notification if she tweets or retweets something, but how do i get a notification when she replies to someone's tweet?

As per usual, just gonna keep expectations at a low level. No disrespect, just don't wanna hop on the hype coaster and risk feeling like an idiot for something I might've self inflicted onto myself.

Pre order's coming in less than 2 weeks. Along with 2 tracks. Then a week after that or so, the album's scheduled to drop.

Was a good day today  :byeh8rs:

UV/Honeymoon

This is so weird this is the only thing she has announced in advance this entire era besides the music videos.

hi guys

wondering if anyone can help, i have notifications on for lanas tweets, and i get a notification if she tweets or retweets something, but how do i get a notification when she replies to someone's tweet?

Thats not possible i think. You only get notified if you follow the person she replies to

Maybe w/ a 3rd party Twitter client but idk

image.png