Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Everyone here is exaggerating, y'all need to chill and listen to Honeymoon.

I live in Miami where a big percent of the population is black. I'm always joking with my african-american friends and calling them "monkeys"

I can say that Playboi Carti looks like a monkey just like I can say that G-Eazy is a cocaine addict or that Lana's voice causes depression.

It's called being sarcastic.

What's the problem? 

Your ass better leave this site on your own terms because people like you won't be tolerated. I don't care whether your "friends" accept you disrespecting them. There is no constructive criticism for a person like you, it was your place to apologize and take it back but instead you're making yourself look even dumber trying to defend this bs. 

Howre yall gonna go and a have a huge discussion on racism without me?

Also, @mods imma need yall to cleanse this forum of these ill and diseased reycists.

Off topic but i have a burning question i really need to ask... so if the full moon is on the 9th, does that mean it's the full moon at the stroke of midnight when it turns the 9th, or does it mean it's the full moon on the night of the 9th when it's about to become the 10th?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

she's performing at lollapalooza with the weeknd if they perform LFL together i'll die. i'll die.

also random question but has Lana ever performed Wait for Life live? i listened to it again today and fell in love all over again!! (i know it's technically Emile's song but he's not doing anything with it soooo)

I am almost positive she hasn't. But I was driving to it today and thinking about how underrated it is and how no one brings it up on here

I live in Miami where a big percent of the population is black. I'm always joking with my african-american friends and calling them "monkeys"

I can say that Playboi Carti looks like a monkey just like I can say that G-Eazy is a cocaine addict or that Lana's voice causes depression.

What's the problem? 

seriously?

two of those things are attributes about the individual one is an insult based on race. Calling black people monkeys is more than just likening their physical features to that of a monkeys (which is still bad), it's equating them to an animal, which is historically a way of making them subhuman to reinforce the idea that they are somehow inferior. Just because you do it and a particular group of people don't call you out that doesn't make it right. They do not decide whether everyone else is offended by it. Look into yourself and decide you're honestly okay with the ideas that slur propagates 

Off topic but i have a burning question i really need to ask... so if the full moon is on the 9th, does that mean it's the full moon at the stroke of midnight when it turns the 9th, or does it mean it's the full moon on the night of the 9th when it's about to become the 10th?

Hmm.. I'd say stroke of midnight when it turns to the 9th

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What's the problem?

Your ridiculous rationalization is exactly something my racist as hell grandfather (also from Florida) would say. All my family in Florida is racist but they would never come out and say it, they sugarcoat their words by calling them "sarcasm"

I'm sorry to keep this going guys, I just can't not say something in this situation.

LIZARD PEOPLE

Pretty sure it's the night before it becomes the tenth

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Off topic but I'm pretty sure Google might answer your question

wow this really is lanas political era. talking about racism in the LFL thread, I'm diggin it

"I'm all for integration, it's the new frontier"

- Tracy Turnblad (from Hair Spray)

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

"Principal Lawrence the kindergartner's on fire again and i don't think hes gonna make it this time"

What's the problem? 

what the fuck did i just read

we are in 2017 and people still bringing the same slavery shit.. like do we act like we do not know all of the slavery shit starting because of the monkeys bullshit? what the fuck is this 

:smile3:

I am almost positive she hasn't. But I was driving to it today and thinking about how underrated it is and how no one brings it up on here

seriously?

two of those things are attributes about the individual one is an insult based on race. Calling black people monkeys is more than just likening their physical features to that of a monkeys (which is still bad), it's equating them to an animal, which is historically a way of making them subhuman to reinforce the idea that they are somehow inferior. Just because you do it and a particular group of people don't call you out that doesn't make it right. They do not decide whether everyone else is offended by it. Look into yourself and decide you're honestly okay with the ideas that slur propagates 

My intention was not to offend anyone. I was just saying that I don't want Lana to feature Plaiboy Carti in her song. I never talked about black people (the others did after they read my post) So I just called him a monkey, not because of his race, just because I don't like him. I do apologize if anyone was offended. I respect every race.

"Principal Lawrence the kindergartner's on fire again and i don't think hes gonna make it this time"

Brandon Rogers is hilarious af :lmao:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What's the problem? 

so what you're saying is i can call someone anything id like to and if they don't tell me not to, its ok? for example, if i call a gay kid (who's in the closet) a faggot and (him being scared to stand up for himself) doesn't tell me anything or doesn't tell me to stop then it makes it ok for me to call him a faggot? if someone you're throwing slurs and they don't say anything it suddenly makes the slurs ok??? cool, its great to see the inner workings of a disgusting mind

My intention was not to offend anyone. I was just saying that I don't want Lana to feature Plaiboy Carti in her song. I never talked about black people (the others did after they read my post) So I just called him a monkey, not because of his race, just because I don't like him. I do apologize if anyone was offended. I respect every race.

Saying sorry for offending somebody is implying that it's partially their fault for getting worked up about something you said, when it is entirely your fault for being ignorant and disrespectful. Also who should believe you if you think the n-word is an aquivalent to bro?