Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Hey yall, GL and SB might be out in 46 hours going by New Zealand time, I plan on staying up all night tomorrow (it'd be the night of July 10th going into July 11th) so I can be ready for when it turns 12AM 7/12/17 in NZ (and for me thats at 6am) I'm going to be spending today and tomorrow looking for a good recording device that doesnt make my recordings sound muffled (like the OG groupie snippet) so I can record both songs in full for anyone that doesnt have access to Spotify NZ. I just wanted to know, if i can't find anything that makes my recordings clear, are you okay with listening to the full songs in kind of muffled quality until the songs come out everywhere 12-24 hours later? (check the Groupie Love snippet on the GL lyric thread for reference to how it'd sound) Of course others might record it with clearer results later but right when the songs come out in NZ I'm gonna record and post

I don't know how you've done your recordings so far but I know an easy (and free) way to record audio on your computer without the final result being muffled and such. It pretty much records it in the same quality you're listening to whatever you're recording at the same time. I'm kinda busy right now and on mobile but I'll PM you later if you want!

I'm really hoping she takes the pitch even higher in the GL snippet rather than take it lower

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I bet someone has High even though David doesn't have it anymore.

Anyone knows about Morricone, Piano Theme and I Talk To Jesus? Are they early-Ultraviolence outtakes?

Morricone is fake. The snippet is actually the song Lana (Del Rey) by Buffalo Rodeo.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Love is so boring :bye3:

Comamoon is boring. (Notice I didn’t say bad, I said boring) 

I like half of the songs but I can’t give a solid listen without waking up wondering where I am and what time it is. 

I'm really hoping she takes the pitch even higher in the GL snippet rather than take it lower

Same, I got really excited when she said in the les inrocks interview that she was bringing back the high pitch, if she doesn't or it's not like all the way then is it rly an album for the fans???

giphy.gif

How can some of ya'll hate Love though? It's my favorite song from this whole era. When she says "Don't worry baby" and you can hear the humming in the background, you can hear a male voice very softly too. It's a very faint touch but for me, i get this strong sense of safety and comfort when i hear it. I feel warm and protected... and loved. I picture a loving grey moon smiling at me surrounded by a warm dark blue color. It's powerful and i probably sound very odd by saying this but it's incredible what great music can do. How it can touch your soul and bring out such beautiful emotions. I feel very spiritually connected to the song.

Hey guys I am making an unreleased collection. Can you guys give suggestions on her best unreleased songs?

In my opinion, her best ones are:

Angels Forever, Fine China, Your Girl, Yes To Heaven, Never Let Me Go, Kinda Outta Luck, On Our Way. :)

Hollywood, Fine china, JFK, starry eyed... I know those, love them so much. But I feel there are so many lana songs I have still yet to hear and fall in love with. We are so lucky to have so many songs!

Those are the only ones you've heard?! I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on her best unreleased but some of my faves are wayamaya, I don't wanna go, the man I love, be my daddy, every man gets his wish, paradise, st tropez, trash magic

LIZARD PEOPLE

How can some of ya'll hate Love though? It's my favorite song from this whole era. When she says "Don't worry baby" and you can hear the humming in the background, you can hear a male voice very softly too. It's a very faint touch but for me, i get this strong sense of safety and comfort when i hear it. I feel warm and protected... and loved. I picture a loving grey moon smiling at me surrounded by a warm dark blue color. It's powerful and i probably sound very odd by saying this but it's incredible what great music can do. How it can touch your soul and bring out such beautiful emotions. I feel very spiritually connected to the song.

I agree. And I have a feeling it'll age like wine. The melodies in the verses are so rich and distinct and I love how the production builds to epic proportions during the final chorus and how she shifts the perspective from extrospective and uplifting to introspective. I kind of hope that on the album, especially since it's the opener (which is exactly what I had hoped, with LFL following it) I hope that the bass-plucking intro is a little longer and the final "don't worry baby"s at the end are extended like in the video.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I agree. And I have a feeling it'll age like wine. The melodies in the verses are so rich and distinct and I love how the production builds to epic proportions during the final chorus and how she shifts the perspective from extrospective and uplifting to introspective. I kind of hope that on the album, especially since it's the opener (which is exactly what I had hoped, with LFL following it) I hope that the bass-plucking intro is a little longer and the final "don't worry baby"s at the end are extended like in the video.

yeah same i always wished the "don't worry baby" part on the end went on a little longer, cus it's so beautiful

It has already aged way better than LFL and Coachella even if it's been out for a longer time.