Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

She said she wanted to sing all the record right? I don't think that happens but which songs do you think she'll actually sing live? I'd say Love, LFL, Cherry, Change, White Mustang... overall the solo tracks because it might be complicated to do SB and GL live (or not?). Most likely she'll continue to sing the usual Video Games, Born To Die, Cruel World, Cola, etc., drop every Honeymoon song off the setlist and sing like 5 songs of LFL. :teehee:

Thinking that Lana is going on a festival tour to promote the new album, I think she'll add some new tracks, but we'll see. I definitely think Cherry will be one of them since it already has a choreography, and maybe LFL too (but I hope she'll sing it differently than from the BBC show, it didn't sound good or as if she wasn't prepared (although it was only sound check problems)).

Might be possible that she adds Love and Groupie Love too since they're the singles. Or Summer Bummer to get the audience hyped.

And then she'll keep the classics as OTTR, Blue Jeans, Cruel World etc.

That's what I think! But I won't experience it for real since I have stupid exams to take again. :crai:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Im a bit unfamiliar with the releases as far as when New Zealand gets it and when the rest of us do- when is the earliest we could expect to get the singles? Midnight on the 12th NZ time? Do artists generally release by time zone and not a worldwide release all at once?

time zones are usually the norm so that people in some countries don't get songs at noon or in the evening. world wide releases are usually just used when it's supposed to be a "surprise" or if there's a song premier planned.

i76mrxw.png 

I hope Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, and Cola aren't included because those have gotten so repetitive. She probably will include a bit of honeymoon because she hasn't had a north american tour with honeymoon singles, besides festivals.

?? but she's doing festivals in europe

i76mrxw.png 

She doesn't sing Ride lately and it feels like Cherry will be the new Cola, anyway I agree that we won't get a big amount of songs from LFL

That's true, but I meant Ride, or Ultraviolence, or West Coast, or Young and Beautiful; one of the classics she's performed several times last year but we can't assume it'll be sung this year. I think she tries to avoid taking risks in singing too much new songs because some of them feature special voice effects or ways of singing that she can't do as well as in the studio version - for example, I don't think she'll ever sing Summer Bummer live. I also think Cola might get off the setlist this year, which would be good because these same old songs become tiring when so much masterpieces are left behind.

I hope Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, and Cola aren't included because those have gotten so repetitive. She probably will include a bit of honeymoon because she hasn't had a north american tour with honeymoon singles, besides festivals.

Well, I'm not sure about Honeymoon. I think she did the strict minimum last year because she couldn't left her last record apart, but this time I don't think she'll perform any. Or, if she does, it will probably be the title track, even if I would die for Salvatore or TBD live :defeated:

Even though these are classics, I'm here for Blue Jeans and Summertime Sadness leaving the setlist as well. I wouldn't mind if she only kept Video Games and Born To Die from this album tbh.

Didn't she specifically said in an interview that she made this record with the intention/idea to sing these songs for years to come (because she was sic of singing the born to die ones).

She could've sung other songs from the other albums instead of the BTD songs.

I don't think she will sing these songs forever or a long time after the tour.

Mfhp.gif

I’m good with Lana leaving everything behind except Video Games and Born To Die; Cruel World, Brooklyn Baby and Shades of Cool.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

I CAN'T WAIT THREE MORE DAYS!! :defeated: I need both Groupie Love and Summer Bummer NOW, they sound so amazing already! Do you know how many times I've had that puzzled togethered snippet of SB on repeat?? TOO MANY. :crai:

I know the time will go by fast since summer research school will occupy my thoughts, but still. >___<

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She could've sung other songs from the other albums instead of the BTD songs.

I don't think she will sing these songs forever or a long time after the tour.

I think Ultraviolence is to emotional for her to sing. And honeymoon wasn't that well recieved by the GA. So she stuck with BTD, because let's be honest. The average concert goer who stands in front rows want to hear BTD songs. (I think this is why she put on serial killer etc. Because she needed some upbeat songs but not Ultraviolence or Honeymoon)

Now with this new record she can do more songs she feel like singing

I CAN'T WAIT THREE MORE DAYS!! :defeated: I need both Groupie Love and Summer Bummer NOW, they sound so amazing already! Do you know how many times I've had that puzzled togethered snippet of SB on repeat?? TOO MANY. :crai:

I know the time will go by fast since summer research school will occupy my thoughts, but still. >___<

The two minute one? I did that one ;)

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

She said there's gonna be two songs available with the pre-order. I'm almost a 100% certain Cherry will be one of them, she sang it already and used it in the Steven Klein trailer or whatever as well. Now the other one could obvisouly be Summer Bummer but now that she posted about White Mustang again I'm not too sure about SB being released with the pre-order. So what's your guesses?

Edit: I'M A PSYCHIC

She said there's gonna be two songs available with the pre-order. I'm almost a 100% certain Cherry will be one of them, she sang it already and used it in the Steven Klein trailer or whatever as well. Now the other one could obvisouly be Summer Bummer but now that she posted about White Mustang again I'm not too sure about SB being released with the pre-order. So what's your guesses?

She's doing Groupie Love and Summer Bummer

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over