Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Hmm...

Y'all are getting mad at Lana over cancelling an event her and her team never even knew about or agreed to?

Yikes.

it is such a mess. how could this even happen? how can her management not even know that a channel announced a date she never agreed to do? i mean, it was all over the internet

Weren't they recording something similar in some backyard around the time Love was being released? Can't find the pic now

EDIT: There it is

16864696_1308812435832616_48772381804513

i do not see her band members. 

she really hates rehearsals, doesn't she?

well, looks like she ain't too interested in singing the new material either. 

She seems interested in it to me.

She could easily just not sing any UV songs live like she doesn't sing any HM songs live. 

That's my point, though. She barely sings any Ultraviolence material and pretty much ignored it after it dropped.

People are really on the fence about Art Deco for some reason but I wanna hear that shit before I die.

tbh, I don't care about her performing any Honeymoon-era shit. I want her to perform her Lizzy Grant material, tbh.

I want live performances of Pawn Shop Blues, Put Me In A Movie, Brite Lites, Mermaid Motel, and Boarding School. She's performed them before so idk why she can't again.

giphy.gif

it is such a mess. how could this even happen? how can her management not even know that a channel announced a date she never agreed to do? i mean, it was all over the internet

she really hates rehearsals, doesn't she?

Stuff like this has happened for other artists before. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened before, considering how little they pay attention to anything other than leaks.

giphy.gif

Where did France Inter (or someone official) announce the radio performance, and where did they announce the cancellation?

in their official website ive seen it before by my own damn eyes

"putting finishing touches on her album"

shes been promoting an album... for the past 3 months... that isnt done yet... lady Why do you do this to us

i think ppl will forget about it (except her fans because they're her fans) but in general, most of people will forget about it unless she refresh the promotion again

i mean, when she dropped the trailer people got wild about it, almost everyone

now they will forget about it 

:smile3:

what i don't understand.

lana knows she is not the greatest live performer of all time. and chuck can hold a camera, can't she?

since we have 18 tracks on the album and we have heard 3 or maybe 4, why doesn't she simply make a mini concert filmed by chuck in an intimate setting and uploads it on her vevo?

she could play, let's say 6 songs off the new album with her band and it would get her more attention than any live gigs for small radio statios or gigs in scandinavia or poland.

and this is something chuck can not screw up. 

minimal production, lots of views, great build up for an album that already feels dead on arrival!

make it happen, ben!

Maybe, but i'd still LOVE to see her in oslo if I had the money lol

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

Wondering what that is though, since all the LFL videos so far (and the one we didn't get yet) were higher budget & directed by Rich Lee

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Weren't they recording something similar in some backyard around the time Love was being released? Can't find the pic now

EDIT: There it is

16864696_1308812435832616_48772381804513

as what i remember it was before Love a few days 

but hey now we know about it, it's a project (for Chuck)

:smile3:

as what i remember it was before Love a few days 

but hey now we know about it, it's a project (for Chuck)

Oh we do?

Sad it's for Chuck's project then cause I'd love to see the outfit in something album related

She seems interested in it to me.

That's my point, though. She barely sings any Ultraviolence material and pretty much ignored it after it dropped.

tbh, I don't care about her performing any Honeymoon-era shit. I want her to perform her Lizzy Grant material, tbh.

I want live performances of Pawn Shop Blues, Put Me In A Movie, Brite Lites, Mermaid Motel, and Boarding School. She's performed them before so idk why she can't again.

In fairness, she thinks a lot of her unreleased content is cringy and she's embarrassed by it. She'd probably never perform songs like Brite Lites or Boarding School, but PMIAM and MM are a shout.

In fairness, she thinks a lot of her unreleased content is cringy and she's embarrassed by it. She'd probably never perform songs like Brite Lites or Boarding School, but PMIAM and MM are a shout.

I can't understand why she'd think it's cringy. She wanted to rerelease AKA at some point. 

giphy.gif

I can't understand why she'd think it's cringy. She wanted to rerelease AKA at some point.

But in fairness she'd probably have wanted to re-release the better parts with better production, like she did with Yayo (despite the original being better).

And you can't tell me that despite the fact it's iconic, she clearly would never want to sing:

"Le-le-let's do drugs, make love with our teachers"

"I'm a vet in a pro-ana nation, I do them drugs to stop the fo-food cravin's"

Pushes the boundaries maybe a little.

Was the France Inter performance confirmed? Because the only thing I remember is a French Lana fan page confirming Lana's participation in the radio station and then saying that it was canceled with a screenshot of an email.

But in fairness she'd probably have wanted to re-release the better parts with better production, like she did with Yayo (despite the original being better).

And you can't tell me that despite the fact it's iconic, she clearly would never want to sing:

Those lyrics aren't particularly bad, IMO.

giphy.gif

Although her previous work is iconic & still deserves tons of books written about the lana-esque universe, symbolism and overall shaping characters of the songs I completely understand every single artist in the world moves on from their previous work. She had a strong, "edgy" persona for the stage image to be more incisive so the lyrics were stronger too for it all to be cohesive. But now verses like "let's do drugs, make love with our teachers" taken out of context of being sarcastic/intentionally kitschy as well as her being in a different place now would've ended up sounding ridiculous.

Only Lizzy can pull off Lizzy. Simple as that.

Although her previous work is iconic & still deserves tons of books written about the lana-esque universe, symbolism and overall shaping characters of the songs I completely understand every single artist in the world moves on from their previous work. She had a strong, "edgy" persona for the stage image to be more incisive so the lyrics were stronger too for it all to be cohesive. But now verses like "let's do drugs, make love with our teachers" taken out of context of being sarcastic/intentionally kitschy as well as her being in a different place now would've ended up sounding ridiculous.

Only Lizzy can pull off Lizzy. Simple as that.

that's reaching, a tiny bit.

giphy.gif