Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I feel like people were mad about not knowing the release day, sour about the way she announced the delayed album release date, then super happy when we knew we'll get 18 tracks on the album and now people are back to being mad at Lana for not doing the French interview. Ups and downs in a few days, indeed. x)

Next week shes gonna drop a promo single and everyone loves her again

image.png

I think a lot of people took a break from here because of the amount of drama and negativity that filled this thread after the whole "21st July fam" mess? Reading through it all wasn't a particularly pleasant experience so I don't blame all those that skipped those pages or decided to take a little break from LanaBoards! But as soon as Lana says anything else about the album or the next bit of news surfaces this place will be flooded once more!

(Honestly, I'm just glad this place seems to be swinging back towards a happier positive atmosphere haha!!)  :party:

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

yay you're back! :hooker:

there's only ever like 20 - 30 people reading this topic daily now, i remember when it used to be like 60 - 100 people on here.

The gays have gone extinct faster than the dinosaurs :lmao:

The only reason anyone ever came on here was to see Stargirl. As soon as I left everyone logged awf

ad21B8Q.gif

anyways happy memorial day everyone have a beautiful day  :hooker: 

Can I just ask what's happening to her voice it's been like this since her late 2016 tour dates really muffled and quiet with a few songs with some okay, and then its sounding awful what happened to her amazing vocals during the summer tour?

She needs to quit smoking her voice is getting raspier and airier and she naturally does breathiness for effect anyway

Can I just ask what's happening to her voice it's been like this since her late 2016 tour dates really muffled and quiet with a few songs with some okay, and then its sounding awful what happened to her amazing vocals during the summer tour?

She needs to quit smoking her voice is getting raspier and airier and she naturally does breathiness for effect anyway

She start to smoke so much again and the intrumentals of her band is higher then her voice..  :facepalm:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

For real though I never understand why singers would smoke?? Like surely they know it isn't good for their vocal chords?  :ohno:

For real though I never understand why singers would smoke?? Like surely they know it isn't good for their vocal chords? :ohno:

I read that U2's Bono started to smoke because he thought his voice wasn't manly enough or something. Then the doctors told him to stop or he'll never be able to sing again. Or something. I don't remember. But I know he smoked to get a darker voice.

But no, I don't get it either. Maybe she keeps doing it because of habit and started because it was cool and wanted to keep that vintage vibe.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

How do people even get addicted to smoking? It's pretty awful in the beginning so i don't get how people get addicted. They must continue smoking even when it's still disgusting to them because it's like they're TRYING to get addicted. I will never understand it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I read that U2's Bono started to smoke because he thought his voice wasn't manly enough or something. Then the doctors told him to stop or he'll never be able to sing again. Or something. I don't remember. But I know he smoked to get a darker voice.

But no, I don't get it either. Maybe she keeps doing it because of habit and started because it was cool and wanted to keep that vintage vibe.

I know nothing about U2 tbh, but that's an interesting way to get a darker voice? I would of assumed he could take some kind of vocal lessons maybe, but I don't know I guess!

And yeah, Lana probably smokes for the  A E S T H E T I C  tbh....  :smokes4:  I mean it's her life but still, it's gross and as lustforlife said - it can negatively effect your vocal chords!  :ohno:

How do people even get addicted to smoking? It's pretty awful in the beginning so i don't get how people get addicted. They must continue smoking even when it's still disgusting to them because it's like they're TRYING to get addicted. I will never understand it

I had a boyfriend who used to smoke and I tried it and it was GROSS and he said you have to get past the bad taste before it "gets good"? But I don't get why anyone would force themselves through that gross taste and smell and the way your mouth feels like trash for ages after smoking just so they can increase their chances of cancer? I mean, live ur life however you want but I'll never understand it....  :biblio:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I know nothing about U2 tbh, but that's an interesting way to get a darker voice? I would of assumed he could take some kind of vocal lessons maybe, but I don't know I guess!

And yeah, Lana probably smokes for the  A E S T H E T I C  tbh....  :smokes4:  I mean it's her life but still, it's gross and as lustforlife said - it can negatively effect your vocal chords!  :ohno:

I had a boyfriend who used to smoke and I tried it and it was GROSS and he said you have to get past the bad taste before it "gets good"? But I don't get why anyone would force themselves through that gross taste and smell and the way your mouth feels like trash for ages after smoking just so they can increase their chances of cancer? I mean, live ur life however you want but I'll never understand it....  :biblio:

right??! it doesn't make sense! :facepalm:  Logic is found dead

First verse of OTTR live sounds awful then she gets more and more confident but I still hate it tbh

At least the choreography is entertaining

I'm so happy she doesn't sing Blue Jeans live lately too :creep:

If only she started singing UV & Honeymoon stuff the shows would've been magical she can handle the high notes better than the raspy low

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

First verse of OTTR live sounds awful then she gets more and more confident but I still hate it tbh

If only she started singing UV & Honeymoon stuff the shows would've been magical she can handle the high notes better than the raspy low

The performance in BBC Radio isn't very good bc mic problems, moreover, the instrumental was louder than her voice... You have to think she is very nervous... Idk, but I think she sings as always. Obviously, she shouldn't smoke.

It pains me so much that she doesn't sing more Ultraviolence or Honeymoon songs!  :defeated:

But hopefully since she's mentioned how she's focusing on creating songs she wants to sing live now she'll actually shake up her setlists and perform a lot of the new LFL songs!  :pray2:

what ultraviolence or honeymoon songs has she never ever sung live?

what ultraviolence or honeymoon songs has she never ever sung live?

Music To Watch Boys To

God Knows I've Tried

Art Deco

Religion 

Salvatore

Swan Song

The Blackest Day

24 Hours

Basically the whole fucking album.

Sad Girl

Pretty When You Cry

Black Beauty

Flipside 

Guns N Roses

Pretty When You Cry

Is This Happiness

I actually smoked my first cigarette the day I went to see Lana on Paradise tour, post-concert. I got into a small habit of doing it occasionally when clubbing with my friends, but not because of any kind of social pressure even though many of them smoked (but like me, most of them quite rarely). I did it for about a year but I stopped after that because I didn't see the point of taking even a small chance of risking my health even though I didn't chain smoke and like I said, did it quite rarely. It's been 3 years now and I haven't wanted a cig for one bit

I know that some people around me smoke only when they're feeling really, really anxious and stressed out. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Freudian psychoanalysis, but if you look at it on a certain way, smoking could originate from the oral stage of one's psychosexual development. Freud's theories have been largery criticized though as there's no substantial corrabotive data, so yeah it's just a theory