Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

speaking about Priscilla, i will never understand why she refuses to let anyone cover her ex husband songs

i respect her choice of course but come on give a chance for a few of artists who really love him like Lana for example?

i wish it would be that easy but she should take a permission if she wants to put it in the album (legally)

I'm confused...I've seen artists cover Elvis before. Plus, why would Priscilla own the rights? I thought the rights belong to the label. I'm very confused.

For example:

If Ingrid Michaelson can cover Elvis, then so can Lana lol

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

If Lana does another Nina cover I want it to be Wild Is The Wind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiVDzTT4CbE

I am soo curious about what the cover will be. As is tradition I'm sure there will be one. And as I say every time this subject comes up, I PRAY it's an Amy cover. It seems possible since she just followed Amy's mom on twitter

LIZARD PEOPLE

I am soo curious about what the cover will be. As is tradition I'm sure there will be one. And as I say every time this subject comes up, I PRAY it's an Amy cover. It seems possible since she just followed Amy's mom on twitter

No one can or should cover Amy. Lana would be totally torn apart by critics if she did.

I hope there's no cover on the album.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

No one can or should cover Amy. Lana would be totally torn apart by critics if she did.

I hope there's no cover on the album.

her other covers have been praised by critics. 

Troye Sivan done a cover of Amy and it was actually good. Yes I know Michael will be reading this and will be creaming himself over the fact i've praised Troye for something  :hooker:

I would honestly be nervous if I saw that Lana was covering Amy. Amy is one of those artists who has a really specific sound, combined with lyrics that are so personal they even name street corners and names of friends. It's like her music is kind of a peak inside her own world (Amy's), and so to have someone else try and sing that would just be strange. I see the crossover appeal (both Lana and Amy have dark elements of heartbreak with a retro sound), but Lana would really have to do something else with the material to make it her own. 

And this isn't any insult to Lana as an artist. In a lot of ways, Lana is a similiar type of artist---there are a lot of elements that make up her sound, and removing any of these elements just does something to the song to make it sound "off" or at least not as powerful as Lana's versions. 

I'm a rambling mess right now sorry. 

her other covers have been praised by critics. 

Troye Sivan done a cover of Amy and it was actually good. Yes I know Michael will be reading this and will be creaming himself over the fact i've praised Troye for something  :hooker:

OMG YES TROYE'S COVER OF LOVE IS A LOSING GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING!  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I was listening to Driving in Cars With Boys, and it would fit great on LFL imo (obviously re-recorded). The song itself is reflective on her past, so it's still relevant to her. I'm here for new songs, but it's interesting to see what unreleased songs would fit on this record. It feels diverse already, so unreleased songs can be reworked to fit on the album. It's fun to think about  :flutter:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

If the album had less than 13 tracks I wouldn't be here for a rework of an unreleased track. But now that we are getting 18, I'm kinda here for just 1 unreleased track being reworked and getting a place (not Serial fucking Killer)

Hollywood would fit well imo