Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

The cheek from some of you asking for a deluxe edition when we already have 18 tracks...

The gays are so greedy i can't :facepalm:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The darkest song on the album will probably be When The World Was At War, We Kept Dancing.

We ain't getting UV sadness people. She's happy now! Personally, I'd rather her be happy. We don't need sad songs. & to all of you trying to keep her sad cause you are, well that's fucked up. Instead of trying to hold her down, get your ass up & move with her. Maybe, that's why some of y'all ain't relating to her this era.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I don't wanna rain on your parade, but with the way how she says that she is not into self-destructive relationships anymore and that she leaves when the first alarm goes, I think you can pretty much forget about songs in the way of the three you have mentioned. It is simply not her anymore.

So the folks who want another UV are the new BTD fans who wanted BTD for UV. 

I think it's possible to want an Ultraviolence-style album without wanting a remake of Ultraviolence or even an album with the lyrical themes of Ultraviolence.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I say I want another Ultraviolence, I mean I want Lana to work with other producers who will push her the way Dan Auerbach pushed her. Not ones who will give in to her every creative whim.

If she made a completely upbeat album, but with a producer who could wring every single ounce of talent she had out of her and put it into that album, that would be an Ultraviolence 2.0, to me.

Basically, an Ultraviolence followup to me is less about the content or sound of the album and more about the production that goes into it.

giphy.gif

We don't need sad songs. & to all of you trying to keep her sad cause you are, well that's fucked up. Instead of trying to hold her down, get your ass up & move with her. Maybe, that's why some of y'all ain't relating to her this era.

You can't tell sad people to be happy just because a singer they listen to is happy :lmao: that's not how any of this works

People can criticise this new wave of happiness if it means she's producing songs they no longer relate to - it doesn't mean they want her to remain depressed. Fans don't always have to move with the artist, there should be no compulsion to enjoy a song. You either like it or you don't

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

The darkest song on the album will probably be When The World Was At War, We Kept Dancing.

We ain't getting UV sadness people. She's happy now! Personally, I'd rather her be happy. We don't need sad songs. & to all of you trying to keep her sad cause you are, well that's fucked up. Instead of trying to hold her down, get your ass up & move with her. Maybe, that's why some of y'all ain't relating to her this era.

How can you relate to songs with themes that aren't particularly personal, whatever mood they are or not?

I love Lana's music and I love her music this era...but that was a bad take.

giphy.gif

I think it's possible to want an Ultraviolence-style album without wanting a remake of Ultraviolence or even an album with the lyrical themes of Ultraviolence.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I say I want another Ultraviolence, I mean I want Lana to work with other producers who will push her the way Dan Auerbach pushed her. Not ones who will give in to her every creative whim.

If she made a completely upbeat album, but with a producer who could wring every single ounce of talent she had out of her and put it into that album, that would be an Ultraviolence 2.0, to me.

Basically, an Ultraviolence followup to me is less about the content or sound of the album and more about the production that goes into it.

that's how you see it, but quite frankly I think when most ppl scream out about wanting another UV is they clearly want that lyrical content.

If anything it is pretty clear that Lana has a pretty big following that seems rather fragile to put it mildly. There is a very vocal part of her fanbase that literally wants to suffer and for her to sing them about it. But what if she has no desire to do so?

You can't tell sad people to be happy just because a singer they listen to is happy :lmao: that's not how any of this works

People can criticise this new wave of happiness if it means she's producing songs they no longer relate to - it doesn't mean they want her to remain depressed. Fans don't always have to move with the artist, there should be no compulsion to enjoy a song. You either like it or you don't

Well, it is quite obvious that when you are depressed, you most likely will not enjoy an album called Lust For Life. I mean, she couldn't have made it any more obvious, guys.

that's how you see it, but quite frankly I think when most ppl scream out about wanting another UV is they clearly want that lyrical content.

If anything it is pretty clear that Lana has a pretty big following that seems rather fragile to put it mildly. There is a very vocal part of her fanbase that literally wants to suffer and for her to sing them about it. But what if she has no desire to do so?

You're probably right, about the first part.

About them wanting her to suffer, I don't think they've thought it that far ahead. I think they want her to be happy, but still sing sad songs.

I feel like if people paid more attention to her previous work, they'd be able to tell we're not getting the same lyrical content as past albums again. (Like, she never revisited her May Jailer-era even when it would have benefited her)

giphy.gif

You're probably right, about the first part.

About them wanting her to suffer, I don't think they've thought it that far ahead. I think they want her to be happy, but still sing sad songs.

I feel like if people paid more attention to her previous work, they'd be able to tell we're not getting the same lyrical content as past albums again. (Like, she never revisited her May Jailer-era even when it would have benefited her)

Well, I think that they suffer or want suffer or are simply insufferable for the sake of being so, depends on the individual, I guess.

It wasn't like that in the very beginning.This fanbase has attracted some very fragile ppl over the years.  And I agree, they most likely have not processed for themselves that in order to sing about the damage that has been done to you, you have to be in a place that most likely is not healthy. While great music can sometimes come from a place or depression and sadness, it doesn't have to be like that.

And the problem when you are in your 30's and a big chunk of your fanbase is half of your age, is that when you change as an artist and person, your listeners mostly won't. And they do not care that being depressed, anxious or tortured is not good for you. They want you to feed them.

hey guys i was offline this weekend

did happened something important? i know about the show in UK, only that

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

You guys pretend like she never recorded happy, cheerful songs? Um have you guys forgotten about the masterpiece sToPliGhT dE-LiteE? Fake fans.

Is this the Printer Song that makes me chuckle when I'm in public transport so that people stare at me

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Well, I think that they suffer or want suffer or are simply insufferable for the sake of being so, depends on the individual, I guess.

It wasn't like that in the very beginning.This fanbase has attracted some very fragile ppl over the years.  And I agree, they most likely have not processed for themselves that in order to sing about the damage that has been done to you, you have to be in a place that most likely is not healthy. While great music can sometimes come from a place or depression and sadness, it doesn't have to be like that.

And the problem when you are in your 30's and a big chunk of your fanbase is half of your age, is that when you change as an artist and person, your listeners mostly won't. And they do not care that being depressed, anxious or tortured is not good for you. They want you to feed them.

While I've been following Lana since she first came out (as Lana), I wasn't really on any forums or anything for her until Born To Die had already come out, so I'll preface this statement with that.

I can't honestly see her NOT having attracted fragile/broken people since the very beginning. Like, even before Ultraviolence, her lyrical content was never all that conducive to good mental health. (The Lolita complex that Lana clearly had on AKA, Born To Die, and Paradise should be evidence of that.)

Additionally, I lowkey kind of feel that Lana helped to make these people broken. She made music that they used to romanticize Lolita-esque dynamics and drug addiction, etc.

giphy.gif

You guys pretend like she never recorded happy, cheerful songs? Um have you guys forgotten about the masterpiece sToPliGhT dE-LiteE? Fake fans.

THE most overlooked Lana song

Lana is happy and in a good mood

how could we even ask for more? 

Priscilla won't let her

Priscilla can't stop her if she doesn't ask.

reece.JPG

giphy.gif

speaking about Priscilla, i will never understand why she refuses to let anyone cover her ex husband songs

i respect her choice of course but come on give a chance for a few of artists who really love him like Lana for example?

Priscilla can't stop her if she doesn't ask.

reece.JPG

i wish it would be that easy but she should take a permission if she wants to put it in the album (legally)

:smile3: