Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Guns and Roses (her worst album track ever)

Okay but have you considered

#unpop #srrynotsrry

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Implying living in the past :P

your opinions and that cheeky comment can

giphy.gif

Okay but have you considered

#unpop #srrynotsrry

I'm gonna have to ask you this way because you're clearly tone deaf

giphy.gif

ty

As much as I love UV, it has Sad Girl, The Other Woman and sometimes I'm not in the mood to go through PWYC, Guns and Roses (her worst album track ever) and Cruel Word sometimes just drags along for those 7 minutes. It's my fav album of hers though.

I really don't think we should consider G&R a UV album track since Lana explicitly stated UV starts at Cruel World and ends at TOW.

The only reasons we have those tracks is because Lana implied the label forced her to release deluxe versions (though she eventually won with HM & LFL).

dreaming away your life...

What's the darkest track on the album? And is there any dark one with heavy instrumental?

giphy.gif

:hooker: from what i've heard heroin gets gritty and is lyrically dark, ik BPBP sounded lyrically dark from the snippet; i wouldn't know anythin else tho

I can't believe lana said she could sing tomorrow never came without it tugging at her heartstrings because I am crying buckets even on my 4th listen of it it's so beautiful oh my god lana thank you so much for bringing so much beauty and goodness and love into my life I can't wait to get tipsy and dance all down the riverbank to it w my bf when he comes omg i am slain

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

Some songs did suffer from being repetitive in the Chorus. But I love this album. It was great. It definitely tops Honeymoon. Heroin sounds White Mustang's verse. That was weird. I actually love the Sean Lennon song. The songs I hate are only Lust for Life and Summer Bummer(Lana ruined this by not rapping).

I wanted it to be sunny when I listened to the album but it is actually so much better hanging out of my skylight on a windy, overcast day omg but I am excited for the different feel I will get when it's sunny

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

My opinions after just one straight listen through, the album is very good, definitely her most commercial sounding since BTD [though it doesnt actually sound like BTD], but a great mix of mid tempo/slow songs.

Too early to see where it stands in her discography, i need to hear it a lot more, but im happy very happy with it.

13 Beaches is very beautiful, the production is nice, very lush and cinematic, not what i expected, kinda could fit on Paradise after Ride and American.

Cherry is amazing, but honesty, criminally too short.

White Mustang is cute, typical Lana, its not amazing or anything but i like it.

Love SB and GL [hadn't heard them in full yet].

In My Feelings is hot.

Coachella fits in fine when you play the whole album.

God Bless America is ok but nothing special, honestly the chorus is a bit dull and based on the description i was expecting something a little more interesting both vocally and production wise. Maybe it will grow on me but on first listen its just pleasant filler for me.

When The War Was Over, those high notes in the chorus, wheeeeew gurl, very nice. Verses are a bit dull but the pre-chorus and chorus is very nice.

Beautiful People, Stevie and Lanas voice blend nicely, the song itself is very Stevie too, its a nice melody, will def grow on me the more i hear it. Its very much a proper duet, they take turns, they sing together ect, they sound nice and i love the extra backing vocals during the chorus too. Its a Mom and Dad song lol, but in a good way, because you just know you aint listening to COLA with your parents around.

Tomorrow Never Came, its pretty, nothing amazing, but its a decent ballad. Seans voice is actually really nice and they both mix well together vocally.

Heroin, fairly standard Lana ballad but i like it. Love the guitar that comes in ever so often in the background, wish there was more of it. Could easily fit on Ultraviolence and will prob grow on me more with more listens, the last 2 and a half minutes are good.

Change, soooo amazing, its Old Money, its Fine China, i love these types of really stripped back piano ballads from her, so beautiful. Reminds me a lot of Tori Amos, the chorus is incredible [we heard it in the snippets already], i love this song a lot, very atmospheric, she fucks it up on this. Probably the best track on the album for now.

Get Free, fucking hell FUCK IT UP QUEEN, soooooooooo good, love that 1950s shoo-be-do feel to it, so catchy, perfect closer, great song.