Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I hate myself myself for judging the album based on a 128 kbps leak listened to through bad headphones. It's an amazing album and it's truly impressive how cohesive yet diverse it is. 

At this point:

Honeymoon > Lust For Life = Ultraviolence > Lana Del Ray > Born To Die > Paradise 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Sorry if this has already been asked but can someone explain Get Free where it says 'for.......and for.....'

As I said before I think it's like a moment of "silence" for the people that died

wow , she did that 

What did she do ?

A-THAT                                C-IDK WIG

B- HONEY SHE DID THAT  D- BITCH SHE DID THAT 

Guys when you pre.order and then the albums comes out its like u bought right away ? 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

if you pre-ordered from her site will the HQ audio files be emailed at midnight?

Nope. You won't get it until about 5/6 AM so I'd cancel pre-order and just buy it at midnight. I honestly don't get the point in pre-ordering unless the person who ordered it tends to forget about the releases

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I hate myself myself for judging the album based on a 128 kbps leak listened to through bad headphones. It's an amazing album and it's truly impressive how cohesive yet diverse it is.

At this point:

Honeymoon > Lust For Life = Ultraviolence > Lana Del Ray > Born To Die > Paradise

Our album ranking is exactly the same we must be soul mates or something :creep:

me looking at the lfl party every1 is gonna have/had while i'm here waiting and being a good saint in modq with my lfl virgin ears

VjfFqBY.gif

so a quick review & reaction from my first listen:

1. Love - 10/10  - solid album opener, love this track
2. LFL - 7/10 - it's an alright song it's just a bit weaker than what could have been.
3. 13 Beaches - 10/10 - a great and playful track, lizzie and btd live perfomance vocals made a small and cute comeback on the chorus too!
4. Cherry - 10/10 - idk about the cursing and random words being thrown in here and there but it's a great track sonically
5. White Musthung - 7/10 - still not sure about what exactly she's singing about but it's a cute bop!
6. Summer Bummer - 8/10 - i don't like this version with the one long asap verse as much as the siren bumber one, solid track though and great vibe!
7. Groupie Love - 7/10 - the boring chorus treatment hit this song hard during the writing sessions and made it sound super repetitive towards the end. i'm probably one of the few people who actually thinks asap adds something really interesting to the song though. it's great as a track to bring the "general lfl theme" back without  disrupting the flow of the individual songs, i come back to this later at the end of my review.
8. In My Feelings - 8/10 - why is this getting so much hate? it's such a great, hilarious and energetic track
9. Coachella - 7/10 - yeah it's not great but the actual chorus (not the children part) is as good as the outro
10. GBA - 6/10 - it's a cute sis but she seems pretty weak coming just before war. it's a great transition between yet another musical shift in the record though.
11. War - 10/10 - what a great song, i love how she "experiments" with new sounds and usual synth instruments in this song and mixes it with guitars etc. idk why it gives me spain vacation vibes it's probably the guitar.
12. Bpbp - 4/10 - this track is good, the problem isn't stevie, it's not lana, it's them together. they don't match. i cackled when stevie came up, it gave me arcade fire green light bbc radio 1 live lounge cover tease when the singer suddenly switches to her head voice.
13. tomorrow never came - 10/10 - what the stevie collab should have been like, their voices sound good together. i would have preferred a male duet partner like barrie (summer wine is so good) but even though sean's voice is kinda weird it still sounds great.
14. heroin - 10/10 - heroin rocked me, it shocked me. idek what to say it's just GREAT.
15. change - 9/10 - it's miles better than the snippets but i still don't like the verses.
16. get free - 9/10 what kind of perfect ending to the record, instead of ending on a sad vibe (heroin/change) which would be super easy for her to do and put some sad song as last, she choose not to. the second part reminds me of like 16 different lana demos (queen of disaster, paris, prom song gone wrong..) just so many really. love the actual outro, reminding me of the summertime sadness extended mix/ bel air and their endings. 

all in all this album is really good! 
i love how it has about 13 different sounds and vibes to it but i also spotted some "general lfl theme". it's kinda more of a vibe because i'm talking about themes that connect the tracks sonically even though they're all pretty great individual cuts. it makes the album feel very cohesive and diverse at the same time. i feel like lfl, groupie love and get free are the most obvious "definition" of the vibe i'm trying to describe here.

i guess my view on the record and the individual tracks will change within the next few days (and will continue to change since i usually adjust my music around my current mood). so don't take this as a my final review and opinion of the record.

i76mrxw.png