Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

stevie literally always sound like that lol that's just her voice  :biblio:  :biblio: personally I listen to a lot of her music and enjoy it but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. But I thought Lana and Stevie sounded beautiful together... legends only  :fabcat:

I dont judge you if you dont like Stevie's voice, but by me already being a Stevie fan, I love it in this song and I think Lana's voice kinda brings out the best in Stevie's voice, especially when they sing together.

I always thought Stevie's voice WAS a bit odd, but the lyrics always got through to me much more.

wow beat me to it   :hooker:

Guys this is not to be disrespectful or anything but

Will Chester's death from Linkin Park affect somehow Lust for Life?

I don't think so. Although LP's previous albums are back in charts again, Lana's album has been more anticipated. It will not take away sales or listeners from LFL, it will only mean that Linkin Park has more listeners. no one is going to not listen to LFL and instead go to Linkin Park. They've heard all the songs before.

stevie literally always sound like that lol that's just her voice  :biblio:  :biblio: personally I listen to a lot of her music and enjoy it but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. But I thought Lana and Stevie sounded beautiful together... legends only  :fabcat:

wow beat me to it   :hooker:

Legends only! That's my exact view. And yeah, Stevies voice definitely isn't everyone else's cup of tea. It depends what you look for in music

im still countin on the post-release thread to have a little section of every major piece of this era + lanaboards history/ major events

tenor.gif

Stevies voice is always like that, and that is a good thing, because it fits her music. the only reason you guys think its raspy is because lana is more nasal than she is and hearing lana's voice before stevie's makes it sound bad because it's so different. if it were stevie before lana you guys would've been like "why is lana mumbling" lmao

giphy.gif

I know who stevie is, I know her voice, I explicitly said it's not her nor lana but them singing this song together. I don't find that their voices compliment each other very well. Not some of u implying I don't know who she is.

Her voice works great on her own and so does lana's.

i76mrxw.png 

i like how chill she was with this album. how she didn't do all of that over-produced nonsense. thank god this album didn't sound like btd honestly. i love the lyrics, the style, but the demos are 4x better. like, just hearing the simple static her mic picked up when she started singing (see heroin) adds a feeling of true honesty, not something so perfect that it makes you mad.

giphy.gif

[calls lana] hey honey just calling to see how you're doing and i just wondering when you're coming back to the moon its been awhile, also there were strawberries and seven planets in the album trailer baby where are thos-

"We're sorry, the person you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please try your call again"

tenor.gif

the whole album lol

If i bought the vinyl is it wrong of me to ask for a link? Cause i drive my grandparents around and i wanna bop these new tunes

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

are the FUCKS replaced by FRICK and BITCH with BINCH ?  :creep:

FRICK!

Darlin'...

Darlin'...

Darlin'...

All of my peaches are ruined... BINCH!

???, ?????????

1. Tomorrow Never Came: It felt like a 70s song and I'm just a sucker for that.

2. Cherry: The bitch and fuck parts only make this song more charming for me.

3. Get Free: This is by far her best album closer ever. I hate to use this word but it felt epic in some way.

4. Heroin: I can see why people are raving about this song. It's just amazing.

5. Groupie Love: The whole song just makes me feel high. It's great.

6. Love: It is a beautiful, honest, and positive song.

7. Change: It is melancholy and effective.

8. WTWWAWWKD: It has good moments.

9. Summer Bummer: I did not like this song when I first heard it, but in the context of the album, it sounds really cool.

10. BPBP: I liked the song, except Stevie's voice did not sound good in contrast to Lana's.

11. White Mustang: The whistling at the end makes the song for me.

12. God Bless America: This song is cute but I feel like it doesn't quite live up to it's name.

13. 13 Beaches: It is okay. It didn't do too much for me.

14. Lust For Life: This song has good replay value for when I'm in a good mood, but it isn't a great Lana song. I dislike The Weeknd's voice.

15. Coachella: The beat is annoying.

16. In My Feelings: This song may grow on me but it's just the one that I wasn't feeling the most.

Here's my song ranking thing. Best to worst. I'm not sure how to rank it with her other albums yet. It hasn't fully sunk in. These are just my thoughts on first listen.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I dont see it

dreaming about heroin / probably gave you everything and took your life away

it's the heroine that gave him everything and ultimately took his life

I put you on an aeroplane, destined for a foreign land

My hope's that you come back again

And all my friends have come, 'cause they still feel him here

Bad beginning to my new year

Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit

Taking all my medicine to take my thoughts away

He's clearly not there anymore and she longs for him to come back. How can you not see all the death references, blood, the Manson mention, etc?

ZmJh1LG.jpg