Matt

Movie Discussion Thread

We actually discussed both those films in my european film lecture earlier. I was planning on watching spirit of the beehive this weekend haha!

what a coincidence. :flutter: I read about the film on Pan's Labyrinth's imdb. there's another film I'm going to watch called Cria Ceurvos that's in the same vein. let me know what you think of spirit of the beehive. I l would ove to hear your thoughts.

Can we please let the poor woman rest in piece already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v2NtqlnxkJA

I think she would hate to see what she's become. :\

Also, Hollywood has to stop with this Marilyn obsession; there are so many other compelling stories from that era of film that aren't heard :crying:

Marilyn is such an icon. I find the Norma Jean contrast so interesting.

:crying:

giffix-1.gif

I don't watch movies as much as I used to, but here are some of my favorites.

• Sucker Punch (2011)
  • The Addams Family (1991)
  • Addams Family Values (1993)
  • Casper Meets Wendy (1998)
  • Halloween (1978)
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
  • The Boys Are Back (2009)
  • The Help (2011)
  • Wait Until Dark (1967)
  • Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (1997)
  • Edward Scissorhands (1990)

That's more than I intended to list but yeah! :)

14417469274.gif

These are my favourites (I don't know why everyone's including release years but whatever). I'm not into movies at all and these are pretty much the only ones I'll watch:

• Donnie Darko (2001)
  • The Big Lebowski (1998)
  • Fight Club (1999)
  • The Breakfast Club (1985)
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
  • The Social Network (2010)
  • The Virgin Suicides (1999)

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

So there's this horrible Christmas movie that came out when I was in, like, 7th grade called Unaccompanied Minors. Basically it went unnoticed by everyone but me. It's really bad and childish but I watch it each holiday season, like, 10 times. It just makes me happy. Watching it tonight :flutter:

I just want to hang out with and talk to Quentin Tarantino. He seems like an interesting guy...

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I don't watch movies as much as I used to, but here are some of my favorites.

• The Addams Family (1991)
  • Addams Family Values (1993)
  • Casper Meets Wendy (1998)
  • Edward Scissorhands (1990)

That's more than I intended to list but yeah! :)

:legend:

I don't care what anyone thinks, I LOVE Casper Meets Wendy, I think it's better than the original :$

:legend:

I don't care what anyone thinks, I LOVE Casper Meets Wendy, I think it's better than the original :$

It is better than the original. Don't be afraid to preach the truth, baby! :flutter: Seriously though it was like the first movie I remember really loving.

14417469274.gif

my movie list?? someone tell me how to make spoilers :eek:

Candy, Sucker Punch, Carrie(76), Requiem for a Dream, Buffalo 66, Lolita(both), Christiane F., Paris is Burning, May, Ab-normal Beauty, Ginger Snaps, Moonrise Kingdom, Romeo & Juliet(both), The Basketball Diaries, Beetlejuice, The Butterfly Effect, Thirteen, America Beauty, Fight Club, Black Swan, Blue Valentine, The Virgin Suicides,Donnie Darko, Girl Interrupted, Megan is Missing, All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Gia, The Fall, Secretary, Mary and Max, Coraline, The Corpse Bride, The Vanishing(88), Lake Mungo, The Brown Bunny, I Spit on Your Grave(prefer remake actually), The Strangers, The Loved Ones, The Descent, Audition, Blue Velvet, Mysterious Skin, Lilya 4 Ever, Let the Right One In, Heathers, Drugstore Cowboy, Enter the Void, Trainspotting, Bonnie and Clyde, Innocence(04), Edward Scissorhands, Natural Born Killers, Drive, Amber Lake, Fallen Angels, Crash, American Psycho, The Panic in Needle Park, Pierrot le Fou, Vivre Sa Vie, Like Crazy, Irreversible, Antichrist, Cruel Intentions, Water Lilies, Cashback, Engel and Joe, La belle personne, Twentynine Palms, The Dreamers, Stealing Beauty, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pans Laberynth, Wristcutters: A Love Story, Cabin in the Woods, V for Vendetta, Silence of the Lambs, ,the snowtown murders, michael, ils, i am curious, elephant, downloading nancy, into the wild, manic, david and lisa, love object, sweet movie, bellflower, the lost, inland empire, mean creek, bully, the truman show, hunger, dread, tucker and dale vs evil, mulholland drive, rabbits, inside, in my skin, the girl next door, oldboy, last tango in paris, battle royale, almost famous,etc :thankyou:

tumblr_miebj9EePO1qiz2n4o1_250.jpg

So there's this horrible Christmas movie that came out when I was in, like, 7th grade called Unaccompanied Minors. Basically it went unnoticed by everyone but me. It's really bad and childish but I watch it each holiday season, like, 10 times. It just makes me happy. Watching it tonight :flutter:

Me and Home Alone :flutter:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

so i finally watched perks and while i was ready 2 rme at it, i thought it was really, really good. ezra made the film obviously. some of the things they said were really cheesy but it was so well done.

I missed it in theaters, the reviews are very mixed but I need it to be good, that book defined my teen angst.