Say Yes to Heaven

Lana Del Rey - Easter Eggs

What easter eggs have you found in Lana's songs? From Fucked My Way Up To The Top being played in the background of Ultraviolence to High By The Beach vocals slowed down in the beginning of Swan Song! Name some you have noticed here! (Inspired by @JimTotMeThat on the LFL Pre-Release Thread)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

interesting thread. I guess when Lana pronounces champagne w/ a sh- sound instead of a ch- sound in EMGHW.  

Noo, easter eggs are when something happens in one thing and then can be found in another thing, sorta as a nod to the viewer/listener.  But interesting observation!

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

in american when she says "honey put on that party dress" i always thought it was a reference to tom petty's mary jane's last dance, but knowing how many times she sings about a party dress it could just be nothing :toofunny:

also gonna point out the obvious blue suede shoes elvis reference lmao and tequila sunrise by the eagles in god knows i tried, i mean true it could be about the drink but imo at least the songs are too similar for her to just be talking about the drink alone (she could mean both tbh)

UbsOye5.png

Carmen:

Baby's all dressed up with nowhere to go

Love:

You get ready, you get all dressed up
To go nowhere in particular

Bonus:

Flipside:

You got me all dressed up tonight

. we get crazy every friday night .