Elle

Get Free

That's weird, why not sing something else or use fake names, that has to be better than a gap

I didn't notice before you guys said it, but I'll bloody notice now

I think she decided to take the names out only AFTER the track was done being recorded, for whatever reason

where's this "I brought my gun too" part?

After "Do you think you'll buy me lots of diamonds?"

Cle_I_HUs_AAd_E_zxxx.jpg

She said that she didn't want to create news headlines, so I can only imagine that one of the people referenced must've been Barrie. The entire song, even rewritten, sounds like it is written to the girl singing in Black Beauty. She got emotional talking about the "pop of color" in the lyrics "I keep my lips red", and we know how she said she was in a very dark time in her life back in 2012 - 2013, where she was desperate for even the slightest bit of color.

I take the pre-chorus about her chasing rainbows to be in direct response to the Black Beauty line "Life is beautiful/But you don't have a clue", where I always considered it to mean she was trying to show Barrie how beautiful life could be.

"There's no more chasing rainbows/and hoping for an end to them" > I've given up on the idea that helping you see the beauty in life will lead to us being happy together.

Btw why do ya gays hear "shut up, shut up"? There is no "up sound, and I cant hear "shut" as well, she just makes some "Shoot, shoot" sound.

Yeah, she is just humming/mumbling like she does at the end of Shades of Cool. There are no words, just sorta scatting.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

She said that she didn't want to create news headlines, so I can only imagine that one of the people referenced must've been Barrie. The entire song, even rewritten, sounds like it is written to the girl singing in Black Beauty. She got emotional talking about the "pop of color" in the lyrics "I keep my lips red", and we know how she said she was in a very dark time in her life back in 2012 - 2013, where she was desperate for even the slightest bit of color.

I take the pre-chorus about her chasing rainbows to be in direct response to the Black Beauty line "Life is beautiful/But you don't have a clue", where I always considered it to mean she was trying to show Barrie how beautiful life could be.

"There's no more chasing rainbows/and hoping for an end to them" > I've given up on the idea that helping you see the beauty in life will lead to us being happy together.

tumblr_nx8vnmJb8j1ql5yr7o2_400.gif

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I take the pre-chorus about her chasing rainbows to be in direct response to the Black Beauty line "Life is beautiful/[/size]But you don't have a clue[/size]", where I always considered it to mean she was trying to show Barrie how beautiful life could be.

Barrie isn't headline worthy, imho lmao, nor has he died (I don't think at least?? :smokes:). I'd say Lou Reed, Amy Winehouse, or Kurt Cobain, one of Lana's many inspirations whom lost their precious lives at such a young age because of drugs or suicide.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Barrie isn't headline worthy, imho lmao, nor has he died (I don't think at least?? :smokes:). I'd say Lou Reed, Amy Winehouse, or Kurt Cobain, one of Lana's many inspirations whom lost their precious lives at such a young age because of drugs or suicide.

Perhaps, but the way she talked about how the song was originally written was deeply personal and about past relationships, so none of those people would make sense.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXQYma2HSSh/?taken-by=sayyestoheaven

The person did not record video, sadly. But he was definitely at the show!

well. you know how it is... once a fan told us that he/she "asked" Lana about LIB and Lana said she would release the song in some weeks. we can't be sure if we don't have proof

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

full lyrics still aren't here :creep:

also, i legit dont get why people think she's saying shut up; she's using 60s doowop/scat flairs like in LfL

like shuwop or shodoop i dont get why it's so hard for people to tell that :rip: she explicitly stated she had a shangri-la feel which came through alright in LfL but incredibly in Get Free 

it's not fucking shut up shut up 

thoughts-

Get Free is in a sense Bel Air 2017 (but sideways through a time warp)

Get Free reminds me of Elton John's "Sacrifice" and/or Neil Tennant

Get Free is also an answer song, in a sense (and most interesting) a direct shot not only of her older stuff, but now seeing things different, but also to someone that she herself name dropped in "American" Bruce Springsteen and his Born to Run.

(but then Bruce himself was visionary and unique in the "I've seen the future of Rock and Roll" in 1975 to Lana now)

and where both Paradise (Ride)  and Bruce's Born to run were escaping, yearning, searching

and Get Free is staying and fighting back for what one wants, not fleeing and letting someone else do the battle

Someone should force feed Bruce to listen and understand her whole history of songs,

and then Bruce himself should have a sequel to Born to Run. Would be quite interesting imho

especially as Bruce and Lana now are equals.

(Elton already is deeply aware of Lana, and in Lust for Life, I hear a lot of Elton too throughout the record (including the connection of Elton & John Lennon and being

the Godfather of Sean Lennon),

and Elton himself had a sequel in the same sense, when he originally had "Someone saved my life tonight" (which was about him almost killing himself not wanting to marry at an early age), to the affirmation of Love "The One" basically about him and David (and the music is basically the same in both songs).

(and today I went and saw (for the 25th anniversary) in the movies "The Lion King". (with music by Elton and lyrics by Tim Rice).

One of these days, wouldn't it be great if Lana scores an animated movie

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp