Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

When I listen to this album and go back to her BTD album, it just hits me how different her voice sounds since her debut... both sounds really good, but her "childish" voice sounds better to her BTD/Paradise songs and I can't imagine her singing GBA with that voice, haha. She sounds more mature now, and it suits her age too. :flutter:

I managed to make a gif out of her iconic head turn at yesterday's show :flutter:

4mMNvJO.gif

Love her so much

Yaaasssss, it looks perfect! ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

When I listen to this album and go back to her BTD album, it just hits me how different her voice sounds since her debut... both sounds really good, but her "childish" voice sounds better to her BTD/Paradise songs and I can't imagine her singing GBA with that voice, haha. She sounds more mature now, and it suits her age too. :flutter:

Yaaasssss, it looks perfect! ♥

the woke political tracks paired with Rick Knowels tired ass janky sound and the album being so non cohesive just turn me off, I hope she works with fresh new people like the guy from Tame Impala seems very promising and revisit her Ultraviolence sound but build off of it to create something even more zany and psychedelic 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg5NUKH-dEE

a whole album with this sound pls  :flutter: i'd die

Now THIS is motherfucking TASTE. The good sis hornymoon delivering scorching hot tea to your tasteless folk twink asses ONCE AGAIN. Mind Blown. She needs to do this. Learn from the best because this is art sweeties, not that country music piece of trash :bye2: :smokes3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Now THIS is motherfucking TASTE. The good sis hornymoon delivering scorching hot tea to your tasteless folk twink asses ONCE AGAIN. Mind Blown. She needs to do this. Learn from the best because this is art sweeties, not that country music piece of trash :bye2: :smokes3:

OMG don't be so dramatic whichever she  does will be 10/10 good or 9/10 in the worst case

Not like we can ever really predict what she will do next anyway

OMG don't be so dramatic whichever she  does will be 10/10 good or 9/10 in the worst case

Not like we can ever really predict what she will do next anyway

Tea

We all have our own specific visions for the next era but the truth is that no matter what she does, it'll be good. She really has not let us down so far.

I honestly predict she's gonna do a r&b album. Something like Because of you mixed with Serial Killer.

I may not be spot on but I'm almost 100% sure that it will be her version of r&b. Cause she always spins her own versions of different genres.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Tea

We all have our own specific visions for the next era but the truth is that no matter what she does, it'll be good. She really has not let us down so far.

coachella, tomorrow never came, beautiful people beautiful problems, white mustang and world at war say hi

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I honestly predict she's gonna do a r&b album. Something like Because of you mixed with Serial Killer.

I may not be spot on but I'm almost 100% sure that it will be her version of r&b. Cause she always spins her own versions of different genres.

oh id fucks with this 

e1s11.gif

Tea

I don't wanna be that girl but I'm gonna but that girl: scrapping Yosemite, RBFY, BAR, reusing the BAR mv for shitty white mustang, scrapping the galactic witch concept for Chuck's trash Love BTS shoot as an album cover

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I was thinking about the booklets for each album. All of them fit the theme of the albums pretty well (BTD's modern twist of vintage glamour, UV's grey scale skylines, HM's bright and blurry florals) but the LFL booklet... I don't know, the only thing that makes it connect with the album is the daisy flowers (for her political songs?) and the dress she's wearing (Love music video). The gas station looks cool, but has nothing to do with the actual songs itself.

Any thoughts?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

everyday i listen to lfl i wonder what the solo demo of the song sounded like, what gba & waw sound like without metro poopin's beats and what yosemite sound like..... like this album just feels like a placeholder idk... it couldve been her best and it just breaks my heart that someone told her it was a good idea to go mediocre

I don't wanna be that girl but I'm gonna but that girl: scrapping Yosemite, RBFY, BAR, reusing the BAR mv for shitty white mustang, scrapping the galactic witch concept for Chuck's trash Love BTS shoot as an album cover

I was talking about it in the context of eras as a whole. No album has really been substantially bad. I'm not talking about smaller pitfalls like leaving out Yosemite, Best American Bible, etc. Those were obvious let downs but it didn't make this era that bad, you know?

On the "galactic witch" thing.... we....have.....no....confirmation...this...was..ever...a...thing..................... How many times do I have to say this :toofunny:  If you're referring to the album trailer, Lana said herself that it was just a solo thing inspired by "b-movies." There is barely anything "witchy" about this era besides subtle references in photos and the album trailer. 

On the "galactic witch" thing.... we....have.....no....confirmation...this...was..ever...a...thing..................... How many times do I have to say this :toofunny:  If you're referring to the album trailer, Lana said herself that it was just a solo thing inspired by "b-movies." There is barely anything "witchy" about this era besides subtle references in photos and the album trailer. 

I think people got this idea from the witchcraft references on her twitter like the Trump spells but yeah that hardly means "this is the direction my album will go"

I do think the original LFL was more "b-movie" like the trailer, she said she was experimenting with horror movie sounds once and we really never got that on the album besides the Carnival of Souls sample

What was her worst music video before Whi** Must*** was released?

Hard to say, because I love both Freak and Ultraviolence, but the fact that they're so recycled/cheap makes them slightly less great. So, maybe one of those.

Then there's Bel Air. It's a beautiful video, but quite honestly, nothing much really happens in it. So idk what I would pick, tbh.

White Mustang is definitely her worst though.

Actually, probably High By the Beach. The only redeeming thing about it is her shooting the helicopter.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I think people got this idea from the witchcraft references on her twitter like the Trump spells but yeah that hardly means "this is the direction my album will go"

I do think the original LFL was more "b-movie" like the trailer, she said she was experimenting with horror movie sounds once and we really never got that on the album besides the Carnival of Souls sample

Yeah exactly! This era was hardly going to be "witchy," though I do think she had some (very very very) minor references to it beforehand. 

Kind of on the same topic, but kind of digressing... does anyone else hear those subtle production sound in Cherry that sound kind of eerie? I noticed on my first listen back in July and now it's all I hear and I love it  :flutter: it reminds me of the little eerie production notes in 13 Beaches and Heroin. All three of those tracks have a darker sound to them, I love it 

i rly hope there's a Heroin video... with visuals like this

black and white for the verses and chorus with occasional flashes to old horror movie footage and dark imagery

9d7f479d-d28c-41b6-8b94-678d43665dc5.giftumblr_niyimn1LUV1tguy5fo1_250.giftumblr_p2obwignMm1vhf0hdo1_500.gif

tumblr_nyyg0fKFBd1qfg94wo1_500.gifgiphy.gif

color  and flashy for the ITS HOT parts of the choruses

tumblr_o1nj7hZJ7C1sfmyv8o1_400.giftumblr_nt5btlzDoI1tinzvpo1_500.gif

tumblr_ol52koZOPU1thoo8to1_500.giftumblr_nj0brjGtsT1u08zuoo1_500.gif

and i hope there's imagery of topanga looking eerie

7f02cad0e627a938f78bd4638e8f7e68--candle

i rly hope there's a Heroin video... with visuals like this

black and white for the verses and chorus with occasional flashes to old horror movie footage and dark imagery

9d7f479d-d28c-41b6-8b94-678d43665dc5.giftumblr_niyimn1LUV1tguy5fo1_250.giftumblr_p2obwignMm1vhf0hdo1_500.gif

tumblr_nyyg0fKFBd1qfg94wo1_500.gifgiphy.gif

color  and flashy for the ITS HOT parts of the choruses

tumblr_ol52koZOPU1thoo8to1_500.giftumblr_nj0brjGtsT1u08zuoo1_500.gif

and i hope there's imagery of topanga looking eerie

7f02cad0e627a938f78bd4638e8f7e68--candle 

Yes!! I imagine the beginning starting in a grainy/film like black & white, with the shot starting at the ocean and stormy clouds then moving to a house on the ocean with the balcony doors open and the drapes blowing in the wind and it eventually moves to Lana laying in bed staring out at sea ("the rumbling from distance shores..."). I need a Heroin video  :toofunny: