Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

she should've stuck to doing an album she wanted!

we all know she secretly didn't wanna do this kind of record.

but i don't get where this hate is coming from.

ya'll wanted this bop album.......ya'll loved it

now i see all this hate.

i'm so confused.

okay not to @ u but jesus can we stop this "she doesn't enjoy the music she makes once it's not 7 minute long songs with 38 bpm" bs finally.

she can make her own decisions and is not bound to no producer, co writer or collab. she does what she wants though and considering she listens to hip hop herself i don't think her music is forced on her by anyone.

i76mrxw.png 

Lust for Life is a fucking godlike album, Okay so it has it's imperfections (IMF,Coachella) But pretty much every album out there has at least one or two bad songs. I love the record so much  :oprah: :wowcry: :krylie:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT THIS POST BECAUSE YEAH IT'S TOO MUCH HATE ON THAT GODDESS BUT THEN "BETTER THAN MOST OF LFL" I'M CONFUSED

Well he did not lie. Are there any songs on L4L that are better than Diet Mountain Dew? I am waiting.

Okay of course there are, like the strongest tracks but even as DMD is one of the weaker songs on BTD it's still better than at least half of L4L. I think it's because that one actually captures an aesthetic and does a good job at that.

Well he did not lie. Are there any songs on L4L that are better than Diet Mountain Dew? I am waiting.

Okay of course there are, like the strongest tracks but even as DMD is one of the weaker songs on BTD it's still better than at least half of L4L. I think it's because that one actually captures an aesthetic and does a good job at that.

There are 11 songs in LFL better than DMD. Some examples:

1. The obvious Heroin
  2. Change
  3. Get Free
  4. Love
  5. Cherry
  6. BPBP

Edit: rest of the list:

7. TNC

8. WTWWAWWKD

9. GBA

10. 13 Beaches

11. White Mustang

Okay no, there's 11 songs better than DMD and I wanted to include GL but I don't think it really is.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

okay not to @ u but jesus can we stop this "she doesn't enjoy the music she makes once it's not 7 minute long songs with 38 bpm" bs finally.

she can make her own decisions and is not bound to no producer, co writer or collab. she does what she wants though and considering she listens to hip hop herself i don't think her music is forced on her by anyone.

she's been listening to hip hop her whole life so what's your excuse for her albums AKA, UV, &HM?

Lust for Life is a fucking godlike album, Okay so it has it's imperfections (IMF,Coachella) But pretty much every album out there has at least one or two bad songs. I love the record so much  :oprah: :wowcry: :krylie:

imf and coachella are good tho!

imf was a better slay than the mess of a slay g-eazy tried to do back lol

UV ≥ HM >>>>>> LFL = BTD

you forgot AKA!

The only kinda forced bop on the record is In My Feelings and it's great, the other bops are there naturally because of her talent (Cherry, SB, GL, WM)  :flutter:

i don't think any of the bops were FORCED ... like she can clearly make them because she's talented lol.

i'm just saying, the fans are kinda lie "BTD 2.0!!!!!!!!" and i can just picture her rolling her eyes lol

~INSTA1.gif

Lust for Life is a fucking godlike album, Okay so it has it's imperfections (IMF,WM,Coachella) But pretty much every album out there has at least one or two bad songs. I love the record so much  :oprah: :wowcry: :krylie:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

She also listens to blues, pop and rock (and kinda(?) jazz for the last one)

i know, lol that wasn't the point i was trying to make.

just because she likes a genre doesn't mean she wants to make an album of that genre but sometimes the industry demands shit and you gotta do that shit.

~INSTA1.gif

just because she likes a genre doesn't mean she wants to make an album of that genre but sometimes the industry demands shit and you gotta do that shit.

But she likes changing the sound. BTD is not similar to UV, UV is not similar to HM, HM is not similar to LFL, and LFL is like a combination of the 3 (in some songs) and also it has it's own style (tracks 6 - 11) I don't think the industry made her do it, she did it like that because she wanted to.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

You have a good point. Record companies can have specific demands they want a certain artist to meet that's strictly within their genre. Do people honestly think Interscope would let Lana (an alt pop artist) make a heavy metal album if she wanted to? Nope.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

If I remember correctly, Dan Auerbach talked about it. He said that Lana kind of put up with people at her label but he didn't  and that's why Ultraviolence ended up the way it did. Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't want to make stuff up. Not saying with Lust For Life it's the same, but it can happen.

i jus wanted to add my 2 cents in

i dont fucking appreciate all this goddamn diet mountain dew slander 

:crai: