Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

since i was in a lecture i missed out on one of the more fun thread trends we've had recently (the iconic door handle pause gif i missed out on too i aint missin my chances again); i don't think i have a favorite lyric in terms of being written but my favorite line she sings just due to the tone of her voice is from TNC "lay, lady lay- on the side of paradise, in the tropic of cancer" - idk.. to me paradise in her songs have always sounded glitzy, ethereal, bright but dusky at the exact same time, bright blue pools and gold and ivory trim mixed with palm trees and neon lights and an Oasis y'all feel? But with TNC it's very tropical, soothing, kinda like on one side of the island you see big pure puffs of white clouds and calm waters with the sun shimmering like a broken crystal on the horizon, and on the other side there's a storm; but you can't really tell if it's flowing towards or away from you, it's breezy. 

like that one line sets me into a frenzy i can't describe. it's so sweet like her voice in DMD but not as cavity inducing that GL is, it's like a different type of sweet, not sugary but refreshing and satiating. 

some other highlights from a multitude of songs off LfL that i absolutely adore in terms of lyrics are:

Love- "It doesn't matter if im not enough; for the future or the things to come" it's so bittersweet, Lana telling us she won't be here forever. But she doesn't care, she's young at heart and in love- with her life, her music, her fans, her possibilities :flutter: 

Cherry- "My rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends.... my celluloid scenes, are torn at the seams" in addition to rolling off the tongue, i love the idea of the Rose Garden burning, it's almost as if it's a retrospective line building the transitional bridge between BtD/PD and UV; shifting from her Rose Gardens to Blue Hydrangeas; just for her to regain her Roses within Burnt Norton; and now they're set aflame once more. Plus celluloid scenes/torn at the seams is so visually appealing, it gives me Supercut from Melodrama teas while also just being the entire point of the song in one line, but better

Groupie Love- "This is my life, you by my side; keylime and perfume and festivals" I mostly adore this line because of how the beat and her voice changes. It becomes softer and more foggy and her voice hits this transcendentally soft and-at-the-same-time-raspy that is so hypnotizing

WTWWAWWKD- "Shake it up- throw your hands up and get loose; cut a rug, lean into the fucking youth" I just love the snobby and almost mocking tone in this line, plus the 40/50s slang mixed in gives such a nice quality to the song :flutter:

Heroin- "I wanna leave..i'll probably stay another year; but, it's hard to leave when absolutely nothings clear" It's pretty much a direct metaphor to depression or abuse of any kind. For some people it's all they know, mixed with their shitty mindset it's easy to put off a seemingly empty promise without any care for importance to change asap. I want to be happy, but i don't believe in the aspect of it so this mindset with string me along for some more time while I promise myself to think of a better solution

Change- the entire chorus, the "every time that we run, we dont know what it's from etc." it's just so fucking pretty. the entire song is a blessing. still can't believe some of y'all bitched about it being boring or too awkward for Lana or not being boppy enough. ESPECIALLY when she teased it the same fucking week as the slow burning bop White Mustang & song-of-the-summer-yet-released-late-summer-bop Summer Bummer. smfh. 

tumblr_n3by216Nmf1szmooko1_500.gif 

Get Free- Once again the entire chorus, the references to Video Games & Ride, the promise of change, the Lizzy Grant loud vocals..tear jerker for people who understand the importance of the song not only 2 lana but to us

Get Free is the kind of song you'd hear at the end of an apocalypse movie or something like Apollo 13 as the main character is being thrust into a fireball after saving the entire world/galaxy/universe and accepting their fate 

It's the kind of song that takes the dead out of the sea and the darkness from the arts. It combines humanity into a collective hivemind of interlinked thoughts and emotions where we all resonate on the same frequency and can feel the flowers growing beneath our feet and within our soul. The song reverberates like bursts of light in supernova nucleosynthesis at the dawn on the universe and crashes down upon the minds of the bruised and beaten by life and heals like the fountain of youth. 

If Lana closes her concert with this song, after she walks off, the entire arena will begin to levitate slightly in their seats as the arena lifts off of earth and flies to the moon, where Lana is there waiting in the foreground of a sky full of stars and rainbows 

HvAWGbK.gif

tho i haven't heard Get Free since the release

since i was in a lecture i missed out on one of the more fun thread trends we've had recently (the iconic door handle pause gif i missed out on too i aint missin my chances again); i don't think i have a favorite lyric in terms of being written but my favorite line she sings just due to the tone of her voice is from TNC "lay, lady lay- on the side of paradise, in the tropic of cancer" - idk.. to me paradise in her songs have always sounded glitzy, ethereal, bright but dusky at the exact same time, bright blue pools and gold and ivory trim mixed with palm trees and neon lights and an Oasis y'all feel? But with TNC it's very tropical, soothing, kinda like on one side of the island you see big pure puffs of white clouds and calm waters with the sun shimmering like a broken crystal on the horizon, and on the other side there's a storm; but you can't really tell if it's flowing towards or away from you, it's breezy. 

like that one line sets me into a frenzy i can't describe. it's so sweet like her voice in DMD but not as cavity inducing that GL is, it's like a different type of sweet, not sugary but refreshing and satiating. 

some other highlights from a multitude of songs off LfL that i absolutely adore in terms of lyrics are:

Love- "It doesn't matter if im not enough; for the future or the things to come" it's so bittersweet, Lana telling us she won't be here forever. But she doesn't care, she's young at heart and in love- with her life, her music, her fans, her possibilities :flutter:

Cherry- "My rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends.... my celluloid scenes, are torn at the seams" in addition to rolling off the tongue, i love the idea of the Rose Garden burning, it's almost as if it's a retrospective line building the transitional bridge between BtD/PD and UV; shifting from her Rose Gardens to Blue Hydrangeas; just for her to regain her Roses within Burnt Norton; and now they're set aflame once more. Plus celluloid scenes/torn at the seams is so visually appealing, it gives me Supercut from Melodrama teas while also just being the entire point of the song in one line, but better

Groupie Love- "This is my life, you by my side; keylime and perfume and festivals" I mostly adore this line because of how the beat and her voice changes. It becomes softer and more foggy and her voice hits this transcendentally soft and-at-the-same-time-raspy that is so hypnotizing

WTWWAWWKD- "Shake it up- throw your hands up and get loose; cut a rug, lean into the fucking youth" I just love the snobby and almost mocking tone in this line, plus the 40/50s slang mixed in gives such a nice quality to the song :flutter:

Heroin- "I wanna leave..i'll probably stay another year; but, it's hard to leave when absolutely nothings clear" It's pretty much a direct metaphor to depression or abuse of any kind. For some people it's all they know, mixed with their shitty mindset it's easy to put off a seemingly empty promise without any care for importance to change asap. I want to be happy, but i don't believe in the aspect of it so this mindset with string me along for some more time while I promise myself to think of a better solution

Change- the entire chorus, the "every time that we run, we dont know what it's from etc." it's just so fucking pretty. the entire song is a blessing. still can't believe some of y'all bitched about it being boring or too awkward for Lana or not being boppy enough. ESPECIALLY when she teased it the same fucking week as the slow burning bop White Mustang & song-of-the-summer-yet-released-late-summer-bop Summer Bummer. smfh. 

tumblr_n3by216Nmf1szmooko1_500.gif 

Get Free- Once again the entire chorus, the references to Video Games & Ride, the promise of change, the Lizzy Grant loud vocals..tear jerker for people who understand the importance of the song not only 2 lana but to us

yaass go awf

???, ?????????

shake it up giphy.gif

throw your hands up and get loose ! tenor.gif

cut a rug sheepskin-cutting-rug5.jpg

lean into the fuckin youth ! willie-wildcat-kicks-baby.gif

we just want the fuckin truth ! judge-judy-dancing-gif.gif

hey bitches, i came back for your daily reminder that Get Free is the best song on the album and probably of lana's best songs in her ENTIRE career.

i don't care if y'all change the name of the song when you quote me but i'm serving #FACTS

i will love you until the end of time.

Imagine a mashup of Heroin and Cherry  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

it better be in the soundtrack for Blade Runner 2049 gretchen9.gif

but only the solo version gretchen13.gif abel can choke.

Solo Lana version and Blade Runner version of Get Free where Lana sings to the replicants as they sets them free to take over the planet 

robot qween

i honestly have no idea. i just think of that dying whale sound in the Album version times 10 with more siren sounding synths

it has a lot on futuristic synths with modest reverb and fancy instrumentation 

i will love you until the end of time.

The only thing I don’t like about lust for life (song) are the lyrics , don’t get me wrong, they’re fun and cute, but I find them repititive and light, I’d love something more deep than that... but otherwise the song is a BOP <3