Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

For crying out loud. She gets a number one and still it's the glass is half empty as opposed to half full. The great David Bowie who is a true legend got is first Billboard Number 1 album with Blackstar after he passed on. Think about that for a moment. 

exactly. Ppl judge the artist based on their sales, and that's BULLSHIT. I mean, Justin Bieber sells a lot, Katy Perry used o sell a lot too and they're both shit. Commercial success =/= being a good artist (and, usually, the artists that sells a lot aren't any good).

The Chainsmokers ft Halsey peaked at #1 and it's one of the worst songs I've heard (so does Despacito)

The songs on LFL are nice but they definitely don't have that spark like her old songs had. I'm trying so hard to fall in love with this record as much as i have with her previous ones but something just isn't clicking. To me her songs were always way more than just great. They were ethereal, unique, shockingly brilliant. These newer songs are the 'basic musician' kind of good. I'm not dissing the tracks at all, i'm just saying for Lana (imo) this isn't quite the same. The magic is gone and it kind of makes me so upset to the point where i almost feel angry. I seriously hope she's considering making an unreleased album at this point, cus for now i'm just gonna stick to being obsessed with AKA, BTD, P, UV and HM.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The songs on LFL are nice but they definitely don't have that spark like her old songs had. I'm trying so hard to fall in love with this record as much as i have with her previous ones but something just isn't clicking. To me her songs were always way more than just great. They were ethereal, unique, shockingly brilliant. These newer songs are the 'basic musician' kind of good. I'm not dissing the tracks at all, i'm just saying for Lana (imo) this isn't quite the same. The magic is gone and it kind of makes me so upset to the point where i almost feel angry. I seriously hope she's considering making an unreleased album at this point, cus for now i'm just gonna stick to being obsessed with AKA, BTD, P, UV and HM.

People said the exact same thing about Huntymoon in this forum I remember :eartha2: and by the next era y'all are going to praise LFL and be disappointed with the new album

tumblr_mgg7niY79H1qggpkco1_500.gif

I'm gonna stop everyone right there and just ask that you acknowledge Lana's slayage.

She just outsold two big-name male artists and got her second #1 while one of her opponents literally tried cheating his way to the top. How's that for shattering this increasingly male-dominated music chart scene so far this year? Lana not once mentioned wanting to go #1, fuck she didn't even tweet a link for the album download until almost a week after release, she did no promo whatsoever (per usual), had no radio support whatsoever (once again, per usual), she made no TV or radio appearances and she STILL got that #1!

The fact that Lana is selling as much in her first week as massive, mainstream, radio-supported artists like Lorde and Katy are is truly something to praise. There is obviously something special about Lana and her music. I can't name any other artist who could get away with doing the bare minimum promotion-wise and still go #1. But it's because she puts in the time in the studio and she works so hard to make music that is so signature to her. She's so consistent in sound, aesthetic, and 2-year releases. I love Lana so much and I just wish her fans and the general public would acknowledge just how well she's doing for such a low-key artist. That's how powerful her music is. :legend: :oprah3:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

actual mood  :hooker:

tumblr_otmonusKlA1sqvvjwo1_1280.jpg

girl my signature agrees with that too ! twinsies :hottie: 

also doesa ny1 know how to edit gifs? i really wanna put my username bottom center of the alien gif, just to add some spark; idk if iw anna make it a glitter gif though (im sorry elle :creep:

Wait, the #1 was never confirmed? :rip:

There's def some trickery taking place...

girl wdym don't play with my heart like this

tenor.gif