Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

But it's fine, I mean, if you look closely at the 1960's - 1990's top charts, none of those artists are really remembered, only the good ones are remembered (as cheesy as this sounds I think it's true).

I agree, I was just pointing out that that's just the trend saleswise for album artists such as Lana. And that's absolutely fine because that's the nature of her art. As Graham-y as I sound, she's well on the way on becoming a legend

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

LFL did have promotion

Yes compared to tho HM at least..but TV is a powerful thing

And I think an ingredient for success is to create a trend like she did with : Kiss me hard before you go or Live Fast Die Young etc...just think how many teenage girls felt relatable to these thinking they are "deep"

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Interscope says they're happy with her performance (and has, repeatedly for years [at least]...)

They let her do high-profile festivals without being recorded. They don't make her do the late-night/early-morning talkshow circuits.

Lana doesn't seem to be treated like every female pop-star out there (at least the ones signed to Interscope). Whatever it is, it's working for her and her label!

I feel bummed....I really appreciate the album but it's been hard to keep listening to some of the songs after a few times :( hopefully it grows on me, just haven't had this problem for a while. Like I repeatedly listen to the select few on the album I absolutely love, but other than that idk....something just isn't clicking for me 

Someone please translate this new French interview! http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Lana-Del-Rey/interview-104715.html

Good find!

She states "I recorded 4/5 albums" lmao what is the truth!!!

also says she recorded GBA-&A....a month before the womens marches in Washington!

Edit omg I find this so cute!! "

The alchemy between you and The Weeknd is such that I thought that a duet album idea with him would be very interesting. Would you like this?

Yes, I would love it! We talked about it at one point. But Abel is so busy ... He's fantastic. I could do it with ASAP Rocky too ... We could even do it all three. And even with Tyler the Creator. He just released an album, I listened to a few tracks. Everything is possible !"

I wonder why Lust For Life flopped

you cant flop if you dont try. Its like saying "i wonder why i didnt get an A?" when you didn't even study.

Flopping is when you try and then fail. Like studying for a test, expecting an A, and getting an F

LFL didnt flop. It did what lana wanted it to do

Or unless your fifth studio albums don't flop.

you clearly have no idea what the sales climate is like nowadays if you think LFL flopped... especially with the next to no promotion it got. it did extremely well.

For crying out loud. She gets a number one and still it's the glass is half empty as opposed to half full. The great David Bowie who is a true legend got is first Billboard Number 1 album with Blackstar after he passed on. Think about that for a moment. 

LfL walking into the charts ready to murder the competition 

Kim-Chi.gif