Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

@terrencelovesme

because Lana has referenced the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s,1970s, and the artists I mention all the time.

and Lana's covers mostly are old songs Nina Simone, Roy Orbison, Bobby Vinton, Lee Hazelwood & Nancy Sinatra, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed,

Brian Wilson, Daniel Johnston, etc etc etc

not to mention Rocky as JFK (who died in 1963)

Shangri-la's, Crystals, were 1950s groups

the Beatles who ended as a group in 1970,

Doors and Janis Joplin the 1960s

Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks was biggest in the 1970s

Bowie 1970s, onward

Elton was biggest in the 1970s, though he has transcended his biggest period and keeps making great songs and becoming one of the biggest

touring artists in the world. (and some songs on Lust for life are quite Elton'ish

all of whom did not put on a performance,but stood there and sang at the  microphone and hardly moved.

Lana actually has nothing in common with today's female artists, except that they want to be here, and they copy her, so today;s music is Lana

being done by other artists in an inferior way (they may copy but the words are minor)

Does that answer your question?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i didn't feel heroin when i was streaming lfl on deezer either it took me going to a fishing trip to realise that i loved it so much, anyway i understand  :agree:

Love understanding fans  :kiss:

He likes to remember his younger years.

Idk if this has been asked before but maybe Lana puts some of the footage of the WM video on the background while she performs it live?

She has a video behind her with a white car, a bit like a pick up truck. I really don't know my cars very well so I could be completely wrong but I'm pretty sure its not a white mustang. It could be from the video, it seems very Lana aesthetic and fits the song quite well. Maybe that will just be the video, a white car travelling through the countryside for 2 and half minutes  :oop2:  

qsVmBMd.png

Tbh RBFY wouldn't fit LFL..but I want it as a soundtrack so bad...it's sound sooo classic

Summer Bummer and Tomorrow Never Came are on the same record and there's no problem gurl... The "it wouldn't fit" is no longer an excuse for keeping Yosemite and the others away from us :icant:

What movie do you think it would fit? :flutter:

Something Disney styled but also something vintage and romantic like breakfast at Tiffany's..

Summer Bummer and Tomorrow Never Came are on the same record and there's no problem gurl... The "it wouldn't fit" is no longer an excuse for keeping Yosemite and the others away from us :icant:

Tbh you're right but RBFY deserves a special place..

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I don't care about all of them when there's a final version of BAR and a song called Wild One which we know nothing of d78.gif

the song named Wild One was found dead in the ocean the day we first heard of Yosemite and these are facts

Wait what if Wild One was reworked into some other song like IMF or Cherry or something like that

:mj3:

It was co written by legend Justin Parker so I guess not

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...