Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

How dare she scrap a song with Justin Parker :defeated: What if it's really good? Mess.

Tbh I would like to collab again with him but if not , I will and steal Lana's career

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

@terrencelovesme

because Lana has referenced the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s,1970s, and the artists I mention all the time.

and Lana's covers mostly are old songs Nina Simone, Roy Orbison, Bobby Vinton, Lee Hazelwood & Nancy Sinatra, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed,

Brian Wilson, Daniel Johnston, etc etc etc

not to mention Rocky as JFK (who died in 1963)

Shangri-la's, Crystals, were 1950s groups

the Beatles who ended as a group in 1970,

Doors and Janis Joplin the 1960s

Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks was biggest in the 1970s

Bowie 1970s, onward

Elton was biggest in the 1970s, though he has transcended his biggest period and keeps making great songs and becoming one of the biggest

touring artists in the world. (and some songs on Lust for life are quite Elton'ish

all of whom did not put on a performance,but stood there and sang at the  microphone and hardly moved.

Lana actually has nothing in common with today's female artists, except that they want to be here, and they copy her, so today;s music is Lana

being done by other artists in an inferior way (they may copy but the words are minor)

Does that answer your question?

tenor.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I need Lana to make a studio version of Peggy Lee's 'Do Right'. That song live was flawless to the touch. :twirls:

Literally was listening to this some hours ago.it was flawless

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

the more i read about "coachellaesque" and "roachella" the less i can believe lana "feminism isn't an interesting concept for me" del rey actually made something like this, :thumb3:  she's so candid tho i love the sentiment and how actually disconnected she's been 

songs called hiccups, silly string, and utopia were just added to genius under her unreleased ...whats the tea

I don't think they're real, like when a collab with Lady Gaga appeared on Genius, or Coachella's fake lyrics fiasco.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

idk why i keep reading posts like yours where people always defend lana's lazy ass just for the sake of it? 

if she decides to do a world tour for her fifth record her set better be longer than her 70 minutes hm festivals revamp set. most concerts are longer than an hour (where did that even came from?) and she won't die / dehydrate on stage.

here's an article about set lists: http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2013/10/31/242155242/the-good-listener-how-long-is-the-perfect-concert

AGAIN, she could NOT TOUR AT ALL if she wanted to.

Sorry but this "the lights are hot" and "most concerts are not longer than an hour" stuff you keep going on with is such bulllshit. Most concerts are longer than Lanas sets and none of those artists every died of dehydration. and the anxiety stuff is old by this point - she's performing for SUCH A LONG TIME, if she still has anxiety than it's because she's not working on it at all.

Stop trying to defend her lazy ass, it won't make you a bad fan if you just accept that her live performances are lackluster. Lately it's not just the setlist and the length but also the quality of her vocals that was ... well not that great. She did a great job with MTWBT but for most of the time she just relies on extremely loud pre-recorded backing vox. You are right - she's not U2 or Coldplay. So, since she's not really doing anything BUT sing it can't be harder for her than it is for them.

On the other hand ... none of the fans there actually listen, they just scream their brains out and act like complete idiots (which they are seemingly pretty proud of aswell "OMG I CRIED ALL THE TIME I'M SUCH AN EMOTIONAL AND DEDICATED FAAAAAAAAAAN!!!11!") so why should she even bother ... all they wanna do is have a night at the Lana-karaoke bar.

mental health conditions kinda stay with you, but alright.

and yes i will defend her, because I am a fan, and sometimes it feels like i might be the only own. half the people here shit on here all the fucking time.

there are artists that have been singing the same fucking set set list since the 90s/early 2000s.

~INSTA1.gif