Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Watch Yosemite be Coachella 2.0 lmao

im calling the police to your location right now, thank you for your cooperation in silencing hate speech. have a wonderful evening

An acapella heroin.......can you imagine

i need that instrumental fucking leaked NOW so we can pretend a heroin acapella exists god fucking damnit

tenor.gif

I was at the gym the other day and Coachella just popped up on play, and it wasn't actually as bad put together. I felt like a baby cowboy prostitute. I'd trade it all for a stairway to heaven. I'd take my time just to climb at the top of it. I mean if you think of it, it's like climbing up the stairs to mount yourself onto something you love

nicholasdagostostrip1.gif

UV/Honeymoon

But Lana once said that Yosemite was one of her favorites (I don't remember when or where I just know lmao), and Lana has good taste, she also said that Cruel World, TLY and Heroin were her favorites from each album so I think we can trust Yosemite.

On the other hand in one interview she said that she loved the production for Coachella so... there's that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

But Lana once said that Yosemite was one of her favorites (I don't remember when or where I just know lmao), and Lana has good taste, she also said that Cruel World, TLY and Heroin were her favorites from each album so I think we can trust Yosemite.

On the other hand on one interview she said that she loved the production for Coachella so... there's that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i watched chelsea hotel no. 2 and her old money acapella and i hope she decides to do another deluxe, i know she's said no about them ever since UV but thinking about 1-2 outtakes and an acapella version of a song... im crying already

200.gif

Putting Roses Bloom For You and Yosemite on a vinyl, or just releasing them as b-sides on iTunes is totally doable and would be a wonderful sales boost. It's a shame she and her team aren't creative like that

Putting Roses Bloom For You and Yosemite on a vinyl, or just releasing them as b-sides on iTunes is totally doable and would be a wonderful sales boost. It's a shame she and her team aren't creative like that

while laziness, creative blocks, or even just not wanting to do it are all factors- i doubt it's truly that easy. She'd have to get greenlit for it which doesn't seem hard, maybe even making sure the songs are finished such as RBFY,BAR,YOS could be something. We all know Yosemite wasn't even considered because it's a false concept to her right now, while it's where she wants to go she has too much heart into what she releases to give a false promise beyond anything past "im self aware something is changing, i want to get out of my black and into at least the blue" 

plus who knows what type of hell a 25 fully unreleased album would be trying to set up.. the liscensing, the reputation loss she could endure for making previously free songs cost $, having 'unfinished' or 'ugly' songs and trying to charge for it, idk too much about music industry but i can take a guess she'd have to get permission to get royalties from songs with producers or co-makers that she doesn't work with anymore etc. plus there's the fact that it'd strip thunder and freshness from LfL just releasing. Lana isn't Taylor where she could drop a new album and then make old work more accessible and only benefit from that action (talking about taylor in a what if situation btw)

All scrapped songs explaining to Yosemite about Lana and why was scrapped:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

who knows what type of hell a 25 fully unreleased album would be trying to set up.. the liscensing, the reputation loss she could endure for making previously free songs cost $, having 'unfinished' or 'ugly' songs and trying to charge for it, idk too much about music industry but i can take a guess she'd have to get permission to get royalties from songs with producers or co-makers that she doesn't work with anymore etc. plus there's the fact that it'd strip thunder and freshness from LfL just releasing. Lana isn't Taylor where she could drop a new album and then make old work more accessible and only benefit from that action (talking about taylor in a what if situation btw)

I mean..Lanas work are pretty much all her and a producer. Look at Britney Spears for example, among many pop singers, her albums are written and produced by different people, almost every track on the album. Some songs have 5+ cowriters and 2, 3 producers. There is no way this would be a problem.

And charging for songs that her label paid to produce??? Nobody would give a fuck about that. It's not as if she put out free mixtapes and wants people to pay all of a sudden.

omfg i didnt know there was a v2!!!!!! CAN SOMEONE PLZ SEND IT TO ME????? OMFG #bless

idk how to send it though, sorry sis :(

I was at the gym the other day and Coachella just popped up on play, and it wasn't actually as bad put together. I felt like a baby cowboy prostitute. I'd trade it all for a stairway to heaven. I'd take my time just to climb at the top of it. I mean if you think of it, it's like climbing up the stairs to mount yourself onto something you love

nicholasdagostostrip1.gif

That scene in Dirty Girl is such a turn on...  my god. Thank you for sharing that gif here <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm sorry, but Noir is the masterpiece Lana will never top.

Noir by Lana Del Rey is better than her entire discography excluding Honeymoon. Noir is the perfect song. The lyrical perfection and sheer quality the song has is up to par with Honeymoon, her best album. If Lana had added it to Lust For Life the entire album would be saved. Anyone who thinks that Noir is a bad song is an immediate sinner and cannot be considered a fan of Lana Del Rey. Noir is the definition of true enlightenment. It opens your third eye. It rids you of all sin, evil, and sorrows. Those who have not listened to Noir have not found God. It is why they feel empty or don't realize they are missing something from their life. May Noir live on forever and never be forgotten.

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Noir by Lana Del Rey is better than her entire discography excluding Honeymoon. Noir is the perfect song. The lyrical perfection and sheer quality the song has is up to par with Honeymoon, her best album. If Lana had added it to Lust For Life the entire album would be saved. Anyone who thinks that Noir is a bad song is an immediate sinner and cannot be considered a fan of Lana Del Rey. Noir is the definition of true enlightenment. It opens your third eye. It rids you of all sin, evil, and sorrows. Those who have not listened to Noir have not found God. It is why they feel empty or don't realize they are missing something from their life. May Noir live on forever and never be forgotten.

ok work noir fish

Honey, I love Noir to bits - you can't imagine - so why do I still feel that my crops are dry, my life is empty and missing something important?  :crossed:

random episode of existential crisis brought by yours truly  :toofloppy: i just want God to give me life 

I WISH I WAS YOUR GIRL :hair: :hair: :hair:

What a song OMG

it truly complete's UV.. it's pretty much as if iTunes forgot to include in terms of finished and thematically appealing, it's up there with BAR/YOS not being on LfL, and her Elvis cover not being on BtD levels of tomfoolery

Guys, they are making a historic documentary on Lana Del Rey. Here's the trailer -https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=592089270961352&id=533023830201230

I saw the trailer and thought it was very interesting - hopefully we'll see it all one day!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png