Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Do we know if Lana is in NY yet? I wandered the streets all day today and I didn't randomly run into her... *cries*

did u try ur local coffee shop or topshop ?

God bless america is better than cherry 

im like 35% sure somethin is bein said here but gosh...man i jus dk...hmm

tenor.gif?itemid=9718895

God bless america is better than cherry 

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2017 has some good releases but as a whole I think 2016 is stronger. While some of my favorite artists dropped stuff this year (LfL, CTRL, Kelela's album was great, I like Melodrama n i dont dislike all of hfk)- in addition to albums like DAMN. Rainbow and Reputation which are all going to be iconic releases for their respective artists just think back on 2016 for a second

Lemonade

ANTI

Blonde

Life of Pablo

Coloring Book

4 Your Eyez Only

Views

Joanne

Awaken My Love

Starboy

A Seat At The Table

e: this is what the truth feels like

glory

all this vs. 

Divide

Melodrama

DAMN.

Flowerboy

Tell Me You Love Me

4:44

Lust for Life

Witness

Hopeless Fountain Kingdom

Rainbow

e: beautiful trauma

ctrl

i know a few users aren't into to more RnB or hiphop style music or jus non-white non-alt music in general  but 2016 imo was 10x stronger in releases 

the 2016 albums you just mentioned in all honestly are albums i feel will always be iconic and had a strong feeling to them as an album. just DEEP and GREAT. next lana album will probably be out in 2020.

giphy.gif

Finally the truth has been spoken

it's been spoken ? then where is it ?

I'll give you that one boo! That's a damn good comeback. But TBH it's no secret Cherry is highkey overrated. It's pretty good though ngl. GBA's bridge alone shits on it though

@@TROPICUM 

Cherry's bridge > GBA's bridge. :oprah3:

Cherry's lyrics > GBA's lyrics. :oprah3:

Cherry's instrumental >>>> GBA's instrumental. :oprah3:

"Bitch!", "Fuck!" >>> GBA as a whole. :oprah3:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

@@TROPICUM 

Cherry's bridge > GBA's bridge. :oprah3:

Cherry's lyrics > GBA's lyrics. :oprah3:

Cherry's instrumental >>>> GBA's instrumental. :oprah3:

"Bitch!", "Fuck!" >>> GBA as a whole. :oprah3:

GBA's rapping bridge made Eminem's 'Rap God' quake. Let alone Cherry's barely audible background vocals with basically same bridge as chorus  :teehee:

Are you implying women's rights aren't more important than spices? I am TRIGGERED

A basic instrumental with a basic beat > beautiful guitar and gunshots?  :crossed:  Someone here is wrong!

Unnecessary cussing that contributed nothing to the lyrics is better than one of Lana's magnum opuses? I think we have to have a talk, ~

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

GBA's rapping bridge made Eminem's 'Rap God' quake. Let alone Cherry's barely audible background vocals with basically same bridge as chorus  :teehee:

Are you implying women's rights aren't more important than spices? I am TRIGGERED

A basic instrumental with a basic beat > beautiful guitar and gunshots?  :crossed:  Someone here is wrong!

Unnecessary cussing that contributed nothing to the lyrics is better than one of Lana's magnum opuses? I think we have to have a talk, ~

Good. Great. I mean you went off. But honey, you're still W R O N G 

78d8G1d.gif how do i even start omg

1. That try-too-hard to continue the song without actually continuing the melody better than Cherry wonderful bridge-chorus? Ha! For some reason Lana re-use it honey.

2. No, he was saying that not everyone is an american and can actually relate to that 'I luv Murica' mess

3. Basic instrumental????? BITCH having that 'BASIC' beat is better than putting a fucking audiojungle.com GUNSHOTS EFFECT in the middle of a SONG.

4. The cussing gave the song a UNIQUE sound and effect in it. Something that GBA and Coachella trully fails to copy  :teehee:

Now, there's a reason why Lana has perfomed Cherry live and not GBA.

To finalize, Cherry makes GBA look like is in Coachella kinda league. 

Basically:

Cherry >>>>> god bless garbage

ilysm <3 :D

???, ?????????

Taylor Swift is NOT on the judging panel. Who told you that?

Also, even if she were, it wouldn't help Lana. Grammy winners are chosen through voting by the members not group discussion so she would be nothing more than one vote.

She is 

https://www.reddit.com/r/TaylorSwift/comments/3on1xx/did_taylor_become_a_grammy_voting_member/

perhaps @Constantine could provide more assurance 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

the production on IMF and coachella is tragic, truly the low point on such a beautiful record  :defeated: and i'm not dissing the trap beats, which i liked in hm. i think they were just done wrong and needed more work on them. They could have gone on a more organic lane perhaps and used actual instruments: mika's relax take it easy was all instruments and it still sounds awesome, i also like 80s synths and i'm not against electronic vibes. 

the production on IMF and coachella is tragic, truly the low point on such a beautiful record :defeated:and i'm not dissing the trap beats, which i liked in hm. i think they were just done wrong and needed more work on them. They could have gone on a more organic lane perhaps and used actual instruments: mika's relax take it easy was all instruments and it still sounds awesome, i also like 80s synths and i'm not against electronic vibes.

Drag Coachella to hell but IMF is fine the way it is ♡