Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Next time i have a bad day i’ll read this post so i can laugh. Thank you for helping my mental health, your kindness will not be forgotten.

No problem. Thank You.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

LfL is the only Lana album I don't listen often... I still listen to SB, BPBP, 13B, Change and GFree sometimes but it's so far from my obession of her previous works,

I think it's because it's a too poppy album, I don't like the promotional side, the videos looks great but all this era is so teenage and I'll dare to say superficial.

The good point is that I like the record and I'm not especially disappointed at all, I just lost some interest in her with that type of work.

The only things I really don't like are the swearings in Cherry (even if it sounds good and greatly mixed, it's so "not-Lana" and absolutely useless), and In My Feelings that is so cheap to me, and the instrumentals are too weak on WTWWAW and GBA.

So at this times my feelings are mixed, I'm waiting the next project too see if it's just an exception.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Grammy can choke on Ed's dick for all I care. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about.

Most of my favourite artists never got any Grammy recognition and Adele got 3 Grammys for the song 'Hello' alone & 18 Grammys in total, so yeah, it works on favouritism not hardwork. I don't respect that show.

Grammy can choke on Ed's dick for all I care. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about.

Most of my favourite artists never got any Grammy recognition and Adele got 3 Grammys for the song 'Hello' alone & 18 Grammys in total, so yeah, it works on favouritism not hardwork. I don't respect that show.

seriously? Hello it's trash lol :delicious:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

seriously? Hello it's trash lol :delicious:

I will not stand this slander on Hello and Adele. :crossed:

On topic though: when are the Grammy's held? I never know about these things, I'm always like "oh, it's time for the Oscars again", lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Adele is wonderful and everytime its a windy day I stand outside and sing Hello, but yeah, she does fall into that category of being a Grammy darling. The fact that 25 won over Lemonade is.......a travesty, and I actually like 25, but Lemonade is such a wonderful artistic statement and so relevant for today, even Adele was confused when she won tbh.

It would be cute for Lana to win, just because I always love to see her do well, but honestly, even if she doesn't, they can still all go jump.

Adele is wonderful and everytime its a windy day I stand outside and sing Hello, but yeah, she does fall into that category of being a Grammy darling. The fact that 25 won over Lemonade is.......a travesty, and I actually like 25, but Lemonade is such a wonderful artistic statement and so relevant for today, even Adele was confused when she won tbh.

everyone knew it was gonna be 25 vs lemonade and both would have been a deserving winner. if someone wants to come for an unexpected winner it would be self titled vs that beck album. 

anway.. lana's team clearly not here for a lana win or else they would pull a mrs carter and submit every song in like 3 different categories.

i76mrxw.png 

everyone knew it was gonna be 25 vs lemonade and both would have been a deserving winner. if someone wants to come for an unexpected winner it would be self titled vs that beck album. 

anway.. lana's team clearly not here for a lana win or else they would pull a mrs carter and submit every song in like 3 different categories.

if they were here for a lana win they would've put in her for alt AOTY lbr

I wasn't slandering Adele. I can understand that some (dull) people enjoy her music. I was just saying that it's not fair to give 15 Grammys to a single artist when there are so many other hard-working musicians who deserve some recognision and respect.

Taylor Swift is on Grammy's judging panel. She loves Lana. Love and Tomorrow Never Came are on her Spotify playlist. Win is incoming.

Taylor Swift is NOT on the judging panel. Who told you that?

Also, even if she were, it wouldn't help Lana. Grammy winners are chosen through voting by the members not group discussion so she would be nothing more than one vote.

in my opinion she has a good chance to get a nom for the Pop Collab category since there haven't been many big collabs (even tho 99% Despacito gonna win it)

and Starboy will be for sure get nominated for AOTY so another nom for LDR

giphy.gif