Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

sure jan

not like we got some fan favourites in the bonus tracks but sure.

I checked myself, and stand by what I've said. Let me speak for myself at the very least.

Lust for Life never had a deluxe release (that we know of), Honeymoon neither, I seldom listen to all the tracks on Ultraviolence, and the closest thing to connect to what you're saying with me is Without You on Btd. Burning Desire had it's own release as a single, considering it was released at the same time of Paradise. 

Even if what and how you're saying things might be true for yourself and others, well that's fine. Keep in mind that releases of their own tracks, standalone would be a great way to strengthen her selection of what she wanted to release, and help bridge one record cycle to the next, all the while keeping constant interest, not just from her fans, but keep the public interested as well. 

There's always a better way of doing things, so let's talk about it.

UV/Honeymoon

SB was done at the same time / recording sessions as groupie love though.

I don't think it was, because Lana said in the Beats Radio 1 interview with Zane Lowe that Summer Bummer was done after Groupie Love, and Groupie Love was originally a solo track most likely done in 2016, until Rocky jumped on it a few months later (assuming this since in June 2016, we had new polaroids of Lana and Rocky together), and I'm only speculating, but it sounds like Summer Bummer was done with the extension of the record: Cherry, WM, IMF, CWIMM, and Change. Playboi Carti's ad-libs which are sampled from his song "Magnolia" are also on SB, and Magnolia wasn't released until April 2017. Of course, the release of the song doesn't have to match with SB's, but in this case I think it might.   :)

I checked myself, and stand by what I've said. Let me speak for myself at the very least.

Lust for Life never had a deluxe release (that we know of), Honeymoon neither, I seldom listen to all the tracks on Ultraviolence, and the closest thing to connect to what you're saying with me is Without You on Btd. Burning Desire had it's own release as a single, considering it was released at the same time of Paradise. 

Even if what and how you're saying things might be true for yourself and others, well that's fine. Keep in mind that releases of their own tracks, standalone would be a great way to strengthen her selection of what she wanted to release, and help bridge one record cycle to the next, all the while keeping constant interest, not just from her fans, but keep the public interested as well. 

There's always a better way of doing things, so let's talk about it.

I also hate deluxe versions, bonus tracks, re-releases etc. Mainly because I want an album with a strong tracklist and just one idea of what songs are gonna be on the album and which song is gonna end it. For me, the concept of the album easily gets lost if there's other versions/releases to the LP. Like for example; Ultraviolence, where there can be different endings, The Other Woman, Florida Kilos, Is this Happiness or Flipside all depending on which edition of the album you listen to. Obviously a bonus track is meant to be "less" part of an album then the standard tracklist which I feel is bad for the concept and the whole idea. 

With that said I personally think some of Lanas best songs are bonus tracks. Flipside, Without You,  Black Beauty etc. Also UV is my fave album of her even though it has most bonuses out of them all. And that just adds up how bonus tracks are stupid and unnecessary imo because it's so annoying when a few of the bests songs is not even part of the standard. Lana is definitely not the only album who releases amazing bonus tracks. But I'm glad her two lastest albums only has one edition and one tracklist. 

I don’t care about bonus tracks because I’m just a slut for more tracks. Yeah sometimes they throw off the cohesiveness of a whole album..but imagine not having Florida Kilos or Is This Happiness.

Just give me more tracks

we finally agree on something

i wish she would've gone the hippie folk way for lfl and then done the upbeat futuristic hip hop type of stuff for the EP

now that i look at it, i hope the folk ep is actually real

im kinda glad she made it seperate... because i feel like when the ep is releasesd she'll drop the whole instagram baddie persona and find a more happy, her. yknow?

like especially bc if its the folk EP it'll be smaller and just feel more special. like a cute little family rather than a huge album with too many.

Sad to say but I feel like LFL could easily be her last "major" era. I think albums from here on, or at least after the next album, will have much more smaller releases. She's past her peak as a major label act, doesn't like promo and seems much more comfortable with smaller releases like HM where she can just put out the music and leave it at that. I doubt she's going to keep the pop sound and try to get some momentum going, which I can respect. Quality of the music matters more than anything else at this point in her career. I really need another HM-like record with more strings :trisha:

Edit: I just realized that I probably made posts like these at least 80 times. We really do have nothing to talk about now huh :eartha2:

Sad to say but I feel like LFL could easily be her last "major" era. I think albums from here on, or at least after the next album, will have much more smaller releases. She's past her peak as a major label act, doesn't like promo and seems much more comfortable with smaller releases like HM where she can just put out the music and leave it at that. I doubt she's going to keep the pop sound and try to get some momentum going, which I can respect. Quality of the music matters more than anything else at this point in her career. I really need another HM-like record with more strings :trisha:

Edit: I just realized that I probably made posts like these at least 80 times. We really do have nothing to talk about now huh :eartha2:

Sis I’ve done the same. We’re so bored we’re fighting over the word folk

Sis I’ve done the same. We’re so bored we’re fighting over the word folk

folk you

I think Lana will be focusing more on the music and the art of it all after this era, and honestly I’m not mad.

I think Lana will be focusing more on the music and the art of it all after this era, and honestly I’m not mad.

Yup. This era probably turned out a lot bigger than it was supposed to be. She talked about the record having the same aesthetic as HM during the early stages. No way they would have given her as big of a budget for the Love video if she kept the orchestral sound.

Yup. This era probably turned out a lot bigger than it was supposed to be. She talked about the record having the same aesthetic as HM during the early stages. No way they would have given her as big of a budget for the Love video if she kept the orchestral sound.

At this point in Lana's career she doesn't need to do big releases anymore. I think she needs to focus on being the best singer/songwriter she can be, and she's doing that. I'll be 100% here for it.