Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I'm pretty sure LFL was originally going to mesh futuristic folk with 60's girl group. I'm pretty sure the original May 26th tracklist was something like this (with the album being finished in January 2017, with the exceptions of RBFY in March 2017 and BPBP with Stevie vocals in March/April 2017. Coachella most likely was not intended to be on the album at the time, and Cherry, WM, SB, IMF, and Change were all last minute additions in perhaps May-June).

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Love

3. Lust for Life (feat. The Weeknd)

4. 13 Beaches

5. Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky)

6. Architecture (most likely renamed that after BAR leaked, thus having Lana change the LDR5 title/concept from BAR to LFL, as we can assume)

7. Yosemite

8. God Bless America (perhaps without Metro Boomin's beats, as in April 2017, a video of Lana holding a baby was posted, and someone on here pointed out that you can hear GBA but without hip-hop beats, so maybe that version?)

9. When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing (again, maybe a potential darker version, without trap beats?)

10. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks)
11. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon)

12. Heroin

13. Get Free

I love LFL the way it is now, but I can't help but imagine this as the original LFL in early 2017, with music videos for Love, LFL, Architecture, and Yosemite.

I'm pretty sure LFL was originally going to mesh futuristic folk with 60's girl group. I'm pretty sure the original May 26th tracklist was something like this (with the album being finished in January 2017, with the exceptions of RBFY in March 2017 and BPBP with Stevie vocals in March/April 2017. Coachella most likely was not intended to be on the album at the time, and Cherry, WM, SB, IMF, and Change were all last minute additions in perhaps May-June).

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Love

4. 13 Beaches

6. Architecture (most likely renamed that after BAR leaked, thus having Lana change the LDR5 title/concept from BAR to LFL, as we can assume)

7. Yosemite

8. God Bless America (perhaps without Metro Boomin's beats, as in April 2017, a video of Lana holding a baby was posted, and someone on here pointed out that you can hear GBA but without hip-hop beats, so maybe that version?)

9. When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing (again, maybe a potential darker version, without trap beats?)

12. Heroin

13. Get Free

I love LFL the way it is now, but I can't help but imagine this as the original LFL in early 2017, with music videos for Love, LFL, Architecture, and Yosemite.

If only....

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Love

4. 13 Beaches

7. Yosemite

12. Heroin

13. Get Free

i want to live in this alternate didmension

9FXPxMb.gif

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Love

4. 13 Beaches

7. Yosemite

12. Heroin

13. Get Free

I wish, this would've been a great tracklist, especially without the beats in GBA and Groupie Love IMO

I wish, this would've been a great tracklist, especially without the beats in GBA and Groupie Love IMO

GBA and Groupie Love's production is absolutely flawless for me, I wouldn't change a thing about their production.

Also am I the only one who actually loves this album? I mean it's not flawless, some songs are lacking on the production side but this album has so many gems that will go down as classics in Lana's discography, like Love, Heroin, Get Free, Cherry, and Groupie Love

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

GBA and Groupie Love's production is absolutely flawless for me, I wouldn't change a thing about their production.

Also am I the only one who actually loves this album? I mean it's not flawless, some songs are lacking on the production side but this album has so many gems that will go down as classics in Lana's discography, like Love, Heroin, Get Free, Cherry, and Groupie Love

I love this album too besides TNC and BPBP

Everyone is posting their terrible LFL opinions so here's mine: Get Free is overrated bye

9FXPxMb.gif

Get some taste, sis

jk

kind of

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

SO,  let's just say that.....  IF Lana had still included BAR on the album,  and the album was actually titled Best American Record...  Would you like the album more? Where would it sit in your favourites?

Considering BAR is the second best song from this era I’d say I’d love it. favorites idk. Probably still 3rd fave. One and two being Honeymoon and Ultra! Honestly I’m happy with what we got but still very intrigued to have experienced the original album.

Considering BAR is the second best song from this era I’d say I’d love it. favorites idk. Probably still 3rd fave. One and two being Honeymoon and Ultra! Honestly I’m happy with what we got but still very intrigued to have experienced the original album.

This is pretty much where I would sit too.  It would have made the album more 'old lana' so for that reason I'd latch onto it more. But overall it would still be less than Honeymoon and Ultraviolence on my tops. Maybe more than BTD though,  equal with Paradise? 

SO,  let's just say that.....  IF Lana had still included BAR on the album,  and the album was actually titled Best American Record...  Would you like the album more? Where would it sit in your favourites? 

if she had followed her original concept and kept the name BAR and let it become the folk inspired record it was supposed to be, i think it couldve been one of her best

9FXPxMb.gif

This is pretty much where I would sit too. It would have made the album more 'old lana' so for that reason I'd latch onto it more. But overall it would still be less than Honeymoon and Ultraviolence on my tops. Maybe more than BTD though, equal with Paradise?

I agree. Lol sounds like we have a similar ranking Paradise > BTD for me too lol. Anyways hoping one day we get the original demos and what not for the album. I definitely think it would have been more cohesive in the fact that the sound wouldn’t have been as diverse. Either way BAR deserved better. Glad we at least got it as a leak! I’m excited for the next project already though. Things seem to be in the works lol!

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Love

4. 13 Beaches

7. Yosemite

12. Heroin

13. Get Free

SB was done at the same time / recording sessions as groupie love though.

i76mrxw.png