Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

it is pop but idk where ur going with this. saying shes doing music for the radio and pop as if we were supposed to be surprised by this.

You tried to call us "something else" for saying Rihanna is making pop music are you okay 

You tried to call us "something else" for saying Rihanna is making pop music are you okay 

i wasn't saying that over rihanna making pop music, i quoted the rihanna is doing pop music part because you said "All of her albums before ANTI were just pure radio music" as if that was some kind of statement or unpopular opinion that you want everyone to realise.

i76mrxw.png 

Ok, I admit LFL isn't as "cohesive" as Her other albums. (HM is her most cohesive). But the only part that's like "wtf is this doing here?" Is when the political songs come in..it throws everything off. Like if there was any story she's trying to tell..those songs are a brick wall separating two chapters and it's very off putting.

However, the album as a whole is sonically cohesive. The only song that is random when it comes to sound would be IMF. But even that was a welcome experiment.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I think it might’ve been part of that project Chuck did for Nikon/that camera company?

tbh i think it was for BAR because her tapes spelled "BAR" also i needed to ask because some poeple on Instagram are freaking out because apparently a snippet of LIFE IS ********* WAS POSTED but it dissapeared?

i will love you until the end of time.

Im a tad confused as to why we are even talking about Rihanna in this thread and comparing her and lana.....

Anyways I like Rihanna but have to agree she is overrated like the majority of radio friendly artist. But thats her gig tho. Theres nothing wrong with it. 

Ok, I admit LFL isn't as "cohesive" as Her other albums. (HM is her most cohesive). But the only part that's like "wtf is this doing here?" Is when the political songs come in..it throws everything off. Like if there was any story she's trying to tell..those songs are a brick wall separating two chapters and it's very off putting.

However, the album as a whole is sonically cohesive. The only song that is random when it comes to sound would be IMF. But even that was a welcome experiment.

I think starting off the political segment with a lyric like “I was at Coachella” was a decent transition to the rest of the political tracks. It provides a reason for her to add the social commentary she did instead of following a love song with a song about praising women out of nowhere. I would’ve preferred if WTWWAWWKD came directly after and was followed by GBA though. It just sounds better sonically and hearing that final line “God Bless America and all the beautiful people in it” just sticks with you more and wraps up that little section beautifully.