bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

Head Head Honcho delivers one of the most interesting beats imo but the lyrics crack me entirely.

Cockblocker is horrid and its the only one I would scrap instantly. The rest of the album follows the SP aesthetic and bad quality so nothing I expected more than that.

also the songs being 1:50/40 lenght?? Maam delete it from streaming while u can

I knew I was right about this thing :brigitte: 

Okay so most is utter trash, BUT surprisingly there are a few things I liked.

I like the beat in Banana Boat. Just the beat, because she sounds bored af (like in most of the mixtape).

Get Fucked is kinda hypnotic and the vocoder addition is interesting, it sounds much better than all SP1.

Head Head Honcho has a great production, and some nice melodies, but the lyrics are ridiculous at the verses.

Can We Fuck is also nice, I think it could potentially fit in Problématique much better than Treat Me Like a H0e so yeah.

PS - Whale C0ck isn't it lmao, I saw people hyping it so I was expecting something but :wtf2: 

The only tracks I could eventually play sometime are Get Fucked, Head Head Honcho (I'll try and find a way to replace those verses with someone else) and Can We Fuck. Everything else is laughably bad idc idc.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

she needs to let go of the bimbo genre or whatever the hell you call this type of music bc it's clearly not working for her :brigitte: the explicit vulgarity trope is so oversaturated in most medias that it does the complete opposite of its intention. the people disliking the album don't dislike it bc they're prudes or can't have fun, they dislike it because it's been done before. better. for a woman who prides herself on pushing the edge of pop music and being in control of her sound, her music sure is souless lmao. a shame because she has a lot of promise

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

with whale cock being on here it makes me think that maybe more of these than we realize are left overs from the first one...

i cant help but think these all feel like the b-sides to the first one besides maybe can we fuck and head head honcho idk

its sad bc i foolishly got my hopes up after that one little can we fuck snippet in the video preview and ofc it was not representative of anything and is the one outlier here 

3 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

this is such a bad take as well, like i love some mindless pop albums etc, but this is just lazy, cringy, repetitive and bad, cheap and low quality 

EXACTLY 

Well. Its out. It has the same problems as Slut Pop 1 honestly the tracks are just too short. Half of the "album" could have been combined into one song. Its just one verse repeated over and over on a generic beat most of the time. And that verse is barely a verse, moreso 3 words of generic sex/cuss words. Just completely void of creativity from the lyrics to production to subject. If your music is repetitive the part that repeats should be good.

4 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

im honestly sad cuz i felt like i discovered the new best future worldwide pop star when going to her tour a couple of years back, but the material she puts out is so bad recently 

This!! Me and my friend freaked out hearing a Kim song on the radio for the first time. It felt like we were at the beginning of watching an artist get the recognition they deserve. And now... we're at Slut Pop Miami.

I'll just keep listening to Icy / Slow It Down.

i loved Slut Pop 1 and this one is MILES worse??? i get it that 1st slutpop was repetitive but it was somehow still creative and miami is literally so lazy and way too long... there's like only 4 listenable songs out of 11

3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Remember when she made sexual songs with class and they sounded good and were even a proper length? Where did this girl go :crai:

i think that’s exactly the problem. 

she used to make music with the same message (dirty, sex, drugs, fun, romantic issues, emotional sometimes) but it was classy, actually sexy (instead of cheap etc) and just well done.

like Sweet Spot? Got My Number? Do Me? All The Time? 

I'm going to have a really risky opinion here. If you hate me, here's some ammo.

Here's to getting torched alive. :biblio:

Spoiler

For me, personally, I view the entire "XXX Bimbo Slut Cum Pussy Fuck Me" thing as a gimmick, it's fine, when it's done right it's fun, whatever, but it's a tad cheap and overdone.

When it comes to Kim specifically though - I desperately want a musician, that is accepted by the GP, who is successful, and is openly Trans. The representation is needed, the doors need to be pushed open more, etc.

However, I FEEL like the 'XXX Bimbo Slut Cum Pussy Fuck Me" angle is....not something that advances her career or her image, in part because it feels almost like an extension of a lot of negative stereotypes around trans and queer people being sex-obsessed perverts, only able to find work in/around sex work, etc. etc. We already have so many artists in this cheap slutty music space to start with, and it's like....their only successes to boot. Kim's an opportunity to be successful outside of that stereotypical pitfall.

I'm at odds here because I don't want to be someone to point the finger at 'respectability politics' and tell someone to uphold that when making art, and I don't want to tell someone they can't be just the dirtiest crudest little slut ever if it makes them happy.......but I also am looking at someone who keeps sitting there, bubbling with potential, and keeps going down roads that don't utilize it, both artistically and politically, and shit like Slut Pop just feels like basic stereotypical FL Studio HyperSlut music that sort of plays into an opinion that a certain portion of the public already has, which is that queer people are "sexual degenerates" and good for nothing else.

Not to mention - if this is the shit her label is green lighting or even pushing for, what does that say about THEIR views on what Kim is good for, sonically and content-wise, in terms of 'minimum viable product'? to push out to the public?

Does ANY of that sort of make sense? Or is this a shitty ass overthink 0/10 I should just yeet myself off a bridge cold-take? Like I'm not always the best at articulating a larger sentiment or emotion, but do I sound totally cracked here?

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I'm no prude and I loved Kim era 1, but this in your face sexual shit she's been releasing is so unpalatable. It reminds me of the Spencer's store @ the mall -- but make it music. It's funny for five minutes, but what else do you have? xxx is the only decent track from this puta vibe of hers.

idk, it's okay to be flirty and imply/allude to being a ho, but it's so off-putting when it's so direct.

No hate to Kim and more power to her if she's having a blast making this, but this is not for me.

there's nothing wrong with them being hypersexual and not every sexual song has to be filled with gentle metaphors hidden in a pop song, sex can be dirty, raw and vulgar and it's absolutely normal and it doesn't need to be delicate, mysterious and sensual 

with that being said i dont think doing "trashy" sex songs is the problem here but actual song structures and how repetitive and lazy they are

it's the lack of creativity