Sign in to follow this  
t-raider26

Lana and the Harvey Weinstein Controversy

but why would she speak up about something and warn others if nothing happened..

I meant I wish she never worked with him after their 2012 encounter. Because if something sexual really happened between them I'm sure it just confirms the hearsay that Weinsten sexually harass girls, no? The only difference is she was into it and did it willingly. I maybe judging wrong here but I feel like working with someone like him even after knowing what he does behind closed doors is almost like supporting him. I don't know.

There's a fucking the_donald thread about this shit djakfjsadf why do trump supporters care trump probably did the same shit 

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/762jm8/lana_del_reys_song_cola_is_about_harvey_weinstein/

anyway that might explain the brigading 

not gonna lie though, lana does sing about canoodling with hollywood higher ups a lot in her songs. Whether or not that's fantasy... [shrugs]

Hollywood is a scary place y'all

They care because Lana is a vocal Anti-Trump and this is a good time to bash her, and make her look like a hypocrite for being involved with Weinstein who is like Trump who sexually harassed women.

4BZPaCg.jpg

I meant I wish she never worked with him after their 2012 encounter. Because if something sexual really happened between them I'm sure it just confirms the hearsay that Weinsten sexually harass girls, no? The only difference is she was into it and did it willingly. I maybe judging wrong here but I feel like working with someone like him even after knowing what he does behind closed doors is almost like supporting him. I don't know.

They care because Lana is a vocal Anti-Trump and this is a good time to bash her, and make her look like a hypocrite for being involved with Weinstein who is like Trump who sexually harassed women.

Oh yes, I forgot about her hexing Trump  :rollin: well, try as they might, they'll never be able to "trump" Lana's galactic moon witch energy :illumilana:

Just because they were seen together doesn't mean he came onto her, Lindsay Lohan right now (who has done a bunch of movies with him) is defending him and saying he's never done anything to her. Although he clearly had some interest in her considering the work they've done together, that doesn't mean there was anything more than a creative friendly relationship, even if he was assaulting other women at the time.

This obviously doesn't make Lana look very good but interest in married/older men has been a present topic in Lana's music since the beginning, so I doubt that meeting Harvey gave her any of the ideas for Cola. We even know where the opening line came from.

This is getting blown out of proportion and is IMO very inappropriate, we should be giving Harvey's confirmed victims attention instead of all this which is yeah coincidental but not conclusive of anything 

I think Trump supporters are commenting on it because of Lana's affiliation with Harvey, then Harvey's affiliation with Trump. Also I don't know why this theory is being dismissed so easily as if Lana hasn't sang about men physically abusing her and doing cocaine/heroin w them. I find trump supporters are also big fans of intercircle pop/government conspiracies (like the whole Hollywood rape situation w/ Harvey) that have an anti-Trump agenda. E.g video below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xTlydbdS0Hc

This is very real.

Edit: also TMZ reported that close sources to Lana said the lyric is "ah he's" and not Harvey, even genius.com changed the lyrics. Bit strange considering Lana obviously sings it as Harvey during live shows no?

"Harvey's in the sky with diamonds"-Cola lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Just because they were seen together doesn't mean he came onto her, Lindsay Lohan right now (who has done a bunch of movies with him) is defending him and saying he's never done anything to her. Although he clearly had some interest in her considering the work they've done together, that doesn't mean there was anything more than a creative friendly relationship, even if he was assaulting other women at the time.

This obviously doesn't make Lana look very good but interest in married/older men has been a present topic in Lana's music since the beginning, so I doubt that meeting Harvey gave her any of the ideas for Cola. We even know where the opening line came from.

This is getting blown out of proportion and is IMO very inappropriate, we should be giving Harvey's confirmed victims attention instead of all this which is yeah coincidental but not conclusive of anything

First of all, Lindsay Lohan was a child star. Abuse at such an early age twists the mind in ways unimaginable. Even her parents didn't care for her and treated her as a cash cow. She could be saying those things right now because she's being sympathetic to her abuser. Also her statement doesnmt invalidate a bunch of other women who came forward and said Weinstein sexually harassed them.

How is it getting blown out of proportion? We're just discussing about the possible scenarios that happened between them. It's not like there's no link between Lana and Weinstein to consider it's possibility. And just because we're talking about this doesn't mean we're not bringing attention to the victims.

4BZPaCg.jpg

I wouldn't be suprised if she was OK with sleeping with him. Seriously. He didn't have to harass her, she might have simply agreed to everything.

All these women might have been feeling abused, but she didn't necessarily have to.

Yup, I was thinking the same

tumblr_o3k2s0IT4d1uvva9wo1_500.gif

Young & Beautiful did not  didn't get nominated. Many though it would win but it wasn't nominated due to one of the most fucked up reasons ever that most people did not believe (and the fifth entry who was nominated was tossed out)

Big Eyes did not get nominated though most thought it would

Honeymoon hit #2 instead of #1 as was expected until the weekend prior

Add all the coinky  dinkies together and not many other artists had this happen too

including how long it took to certify the #1 chart where from day one it was known she sold more records than anyone else for Lust for Life

Harvey belongs in jail, as does his doppleganger Donald Trump and so did PIMP Hugh Hefner too.

NOTE-TMZ is yet another Donald Trump fake news site as is one of the major Hollywood weeklies and the National Enquirer (meaning though he doesn't own it, his

"Friends" do, and the  articles are "slanted" towards him and against the other side.

but HEY  as Beyone sings - when dealt with a lemon, make lemonade-

GO TO THE STORE, PURCHASE BORN TO DIE and see she plainly does NOT sing the words Harvey

(and while in the store, purchase Honeymon, Lust for life and for kicks Ultraviolence too, where she did NOT FHWTTT and the song obviously is

not talking about her but a personal retort

and "Will you still love me when I am NOT young and beautiful" is a plea for people to take women seriously without basing it on looks.

Now, go to the store and purchase Born to Die (maybe it can actually get that #1 it was denied when it was released if enough people

are curious enough to see she plainly did not sing that assholes name, nor was it that in the official lyrics

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

tmz is being used by Steve Breitbart and former partner with Harvey W. as a go-to place to place pro-Trump stories

(and tmz is pro-Male anti-Female, anti-liberal)

TMZ's go to story is putting women or liberals down. (or people that stray)

One never knew that prior to 2016 election, then it was entertainment

Ask yourself, same as with FAKE-WIKI, why no one digs in and releases full transcripts of anything negative to trump the week after something hits

(not necessarily first day, but in the weeks after.) 

Ask not what they show ask what they don't show (same as the National Enquirer)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

not for nothing, his name is also Harvey

So that means all you supposed fans, don't be surprised if she does even less promo than ever and less of anything.

Look at what TMZ is not reporting on to see the true slant...

Ronan Farrow and his Newyorker magazine and the NY Times piece has been cited, yet, how much did TMZ focus on the abuse/rape/harassment/ on College Campus

which is Ronan's #1issue he has written extensively about. That Animal House Fraternity Male culture that is ongoing

all TMZ ever talked about was that Ronan's dad probably is Frank Sinatra

First of all, Lindsay Lohan was a child star. Abuse at such an early age twists the mind in ways unimaginable. Even her parents didn't care for her and treated her as a cash cow. She could be saying those things right now because she's being sympathetic to her abuser. Also her statement doesnmt invalidate a bunch of other women who came forward and said Weinstein sexually harassed them.

How is it getting blown out of proportion? We're just discussing about the possible scenarios that happened between them. It's not like there's no link between Lana and Weinstein to consider it's possibility. And just because we're talking about this doesn't mean we're not bringing attention to the victims.

When did I ever say Lindsay's statements invalidated anyone else's? lol.  :stareney2:  :pls:  I'm just trying to say that he may not have tried to abuse every woman he came in contact with.

I just think speculation to the point where there's news coverage of a rumor is ridiculous, in defense of Lana and of the victims who have actual stories to be paying attention to.

so many articles saying it isn't about harvey yet everyone is dragging her on twitter  :deadbanana:

That's what i mean

I'm not surprised Lana hasn't said anything about this lmao. I doubt she'd defend him but I also don't think she'd want to involve herself in this drama.  

However, with a song like Cola it makes her look a bit...messy. I mean based off live performances it's obviously harvey, but if she tweeted something out like she changed the lyrics based on what's happened recently and offer the victims her compassion, I think it'd make her look much better than her being silent. 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Everyone online is saying the lyric isn’t “Harvey’s in the sky” but it definitely is. Literally look at any live performance of Cola, she’s saying Harvey. Her album inserts are notoriously incorrect.

Everyone online is saying the lyric isn’t “Harvey’s in the sky” but it definitely is. Literally look at any live performance of Cola, she’s saying Harvey. Her album inserts are notoriously incorrect.

Right? Some people really need to find a doctor to suck the wax out of their ears.

Also after the speculations about the lyrics, lyrics sites suddenly changed the "Harvey" to "Ah he's", then "sources close to Lana" contacted TMZ that the lyrics isn't Harvey, for an exclusive to report on their site. They're acting weird.

When did I ever say Lindsay's statements invalidated anyone else's? lol.  :stareney2:  :pls:  I'm just trying to say that he may not have tried to abuse every woman he came in contact with.

I just think speculation to the point where there's news coverage off a rumor is ridiculous, in defense of Lana and of the victims who have actual stories to be paying attention to.

That's what i mean

Henny I repeatedly said I don't think Weinstein abused Lana. Whether you like it or not, people will talk about it. If not here, they will in other platforms because it's relevant and may be connected to Lana. If you think the speculation is inappropriate then ignore it don't feed into the discussion. But some people want to talk about it and what better place to talk about this than a Lana forum

4BZPaCg.jpg

Yes, I remember that! According to DigitalSpy, he was involved: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a383100/lana-del-rey-approached-by-producer-harvey-weinstein-for-film-career/

• "Lana Del Rey has allegedly been approached by Harvey Weinstein over a potential movie career. The 'Born to Die' singer was tapped by the Miramax co-founder to star in a film project that he believes would be "perfect" for her, reports The Sun. "Harvey thinks there's something about Lana. He knows all about her music but believes she's got what it takes to be a film star," a source said. (...) 'She's got the looks and a stage presence which he thinks will transfer well to the big screen.'"

I'm sure this phrasing wasn't deliberately meant to imply any assumptions the author made about what was going on here or anything...

Also puts the name TaP Management in a new light, doesn't it? :benmawson:

My take on this:

Lana's team sucks. (Not the first time I've said so.) The reply that the lyric is "ah he's" seems like someone hastily and lazily consulted the lyric book (notorious for its errors) without checking with Lana and thought they had a slam dunk rapid response. In reality, they've compounded the situation. I could believe that the lyric is "Javi's", or "hubby's", but never "ah he's". She just doesn't say that. Period. Live or on record. Offering alternative lyrics that aren't credible just fuels speculation that the lyric really is "Harvey's" and refers to Weinstein and they're just trying to cover it up. (In fairness to her team, the "ah he's" lyric error does have a paper trail going pretty far back. Along with the unreleased tracks that leaked, Rick Nowels also uploaded the released Paradise songs he worked on and their lyrics, including "Cola", in December 2012 and it says "ah he's".)

Weinstein's comments praising Lana fit his now openly known pattern of predatory behavior to a T. And gossip columnists were wise to it even at the time. You'd have to be naïve to think he didn't try this with Lana. The only question is, how was it received? I hate to say it, but frankly, in light of what we now know about Harvey, and given her past comments about sleeping with men in the industry, the lyrics to FMWUTTT, the recurring theme in her work of entanglements with older, moneyed men, and the botched alternate lyrics claim, the lyrics to "Cola" do read very differently now. I also hate to say it, @@SitarHero, but Weinstein probably gets an entry (no pun intended of course) in your precious Lanalysis thread whether you want him to or not.

On the other hand, in those papparazzi photos of Lana meeting with Harvey, notice who is with her. Not some random photographer, but her sister Chuck. It bodes well for her not being victimized, at least on that particular occasion. But I'm not sure what to make of the fact that Chuck was there at all. It perhaps suggests that she felt a need to have Chuck there, based on either direct past experience or hearing about him from others. (Maybe she listened to Courtney Love.)

Something else to think about: Remember that Oscar sabotage campaign against Y&B that almost seemed to be riffing off stuff I wrote on here about its provenance? Given Weinstein's history of aggressive Oscar campaigning and dirty tricks, it's not insane to think Weinstein might have been behind this as retaliation for her rebuffing his advances at some point and/or to eliminate competition for U2's "Ordinary Love" from the Weinstein distributed Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. (A good film I saw at TIFF btw. Of course the insufferable "Let It Go" from Frozen won. Also, I know someone deeply sourced in both the U2 and Lana worlds. I really should run this past them.) Or hell, perhaps as part of some kind of complex long term scheme to make her more desparate for another bite at the apple, culminating in her singing the title track for The Weinstein Company's film Big Eyes, which still failed to garner a nomination. All of which would still be consistent with her interview comments that she slept with guys in the industry, but it didn't help her "which is annoying".

I also kinda wonder if Jaime King, who was in the Miramax/Weinstein Company produced Sin City films had anything to do with Lana's meetup with Harvey, or if Harvey had anything to do with their falling out. Probably just coincidence though. Either way, this picture is gross:

TELEMMGLPICT000143161354_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Oh, and let's not leave out the Gaga stans:

Then with this topic i thought too at first the lyrics were "ah he was in the sky" but that's not convincing. Maybe the lyrics are about a harvey, boh. I'm probably wrong and you can @me for not minding my business but for the sake of (saving and) still enjoying Cola I'm going to pretend Harvey tried to hit on lana and she brushed him off and wrote this song in a tongue in cheek manner about what could have happened to her character. Because now I feel so tainted by what I'm reading about him, I can't imagine him not trying to pick her up (lana is so beautiful and talented) and I'm going to tell myself lana wasn't interested or that nothing bad personally happened to her

This seems like an exercise in wishful thinking.

Anyway someone tried to sabotage lana's Y&B, and if she were a Harvey's pupil/protegé I don't think that would have happened to her but I'm probably overestimating him

NOT being nominated for Gatsby and Big Eyes means she said NO

No, as I explained above, it really doesn't. Besides, Harvey was powerful, but not omnipotent. And as I also explained above, I think he could have been behind the sabotage campaign. It's classic Harvey.

I've thought that song was about Harvey Weinstein since a few months before Paradise came out, when I saw the articles and gossip. I actually thought of it when Big Eyes came out and there was the buzz of a nomination. I think Evil Entity made a post about it some years ago.

Tried looking for this and couldn't find what you're referring to. But let me know if you do.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.