Sign in to follow this  
t-raider26

Lana and the Harvey Weinstein Controversy

Oh boy, I read that Daily Mail article and it really doesn't seem like reaching now. Weinstein's obviously a creep but with the amount of times the two of them were spotted together I'd assume anything going on behind closed doors (ayyy) was consensual. Plus he's old and rich and she's...her...lmao so it's not too far fetched. I just hope this doesn't cause problems for her.

If Cola and FMWUTTT are really about him, then i think its obvious that something happened between them (I mean, in that UV interview she admitted that FMWUTTT is true), so then its most likely that it was consensual. I dont think shed write about it in that way if it was abuse or harrassment. 

If she really went there IRL, and really WANTED to, then I cant judge her. It's just a shame that Harvey has tried to (and succeeded) to force SO many others into this.... Shame on him and his disgusting abuse of power. But Lana? idgaf what she did. 

If Cola and FMWUTTT are really about him, then i think its obvious that something happened between them (I mean, in that UV interview she admitted that FMWUTTT is true), so then its most likely that it was consensual. I dont think shed write about it in that way if it was abuse or harrassment.

She did? I thought she neither admitted nor denied that it was true, that people thinks she did it before she became famous but it was nothing she really... admitted or denied.

Maybe I just remember it wrong? :O I just thought it was clever of her to not say anything because she kept the mysterious aura and "image" of a side-mistress...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

the main way of talking about this subject without being problematic is probably by saying nothing, but this is a forum not a court. If lana today were to reveal that there were some non consensual dealings going on and she felt intimidated and etc  (god i hope it didn't happen) then NO-ONE in the right mind on here would say that she's lying because of the little we actually know about her; no-one. we would believe her and support her. 

Other than that there were pictures and articles published dating back from 2012/2013/2014 about harvey and lana and people are just speculating. Just that, it doesn't mean people are victim blaming. But I gotta garee that the way it's often phrased it sounds like it but it's mostly conjecture not challenging an eventual coming out. Lana like any other celebrity could have been a victim, maybe she was maybe she wasn't. rn this story has been covered several times by national newspapers and mags online, even here... it's a shame that her name had to be attached with this monster at this moment. 

the main way of talking about this subject without being problematic is probably by saying nothing, but this is a forum not a court. If lana today were to reveal that there were some non consensual dealings going on and she felt intimidated and etc  (god i hope it didn't happen) then NO-ONE in the right mind on here would say that she's lying because of the little we actually know about her; no-one. we would believe her and support her. 

Other than that there were pictures and articles published dating back from 2012/2013/2014 about harvey and lana and people are just speculating. Just that, it doesn't mean people are victim blaming. But I gotta garee that the way it's often phrased it sounds like it but it's mostly conjecture not challenging an eventual coming out. Lana like any other celebrity could have been a victim, maybe she was maybe she wasn't. rn this story has been covered several times by national newspapers and mags online, even here... it's a shame that her name had to be attached with this monster at this moment. 

Thank you and i totally agree with you; also, we always should remember that, well, even though he is a harasser and a creep - harvey the hutt - but even the worst creep ever can't be a harasser all the fucking time; maybe he was nicer with her, and I'm not saying he is a good person for that, I'm just saying that he may didn't do any harm on her, or tried to date her, idk. Maybe Lana is annoyed that she considered him a good person for a while and then this came out.  Or she didn't gave two shits on him, they just talked money. Like you said, it's just speculation.

Thank you, again.

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

She did? I thought she neither admitted nor denied that it was true, that people thinks she did it before she became famous but it was nothing she really... admitted or denied.

Maybe I just remember it wrong? :O I just thought it was clever of her to not say anything because she kept the mysterious aura and "image" of a side-mistress...

I agree, it's better that she always keeps her dignity but doesn't ever lie about anything either. I wish I could be like that. I don't recall when people we're saying it happened though,

i always thought cola  was about two people who were in love so thats why i don't think its about harvey weinstein but she is quite beautiful so im sure his obese sweaty ass has tried to get close to her 

Lana acknowledged the Weinstein reference in ‘Cola’ with an interview with MTV released today. She says she wanted a Weinstein-like figure that preyed on starlets in the song. She “thought it was funny then, but sad now.” She confirmed she will be “retiring” this song.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Lana acknowledged the Weinstein reference in ‘Cola’ with an interview with MTV released today. She says she wanted a Weinstein-like figure that preyed on starlets in the song. She “thought it was funny then, but sad now.” She confirmed she will be “retiring” this song.

Do you have a link to the interview?

How was it ever funny? Shade to Lana if she really said this.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

i feel like the interviewer was nudging Lana to get to that point of saying she will retire the song. I don't disagree with that decision, but it felt like a swayed response.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

She didn't fucking work with him, he was hired for a magazine cover. You guys have to be kidding me if you actually think lana got to pick which photographers etc she wants to work with for trivial magazine covers as a newcomer.

woah dude calm down, no need to swear at me. I was just genuinely curious if she worked with him and wanted to find out, so asked what she worked with him on to find out. 

Didn't say she got to pick the photographers either, literally just asked if she worked with him...  :toofunny:

LDR took pains to mention Harry Winston, a famous diamond merchant, in the MTV interview (i.e. like a Harvey but also like a Harry). Harry Winston's name is used in a famous song, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" from Gentleman Prefer Blondes, which Marilyn Monroe sang in the film. That song, like Cola, is a complicated song. 

DIAMONDS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND (from genius lyrics)

The French are glad to die for love

They delight in fighting duels

But I prefer a man who lives

And gives expensive jewels

A kiss on the hand

May be quite continental

But diamonds are a girl's best friend

A kiss may be grand

But it won't pay the rental

On your humble flat

Or help you at the automat

Men grow cold

As girls grow old

And we all lose our charms in the end

But square-cut or pear-shaped

These rocks don't loose their shape

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Tiffany's!

Cartier!

Black, Starr, Frost Gorham!

Talk to me Harry Winston

Tell me all about it!

There may come a time

When a lass needs a lawyer

There may come a time

When a hard-boiled employer

Thinks you're awful nice

But get that ice or else no dice

He's your guy

When stocks are high

But beware when they start to descend

It's then that those louses

Go back to their spouses

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

I've heard of affairs

That are strictly platonic

And I think affairs

That you must keep liaisonic

Are better bets

If little pets get big baguettes

Time rolls on

And youth is gone

And you can't straighten up when you bend

But stiff back

Or stiff knees

You stand straight at Tiffany's

Diamonds! Diamonds!

I don't mean rhinestones!

Lana acknowledged the Weinstein reference in ‘Cola’... She “thought it was funny then, but sad now.”

How was it ever funny? Shade to Lana if she really said this.

"don't try to be funny; other people may not understand"

also it's not funny

tumblr_oq5qbhvXRQ1v790vno1_540.png

Lana is refering to the line "tastes like Pepsi-Colo" and that is consistent from day one, remember she said her dad thought it was cute/funny and her mom did not like it.

and it specifically says "it is like someone like Harvey OR Harry, tossing DIamonds around.

BTW- wonder if this means Born/Paradise is now going to not be available, that could be why the drop in the charts...it is also possible there will be a revised edition that will not include it (which could lead to

renewed sales as it is different.)

as for FMWTTT was satorical and a direct reply to Lorde after what Lorde said. That song was never meant to be taken seriously (and was one of two songs that she opened the curtain so to say, and was speaking

direct not in character.)

Remember too- Lana always was like the girls in film noirs/classic Hollywood, or the "other woman" whose viewpoints one never knew, because the focus on every single film noir was on the guy and the mistreated girl was secondary.

(or in the case of Mad Men the tv series, how Elizabeth Moss actually was the one who achieved everything without credit, while Draper cheated on his wife and drank and smoked and abused all the women he slept with

(which is why women so applauded Moss winning the Emmy she was denied all those years, this year.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp