Sign in to follow this  
t-raider26

Lana and the Harvey Weinstein Controversy

It's on the Daily Mail Snapchat. Mess

ggbzs.png

I love that shot of Lana. I love here hair but that moment that's captured she looks like she would be on the front of an ancient Greek ship like a Goddess or something.

I don't know why some people are shocked that she potentially wrote a song about sleeping with an older man. I mean, hello, it's Lana. The song doesn't even mean it necessarily happened. A lot of her songs around that era were based on fantasy and hedonism. Maybe she did say Harvey (it sounds like it)... but that doesn't mean she condones what he did. I'm pretty sure she probably had no idea what he did.

(this isn't directed towards anyone here btw. i just think the media is overreacting to Cola when there's other things pertaining to this situation that are more relevant.)

Deezer still have "Harvey" in the lyrics, and Deezer don't put random user lyrics but official ones.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I love that shot of Lana. I love here hair but that moment that's captured she looks like she would be on the front of an ancient Greek ship like a Goddess or something.

This is from the movie Jason and the Argonauts. (Great movie)

https://twitter.com/Bob_Turn/status/921372089965260801

Academy Award Winning Actress Lupita Nyong'o -on the Monster Harvey-

this is well worth reading the entire piece about the POS fallen god/Monster Harvey Weinstein -

especially those who actually care about all the women and those whoever have been abused/battered/harassed/raped/attacked/victimized

Brilliant writing by Ms. Nyong'o and also why until now she remained silent

https://www.newyorktimes.com/2017/10/19/opinion/lupita-nyongo-harvey-weinstein.html

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i just wanna say that's it's unhelpful and quite dangerous to imply that Lana's past history & her self-professed penchant for older men makes it plausible or probable that she'd willingly submit to Weinstein's advances. it's one step short of victim blaming & gross speculation about a situation that we simply don't know whether was consensual or abusive, or if it even happened at all.

i've seen quite a few people in this thread write several variations of what essentially amounts to "Lana isn't the type to be abused", which is a naïve and sadly very incorrect take on how & why abuse happens. it's also pretty insensitive to speculate on consensuality based on her apparent friendly demeanor towards Weinstein, or the fact that some of her loved ones (namely her sister) seemed to have a cordial relationship with him at one point - taking a look at some of his proven victims' relationship with him over the years, all the smiling photos at industry events, etc. would suffice to prove my point.

lastly - maybe nothing happened, maybe it happened and was consensual, or maybe it wasn't. we'll probably never know for sure, or not for a very long time, and song lyrics definitely aren't the way to prove anything, especially not in someone as prone to fantasy & half-truths as Lana. i just want to add that trying to own/appropriate abusive events in order to try to regain some sort of control over the situation is a frequent victim response, so even if Cola and FMWUTTT are indeed celebrating something that happened with "Harvey", it doesn't necessarily mean her agency in the real life situations played out exactly like it does in the songs.

It's on the Daily Mail Snapchat. Mess

ggbzs.png

It's interesting because I had no idea who Harvey Weinstein was before but always thought he seemed very creepy in that top picture (but stopped myself thinking I was being judgemental).

Also, the most important news source in my country reported about Lana and this whole thing so I imagine this is known worldwide now.

It's interesting because I had no idea who Harvey Weinstein was before but always thought he seemed very creepy in that top picture (but stopped myself thinking I was being judgemental).

Also, the most important news source in my country reported about Lana and this whole thing so I imagine this is known worldwide now.

I wouldn't say Lana & Harvey is known WW. Lana is a very small part of the whole Harvey scandal, which is known worldwide

Lana recently liked this article on twitter which mentions Harvey, but he's not the main point: http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/roman-polanski-accused-of-molesting-10-year-old-girl.html?utm_campaign=vulture&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

Just thought I should mention it.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

What did she work with him on?

She didn't fucking work with him, he was hired for a magazine cover. You guys have to be kidding me if you actually think lana got to pick which photographers etc she wants to work with for trivial magazine covers as a newcomer.

It's such bullshit that some of you are assuming Lana/Harvey relations are true. We don't know if it is, and we certainly won't find out through Lana's niche for ambiguous lyricism. We shouldn't pretend to be detectives using unreliable and circumstantial evidence to find out the intricacies of their relationship and whether or not it was abusive. Hopefully Lana will clear it up soon, but in the meantime let's not assume it's true? It's one thing to discuss this controversy but it's another to claim something as true when it has not proven to be. There are so many victims in this mess and it's all so horrible, so let's not count Lana in just yet?

Congrats on being the most reflected post in this Thread so far. Let's not forget that we can always read stuff into things if we want to. It's funny that most people who believe this were the ones who said summer bummer and the lfl tracklist were fake but some people just love to be wrong I guess.

i76mrxw.png 

There has been talk of an underground minor sex ring in the Republican party (the party of Dennis Hastert, the so called "religious Republicans and the Catholic Church

and just today, 93 year old President George Herbert Walker Bush,(the senior Bush) Republican President #43 has been accused of groping,touching just 4 years ago from his wheel chair,

which he didn't deny and his press said it was a joke (so if It was a joke, that means it happened).

And it appears state by state in Congress, the few (at the time) women who held office, have been told to put out or their legislation won't get looked at, and to shut up

and not tell anyone (and in Congress, the one looking into it is the Congress itself, which of course leads to a sham investigation, same as cops never being charged or walking away after killing and shooting.)

This is far more vast than just the acting world/singing world

Where men are the main power, (doctors, astronauts historically, pilots) among so many others.

A change is coming.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

There has been talk of an underground minor sex ring in the Republican party (the party of Dennis Hastert, the so called "religious Republicans and the Catholic Church

and just today, 93 year old President George Herbert Walker Bush,(the senior Bush) Republican President #43 has been accused of groping,touching just 4 years ago from his wheel chair,

which he didn't deny and his press said it was a joke (so if It was a joke, that means it happened).

And it appears state by state in Congress, the few (at the time) women who held office, have been told to put out or their legislation won't get looked at, and to shut up

and not tell anyone (and in Congress, the one looking into it is the Congress itself, which of course leads to a sham investigation, same as cops never being charged or walking away after killing and shooting.)

This is far more vast than just the acting world/singing world

Where men are the main power, (doctors, astronauts historically, pilots) among so many others.

A change is coming.

As a woman, I want to believe this (whatever "this" is - #MeToo? Sexual harassment brought up in media? ) but I know very well that this is not going to change a lot. Maybe it will change a tiny bit in the western world, but I doubt it. There will always be bastards out there, thinking they can do whatever they want to whoever they want. Just look at the effing US president. The way he acts and says clearly demonstrates to the public that it's "ok" to grab women "by the pussy".

Disgusting. And just thinking how millions(?) of girls and women are treated around the world is even more disgusting.

And honestly, I don't think I'll ever stop looking behind me, even if it's broad daylight and I'm alone on the street. And I'll probably never stop thinking that the guy a few meters behind me on the street might be a groper or a rapist. Even though I know he probably isn't and I shouldn't think like that. And I try to not walk faster because of him.

That's just how the world is, at least to me. I know something could happen and I don't want it to happen to me, or anyone else.

Sorry for going off topic.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She didn't fucking work with him, he was hired for a magazine cover. You guys have to be kidding me if you actually think lana got to pick which photographers etc she wants to work with for trivial magazine covers as a newcomer.

Congrats on being the most reflected post in this Thread so far. Let's not forget that we can always read stuff into things if we want to. It's funny that most people who believe this were the ones who said summer bummer and the lfl tracklist were fake but some people just love to be wrong I guess.

what the f

~~

Lana is probably thinking something like "why didn't i shoot his fat ass when i had a chance? fuck"

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u