Sign in to follow this  
t-raider26

Lana and the Harvey Weinstein Controversy

Something else to think about: Remember that Oscar sabotage campaign against Y&B that almost seemed to be riffing off stuff I wrote on here about its provenance? Given Weinstein's history of aggressive Oscar campaigning and dirty tricks, it's not insane to think Weinstein might have been behind this as retaliation for her rebuffing his advances at some point and/or to eliminate competition for U2's "Ordinary Love" from the Weinstein distributed Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. (A good film I saw at TIFF btw. Of course the insufferable "Let It Go" from Frozen won. Also, I know someone deeply sourced in both the U2 and Lana worlds. I really should run this past them.) Or hell, perhaps as part of some kind of complex long term scheme to make her more desparate for another bite at the apple, culminating in her singing the title track for The Weinstein Company's film Big Eyes, which still failed to garner a nomination. All of which would still be consistent with her interview comments that she slept with guys in the industry, but it didn't help her "which is annoying".

I also kinda wonder if Jaime King, who was in the Miramax/Weinstein Company produced Sin City films had anything to do with Lana's meetup with Harvey, or if Harvey had anything to do with their falling out. Probably just coincidence though. 

This seems like an exercise in wishful thinking.

No, as I explained above, it really doesn't. Besides, Harvey was powerful, but not omnipotent. And as I also explained above, I think he could have been behind the sabotage campaign. It's classic Harvey.

Tried looking for this and couldn't find what you're referring to. But let me know if you do.

Primo, I said it was exactly that already, under the spoiler, it's very wishful thinking and it's solely and selfishly for myself so i can still enjoy Cola while I can.

Secundo, I also brought up the Y&B oscar sabotage somewhere up here because at first I thought Weinstein was behind it but I thought I couldn't just say stuff like that, accusing someone to sabotage a singer's eventual win because she wouldn't give him some, eve if this is just a discussion forum. Why is it classic Harvey though? Genuinely, bc I don't know this guy. I definitely think that if she got sabotaged at the oscars it means she wasn't under W's radar anymore, that she already severed her ties with him no matter if he's behind it or not. At least she'd be sabotaged for a good reason.   

According to this article posted by Page Six, they got in contact with "an entertainment-industry source" who said that Weinstein came onto Lana, but she rejected since she was with Barrie, and Weinstein was mad about the Cola lyric so she wrote it as "ah he's" in the lyric book.

Could very well be bs tho. There's really no way to find out the truth. https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/lana-del-reys-song-about-older-men-is-about-harvey-weinstein/

According to this article posted by Page Six, they got in contact with "an entertainment-industry source" who said that Weinstein came onto Lana, but she rejected since she was with Barrie, and Weinstein was mad about the Cola lyric so she wrote it as "ah he's" in the lyric book.

Could very well be bs tho. There's really no way to find out the truth. https://pagesix.com/2017/10/17/lana-del-reys-song-about-older-men-is-about-harvey-weinstein/

Is page six known for being false in their reports? Otherwise, I feel like this is very possible lol

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

It's a love story for the new age

For the six page, we're on a quick, sick rampage

Winin' and dinin', drinkin' and drivin', excessive buyin'

Overdose and dyin' on our drugs and our love and our dreams and our rage

Blurrin' the lines between real and the fake

God can only, I need somebody to hold me

He will do very well, I can tell, I can tell

Keep me safe in his bell, tower, hotel

:runs:

Seems plausible to me.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Wasn't there speculation about this in the Lanalysis thread since 2012? Obviously we didn't know these allegations yet but I know someone was claiming the Harvey was a real person.

I really hope the media isn't gonna try to paint her as the villain for this song. But I also hope they don't speculate on whether she was a victim. We know she's sensitive about what they say about her. We don't know what happened (if anything happened) and probably never will, and maybe it's for the best. I hope she doesn't feel forced to comment on this.

This is honestly one of the worst potential Lanalysis discoveries because the implications are potentially horrendous. Ugh.

Also, it very clearly says "Harvey." There's a 'v' sound that cannot be explained at all by "ah he's". Her lyrics books are notoriously bad, and since when is Genius a credible source on lyrics? I've seen plenty of incorrect lyrics on there because afaik they're fan submitted.

Wasn't there speculation about this in the Lanalysis thread since 2012? Obviously we didn't know these allegations yet but I know someone was claiming the Harvey was a real person.

Oh, definitely. There were a bunch of people on here who thought basically since its release that if it referred to any Harvey in particular it was probably Harvey Weinstein. In fact, I'd say that was the consensus opinion. Most of the debate was about whether she really was saying "Harvey".

I really hope the media isn't gonna try to paint her as the villain for this song. But I also hope they don't speculate on whether she was a victim. We know she's sensitive about what they say about her. We don't know what happened (if anything happened) and probably never will, and maybe it's for the best. I hope she doesn't feel forced to comment on this.

Sorry, but if you reference a famous person by name in a song, it's more than fair game for the press to ask you about it.

Also, it very clearly says "Harvey." There's a 'v' sound that cannot be explained at all by "ah he's". Her lyrics books are notoriously bad, and since when is Genius a credible source on lyrics? I've seen plenty of incorrect lyrics on there because afaik they're fan submitted.

anyone here can create an account on genius and change her lyrics to "harvey weinstein is a piece of shit"

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Winin' and dinin', drinkin' and drivin', excessive buyin'

Overdose and dyin' on our drugs and our love and our dreams and our rage

Blurrin' the lines between real and the fake

God can only, I need somebody to hold me

He will do very well, I can tell, I can tell

Keep me safe in his bell, tower, hotel

:runs:

six-page is just a gossip magazine, doesn't necessarily connect to this incident 

six-page is just a gossip magazine, doesn't necessarily connect to this incident 

oh no ik, im just making a connection to her directly referencing 6P as in the song she wants to be notorious and headlining gossip

n here we are :creep:

omg even Fox News and The New York Post posted articles about this theory :air2:

it's clearly a fan theory and TMZ (the most reliable source for this sort of stuff) confirmed the song has nothing to do with Harvey

giphy.gif

The lyric "I know your wife and that she wouldn't mind" would really make sense but I don't think this is the case.

I dont believe she would hang out with him and be all smiles if he had actually harassed her.... maybe they did have some type of relationship but who knows

But really, if he had harassed her in 2012 i doubt she would be that happy seeing him again 2 years later

how do you know she was happy? as a survivor of sexual assault and had to live with my abuser for years, it's called "putting on a face"; which seems to be what many actresses did for YEARS.

I remember there was big talk about Lana landing a big acting role in 2012, around the Cannes Festival if i'm not mistaken. Maybe Harvey was involved in that as well

i mean, why would she attend his parties every year if she hated him, right ?

she has a job to do.

I just read through a lot of those poor actresses, writers and ex-secretaires stories about what happened and I just wanna PUKE! What the f, he thought he could do whatever he wanted because he had power of so much of Hollywood. Glad that some of them got awat safely though and that things didn't go too far. Ew. Just ew.

I deeply hope that Lana didn't experience any of those things.

i hope she didn't either. ugh!!!

Exactly. She loves disgusting men. Elvis, Lennon, even kinda Manson, she openly admires men that openly treated women like shit. Next she'll talk about how much she loves Roma Polanski and Woody Allen. Maybe even Fritzl. It doesn't surprise me is what I'm saying :creep: She even boasted about sleeping with a lot of guys in the industry (even though she doesn't think it helped her). I'm not worried she was a victim.

for the musicians...i think she just likes their music.......as for Manson...you realize she's a writer right?

I brought this up earlier in the week in the questions you'd ask Lana thread and I've been thinking about it since. I thought it was quite odd back in 2012 when they dined together. She is without a doubt involved with him and other people in high places; the signs, stories, and proof are all there. She doesn't make it a secret that she ... you know ... fucked her way to the top. Never did I think she was kidding about it. A LOT of people do it, sadly. While none of us know what truly went on, if she did have sexual relations with him, I don't picture her taking something that wasn't consensual and letting it go but who knows. He's still a pig.

Lana's had a dark life. Hope if she did do anything, it was with consent and full intent. 

i think we have to remember that Fuck My Way Up to the Top is sung with ALOT of sass if you listen to it. She sounds kind of pissed off. so even if it was consensual, doesn't mean she had to have liked it.

also, i thought that line in Cola was a reference to a Beatles song? Maybe they just did drugs together. Maybe she did try to fuck her way up to the top. we won't know unless she tells us, and frankly and unfortunately, it's not our business whether she had sex with him willingly or unwillingly. If she is a survivor of this (we should really stop calling them victims, they're fucking survivors and bad ass bitches for coming forward, okay?) and she decides to speak out, than I will praise her for it.

in the mean time, I'll still enjoy both songs since they could 100% not be about this fucker. Harvey in Cola could be made up, and she probably has fucked tons of people in general anyway. (didn't she date a producer or something like that?)

~INSTA1.gif

it's clearly a fan theory and TMZ (the most reliable source for this sort of stuff) confirmed the song has nothing to do with Harvey

The TMZ story repeats what "sources close to Del Rey tell us", and notes what the liner notes say, but it's evident from the tone they're not completely buying it. It's skeptical throughout.

This may come as a shock to you, but sometimes people lie. Sometimes celebrity handlers lie. And Lana and her team have a track record of it. Lana's camp might as well have said "Who are you going to believe? Me or your lying ears?"

Whether or not it's about Harvey Weinstein, or if she even says "Harvey", she clearly does not say "ah he's". Anyone who listens to it, whether on record or live, and thinks so, needs their ears cleaned out, is willfully ignorant, and/or extremely susceptible to persuasion. You really have to ask yourself why then is she claiming the lyrics are something they are clearly not? The narrative in the Page Six story would explain that.

This is more than just "a fan theory". However much you might wish it to just be that.

It seems real to me,
He plans (planned) to "grab" women as he can grab a Cola. He don't care, and do it often.

"My ** tastes like Pepsi Cola" : It's pretty obvious to me that this guy consider pu**ies as random consumption objects.

+ "in the sky with diamonds" is an image of the power to me. And the fact devil Harvey Weinstein censored his name looks like a proof.

I know she told Cola punchline is "a joke", but I'm sure she told that to not explain, in the omerta situation we all know about now.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Okay so here's my theory: (it sounds a little fanfic and silly but hey you NEVER know, and we probably never will)

Maybe Lana met Weinstein way back when, maybe that's who funded a lot of her stuff, maybe got her some exposure? (I also don't like to feed into the narrative that Lana "bought" her fame BUT....) maybe he really did push her into the mix a bit. Hell, maybe he even landed her that SNL gig. 

It is possible to me that for some time they could have had a relationship (in this theory I would say totally consensual) and he funded her in some ways. i.e. hotels, studio time with big names, etc. (again, theory, I know some of it conflicts with how she met Rick Knowles and stuff but idk anything is possible)

I do have to agree with @evilentity ...If you think about it, there's really no denying the lyrics of Cola, and are maybe an allude to Weinstein. I feel like there isn't any real denying something went on. Given the reports we have of him asking to have his name changed etc. and given her nature and songwriting- she kind of told on herself but not exactly because it was this secret about him so who would REALLY put two and two together about the lyrics and Weinstein? (Except us Lanalysis freaks ;)

I know that the pussy taste like pepsi cola line has always been kind of funny and Lana herself has said it was kind of a joke between she and Barrie, how he used to say him and his friends always were saying American girls' pussies take like cola. Speaking of Barrie, who's to say maybe she didn't keep Harvey around for the time being for gifts/exposure/insider stuff? I feel almost like something happened between them and possibly that's why her songs didn't win, knowing his history of messing with the votes or whatever. 

Also if you listen to Hit & Run lyrics, idk it sounds almost like she's painting a character of Harvey.....?  :oopna:

Just my little opinion/theory.

Piss off if you're going to be dramatic about just putting an idea together.  :byeh8rs2: