Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Followup Interview with MTV - 'Cherry' as possible next Music Video

Y'all are really so negative! I can't believe you don't support Chuck directing the video. I personally don't like a lot of Chuck's photography, but all the videos I've seen her direct are amazing. Plus, it would feel more personal and energetic if Lana had artistic freedom to do whatever she wanted with the video. I think you guys are thinking it's gonna be recorded on her laptop (which wouldn't be a problem for me) or a Honeymoon 2.0 (which wouldn't be bad either) where it doesn't have any progress. I'd like to see this video happen. I think her budget is low though because I don't see why she wouldn't just ask Rich to direct the video, he seems to like her artistic vision. 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

It would be nice if she did homemade videos for more than one song, not only Cherry, like also a video for Get Free and 13 Bibles.

But since it's Lana, we're only getting one so I'd rather have a Cherry video than a GF or 13B video tbh. Cherry deserved to be a promotional single and it was robbed by Coachella so why not give it at least a homemade video? She did an accurate song choice this time. Coachella and White Mustang can't relate.

giphy.gif

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

if there was no home-made video this era it'd really bother me lmao, so I'm glad there's a possibility of us getting one. i really love her home-made videos and i'm glad a song like cherry is getting one. although, i wonder if it will be more like her btd/lizzie grant ones where she uses clips from movies and online or uv/hm, i'm guessing the latter though. overall, i hope chuck and lana are able to bring out the sexiness of the song.

sad to hear about change!

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

i know the fanbase as a whole can't be consistent in their opinions but lmao i prefer a homemade video taylor-made for a song rather than scrapped footage, so far the choice in singles released wasn't the best. I'm really glad after being turned down she decided to take things in her own hands  :flutter:

tbh this album would've been perfect for something like tropico 2.0, lana could deliver the wig snatching visuals we deserve but i'll accept the fact that she doesn't because of the tour and stuff and at least cherry gets an amazing video (reading homemade made me go kinda 'uhh' but when i heard her say it i knew she wouldn't fuck this up and make it iconic)  :creep:  

but just imagine something like cherry, 13 beaches into in my feelings, heroin, change and then into get free..  :flutter:  :deadbanana:

Wait wait wait, didn’t like ALL of you hope for a homemade video one day and now you’re criticizing the idea?? :crossed:

I’m optimistic even though I’d rather have a “professionally” filmed MV for Cherry. Chuck’s commercial for Gucci looked great (even though they probably had a bigger budget than what Lana has now) and maybe she’d make Lana feel more comfortable or so. I think it’ll turn out ok, it can’t really get any worse than White Mustang (the video was pretty but... I still feel like it was for the wrong song). :)

If I could decide, I’d go with homemade video for Heroin (to make it feel more chaotic?) and professional video for Cherry. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Wait wait wait, didn’t like ALL of you hope for a homemade video one day and now you’re criticizing the idea?? :crossed:

I’m optimistic even though I’d rather have a “professionally” filmed MV for Cherry. Chuck’s commercial for Gucci looked great (even though they probably had a bigger budget than what Lana has now) and maybe she’ make Lana feel more comfortable or so. I think it’ll turn out ok, it can’t really get any worse than White Mustang (the video was pretty but... I still feel like it was for the wrong song). :)

If I could decide, I’d go with homemade video for Heroin (to make it feel more chaotic?) and professional video for Cherry. :)

I think a homemade video would be nice for almost all of the second half of the album (maybe some on our way vibes   :brows:  :brows: ) . I hope the cherry video has the back up dancers, and a vintage girl group feel to it.

I think a homemade video would be nice for almost all of the second half of the album (maybe some on our way vibes   :brows:  :brows: ) . I hope the cherry video has the back up dancers, and a vintage girl group feel to it.

Hm, nah I can’t visualize GBA, BPBP, TNC or World At War getting homemade videos. :crossed: And I’d be confused why she would go for a vintage look for Cherry when the lyric is very modern. Although she’d look great in it, I agree.

But that’s just me.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

That homemade video will be better than WM & LFL Videos and that's the tea.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Glad to hear Chuck is involved. It is guaranteed to be 100% cool.  as is everything else Chuck shoots.

Would still love a full length Christmas duet between the two to hear every year at Christmas time

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Wait...is it cool to hate on chuck or something? I see it a lot on this forum but i just thought it was all jokes.

Anyway...

I don’t see any issue with Lana wanting to work with her sister. She’s worked with her sister way before anyone on here could give an opinion on whether they agreed with it or not. Let her do the damn thing.

I love both the ideas she said. I don't give a fuck if people don't wanna see more nuclear and war stuff, I think the change idea would be an amazingly intense video that would make people think.

Yeah, when she presented it like that in the video, I actually want to see that video now! I think it'd be cool and something different compared to ordinary pop videos.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png