Your Girl Lana

Pawn Shop Blues

This song was written on Friday - June 16, 2006.

The original line was 

"I pawned the earrings that you gave me. Gold & silver flowers hanging."

(so it's safe to say the official new line is "metal flowers" rather than "made of flowers" since that's been up for debate.)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just wanted to stop by and pay my respects to this absolute gem that sis pays dust :')

To this day one of her best imo

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

In the name of higher consciousness
I let the best man I knew go
'Cause it's nice to love and be loved
But it's better to know all you can know

This part makes me wonder if she's talking about that Aaron Green guy she mentioned in Fingertips - it could be a stretch but I'm just thinking. Like, "it's better to know all you can know" makes me think of education and how she was sent away to a school, and the rest she had to let go of her life back at Lake Placid with the guy she liked

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 1/22/2024 at 8:52 AM, American Whore said:

In the name of higher consciousness
I let the best man I knew go
'Cause it's nice to love and be loved
But it's better to know all you can know

This part makes me wonder if she's talking about that Aaron Green guy she mentioned in Fingertips - it could be a stretch but I'm just thinking. Like, "it's better to know all you can know" makes me think of education and how she was sent away to a school, and the rest she had to let go of her life back at Lake Placid with the guy she liked

If i wasn’t mistaken- this was this famous rockstar she met on a self-help group/just someone who she couldn’t be together with because of his ways that would prevent lana from being a better person (herself)…