Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Let's hope this album is happy enough so songs make the final cut (im looking at you yosemite)

Also did you see how she reacted to the lyrics of Gods and Monsters... shes progressed a lot im so happy for her

What?...How did she react?

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

speaking about whining - have you guys heard abt the blog culled culture?

idk if the author is a fan or not, but they're certainly v interested in Lana and some of the pieces are... a choice. from "LDR's method increasingly channels Madonna's" (in which they p much accuse her of ripping off other people), to "LDR aging and the deterioration of cuteness when it comes to expressing suicidal desires" (basically stating that she dropped her usual melancholia in favor of a happier, more political record bc she's aging, so it's no longer cute for her to be moody and be fascinated with death), or my personal fave, "The LDR/Weinstein revelation accents a larger truth about the singer", with gems such as:

edit: some of the pieces are actually interesting and thoughtful btw. but the weinstein one in particular really rubbed me the wrong way, ngl.

pretentious . she takes everything at face value

im not a hater...so i cant relate!

Anyone have a video??

I just spent an hour looking for it lmao I saw on insta I’m pretty sure can’t remember if it was in Melbourne or Sydney. I’m a flop

EDIT: I know it was in Sydney

I just spent an hour looking for it lmao I saw on insta I’m pretty sure can’t remember if it was in Melbourne or Sydney. I’m a flop

EDIT: I know it was in Sydney

Lol thanks. I found it on Twitter

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

^ no offence but it's hard to take her seriously when she's so concerned about her reputation & the 'effect' her music has on the generation. She could have performed the song with passion & shown some professionalism but she had to show how 'woke' she is.

God's & Monsters is a perfect piece of art & I know we won't be getting such explicit & iconic songs after Lust For Life - cause she's making 'music for the kids now'.

^ no offence but it's hard to take her seriously when she's so concerned about her reputation & the 'effect' her music has on the generation. She could have performed the song as a professional but she had to show how 'woke' she is.

I don’t think she was trying to be woke at all!

If anything, it’s a testament at how lost and insecure she was when she wrote those lyrics that she doesn’t agree with them anymore. She really was in such a dark place and writing so freely.

^ no offence but it's hard to take her seriously when she's so concerned about her reputation & the 'effect' her music has on the generation. She could have performed the song with passion & shown some professionalism but she had to show how 'woke' she is.

God's & Monsters is a perfect piece of art & I know we won't be getting such explicit & iconic songs after Lust For Life - cause she's making 'music for the kids now'.

I partly agree with this, it's sad to see her turn her back on her art like this. I wish she wouldn't do it, but at the same time people do change and regret some of the things they've said and done in the past

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Tbh I don't like it. Just sing the song as it is. Like yeah it's good she has a different perspective than when she did when she wrote G&M but ugggh

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The only bad thing about her change from Paradise to Lust for Life is that I'll never hear Boarding School live except via that one recording.

giphy.gif

@@99centlips I get your point.. but in my opinion, art is not about what's right or wrong - it is supposed to make people feel something or elicit an emotional response - so if she doesn't relate to the topic of that song anymore, she shouldn't sing it in the first place. I just found it very silly & immature how she has to do that in the middle of the performance.

She has started censoring her songs - we all know that - she said it in an interview a few months ago. I just feel she's very conscious about the influence of her music on her younger fanbase now & it might effect her artistic process in LDR6.

If Lana was trying to be woke as much as folks act like she is, she wouldn't have released the masterpiece that is Heroin.

giphy.gif