Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Didn't know, source?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-cherry-video-ideas-direct-self-sister-chuck-2165672

"My sister is a visual artist, so we were thinking that we should just go back to the old days and do our like hand-held stuff in a hotel or something.

Well... she's a woman who keeps her word I'll give her that  :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Not really understanding the insane hype for Happiness is a butterfly from casual fans...

The song sucks...

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

what if lana has been secretly shooting photoshoots and highly produced music videos and then just unleashes it all w/ the album and blows our minds? is it possible?  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:

Possible? Yes

Probable? No

I think this will be her most lo-fi era for music videos, she always seems to deliver on magazines though.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

She usually appears in the cover of magazines around the time the first single release/album release and we usually get some BTS pic when they're shooting everything like one month before the magazine is out. However this era it doesn't seem like she's done anything with V Magazine or some French magazine or whatever

the one thing the LFL era got right were the magazine photoshoots............. thats it

Can't forget the long ass interviews (radio interviews + complex) the music videos actually had budgets too, and Lana was very clear in her releasing lead singles and such, where as this era no one knows what the fuck the lead is, if we even have the lead, etc.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

About the visuals: we also have to keep in mind that Lana reached to a lot of directors back in 2017 to work with her on the Cherry music video and all of them rejected the project. The experience probably got her feeling discouraged and that's why she's mostly working with Chuck and no one else (we know damn well Chuck would never say no to any of her ideas) so there's that  :crossed:

What would make certain directors reject her projects? Like what reasons other than poor lack of taste?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What would make certain directors reject her projects? Like what reasons other than poor lack of taste?

To me it's pretty obvious why, considering her last music videos... If I was a director I wouldn't work on that shit either cjfjdj

Newly leaked footage of Lana & the girls rehearsing for the NFR tour

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

I'm posting it again cause my gifs got deleted

When I tell you I'm screaming  :lmao:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

The ipad-dad line is one of my fav. ever. It’s so sad and humorous at the same time. Self deprecating almost. Tower Of Song Teas

In general i feel this album has a Leonard God Cohen nerve. ”Im your man” being a straight up shoutout. Even her phrasing sometimes reminds me of him??

:illumilana2:  :pray2:  :lanahottie:  :suicide:  :lanahairflip4:

About the visuals: we also have to keep in mind that Lana reached to a lot of directors back in 2017 to work with her on the Cherry music video and all of them rejected the project. The experience probably got her feeling discouraged and that's why she's mostly working with Chuck and no one else (we know damn well Chuck would never say no to any of her ideas) so there's that  :crossed:

I think Chuck doing a lot of photography and videos now is because Lana actually never liked doing it and now she just uses her sister for comfort and not needing to work with other people. She's mentioned a lot of times how she doesnt like to be filmed etc

Same as the dancers she has on stage it seems no-one likes. I think she has them there for comfort also as she was usually nervous on stage and having them there is probably to help her - it gives her people to interact with on stage and she probably feels they are a distraction to people as well.

Silly to even ask... but does anyone think we'll get a TV performance (late night show or SNL)?

I'm only asking b/c Apple Keynote was a big event - granted online - but lots of people were watching.

we need to compete with this new forum

someone tell Elle to update the site so we can have cool gif profile icons and other stuff like that

Updating this site? And paying for promo? I've got to laugh!  :teehee: But seriously delreydaily might suck but at least they're really selling their site and they're into the process! I give them that

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif