TrashMagiq

Miss Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 22d 1h 19m 1s

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:15 PM

This episode was like a very light way to start the season tbh, like, it was kinda campy at times. I feel like shit's about to go Down. So far Arya remains the most interesting character tbh.

• Honeybear, heavvyhitter, Ultra Violet and 2 others like this

#123 OFFLINE   Honeybear

Honeybear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Fan Since:May/June 2014
  • Time Online: 63d 9h 14m 17s

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

It was kind of underwhelming tbh, but I guess that's okay, because they're trying to set it up for the more serious shit to come the next episodes 

• vodkaa, late bloomer and 13beachess like this

#124 OFFLINE   HydroponicWeeds

HydroponicWeeds

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationRings of Fire, Hell
  • Time Online: 18d 15h 44m 15s

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:00 PM

I really liked this episode. It drew things closer to the end, gave us some insight on what’s going on and what’s to come. It also tied up a few loose ends. Jon’s main storyline is about to be changed forever and I don’t think he knows how to deal with it. This season will be so fucking good, I’m so excited for the rest
  • Ultra Violet and late bloomer like this

giphy.gif

#125 OFFLINE   vodkaa

vodkaa

DN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts
  • Locationthe glint in your eyes
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 34d 20h 5m 26s

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:25 PM

I think, for me, the episode moved too slow, and I mean I appreciate the dragon flying scene, but honestly really, it feels a bit misplaced. The flow of the episode was a bit off imo. Also,
Spoiler

Spoiler

#126 OFFLINE   GlobelampStan

GlobelampStan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Fan Since:Baby love me, cause I'm playing on the radio – how do you like me now?
  • Time Online: 36d 23h 28s

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

ok so i wasn't a fan? like it was kinda boring. i mean not that i expect much from the first episode anyway but still could've used some colour

• Honeybear likes this

#127 OFFLINE   Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet

Cult Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,640 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Fan Since:October 2012
  • Time Online: 37d 13h 5m 24s

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:12 PM

I think, for me, the episode moved too slow, and I mean I appreciate the dragon flying scene, but honestly really, it feels a bit misplaced. The flow of the episode was a bit off imo. Also,

Spoiler

The flying scene was so rushed. A really bad decision on Danys part too. It was just like every other flying scene I've ever seen in any movie- Avatar with Jake and Ntiri, How to train your dragon. Can they ever do it more original?

I thoughts Jon's heritage reaction was good actually. The only part I didn't like was how he hadn't seen Sam before then. Like, it had been a whole day at least and Sam just chose to hide in the Library and no one told Jon he was at Winterfell.
  • DLT, vodkaa and late bloomer like this
Solve et Coagula

#128 OFFLINE   vodkaa

vodkaa

DN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts
  • Locationthe glint in your eyes
  • Time Online: 34d 20h 5m 26s

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:09 AM

The flying scene was so rushed. A really bad decision on Danys part too. It was just like every other flying scene I've ever seen in any movie- Avatar with Jake and Ntiri, How to train your dragon. Can they ever do it more original?
I thoughts Jon's heritage reaction was good actually. The only part I didn't like was how he hadn't seen Sam before then. Like, it had been a whole day at least and Sam just chose to hide in the Library and no one told Jon he was at Winterfell.

Mm, true.. it might’ve been that then, it seems like Sam def had a vested interest or motive on how he told Jon.. and ohmygod don’t judge me but u know what I thought of? I thought of the battle between Voldemort n Harry when they were flying ‘round Hogwarts in the deathly hallows with a mix of that flying nun gif ahhh ahahahahahahaha
  • Ultra Violet likes this

Spoiler

#129 OFFLINE   aiddy

aiddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK
  • Time Online: 20h 39m 43s

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

The episode was fine but nothing special (not that I expected much) I enjoyed it though it had some great moments. I just always feel let down by the majority of the reunions, its been the same for previous seasons as well. A few were good like Jon and Arya, Jon and Sam (off the top of my head) but when characters have so much history and reunions are condensed to approx 5 lines of dialogue because they're limited by time it just falls flat imo. Even Sansa and Tyrion who had probably one of the longest reunions in the ep, I want the characters to actually have a catch up. I know that's unrealistic because otherwise it would be hours of people just sat around chatting but idk I just don't feel the moments are captured very well.

On another note, I can't stand reading peoples opinions on twitter after the episode airs because they're so basic. I don't wanna sound high and mighty/like a cunt but I swear most people don't even think when they talk about the show  :pft:

#130 OFFLINE   QueenofAlchemy

QueenofAlchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Time Online: 14d 22h 46m 25s

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:30 PM

The first episode was set up to reflect S01E01 so much, it was almost supposed to lull us into a false sense of security. Plus after all the near-miss reunions Arya had (Her father, Her mother & Robb, Sansa at the Vale) its kind of nice she got her reunions with the people who made her (Jon, Gendry, The hound). I agree the episode was underwhelming, but it made moments like discovering little Ned Umber so much worse.

Plus everytime they set up Jaime to be a HeroTM they need to remind us that he pushed a kid out the window (and/or raped his sister) 

The episode was fine but nothing special (not that I expected much) I enjoyed it though it had some great moments. I just always feel let down by the majority of the reunions, its been the same for previous seasons as well. A few were good like Jon and Arya, Jon and Sam (off the top of my head) but when characters have so much history and reunions are condensed to approx 5 lines of dialogue because they're limited by time it just falls flat imo. Even Sansa and Tyrion who had probably one of the longest reunions in the ep, I want the characters to actually have a catch up. I know that's unrealistic because otherwise it would be hours of people just sat around chatting but idk I just don't feel the moments are captured very well.

On another note, I can't stand reading peoples opinions on twitter after the episode airs because they're so basic. I don't wanna sound high and mighty/like a cunt but I swear most people don't even think when they talk about the show  :pft:

^^ I agree, I assume the actual catching up happens off screen and we're just given the witty one liners. Otherwise what else are they doing with all the time on their hands. Little Ned Umber, got on a horse and rode all the way to Last Hearth, while the dead marched all the way from Eastwatch, to LastHearth, killed him, and marched back to CastleBlack, with enough time to display his body before the rest of the nights watch could find him. Plus Jaime made it from Kings Landing to Winterfell in record time too. (I expect the same speed from Theon in the next episode).

Most people dont even know whats going on and probably spend half the time on their phones. I had to have most cringey conversation with my dad, to explain how Jon and Dany were related lol

Imagine how confused people will be if they do reveal that Tyrion is the 3rd dragon. No wonder each newspaper has written 30 articles each and  A Wiki of Ice and Fire was down for a whole day

High up in the Hollywood hills, Taking violet pills

#131 OFFLINE   GlobelampStan

GlobelampStan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Fan Since:Baby love me, cause I'm playing on the radio – how do you like me now?
  • Time Online: 36d 23h 28s

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

Most people dont even know whats going on and probably spend half the time on their phones. I had to have most cringey conversation with my dad, to explain how Jon and Dany were related lol

Imagine how confused people will be if they do reveal that Tyrion is the 3rd dragon. No wonder each newspaper has written 30 articles each and  A Wiki of Ice and Fire was down for a whole day

why do you have to read me like that?

i remember summer 2017 when the episode where sam found out about the wedding in the library i was on my phone playing and when the episode was over i was so bewildered that everybody was so shocked and enthusiastic about it so i texted my friend who follows got and he was like "they just revealed that john is the rightful heir" while i deadass skipped (as in fast forwarded on my pc) that part

to this day everytime i talk about tv shows hes always reminding me of that 

#132 ONLINE   LanaFlowers

LanaFlowers

Your Brighton Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Time Online: 83d 3h 37m 29s

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:43 PM

I hope one day when we have all the books (lel) they'll remake this dumb ass show and do it RIGHT

#133 OFFLINE   TheBoss

TheBoss

You know a man like me, Gotta have a woman that's killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 111d 13h 24m 27s

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 PM

So, the 2nd episode leaked :toofunny:

#134 ONLINE   LanaFlowers

LanaFlowers

Your Brighton Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Time Online: 83d 3h 37m 29s

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

So, the 2nd episode leaked :toofunny:

who dies?

#135 OFFLINE   TheBoss

TheBoss

You know a man like me, Gotta have a woman that's killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Time Online: 111d 13h 24m 27s

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 PM

who dies?

I downloaded it but I haven't watched it yet :hooker: I think I'll tease myself with some 10 mins of it and I'll just wait for it to air.

#136 OFFLINE   TrashMagiq

TrashMagiq

Miss Bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Time Online: 22d 1h 19m 1s

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 PM

from what i've seen the leak's LQ/MQ, im not even gonna bother watching it, imma just wait 'till it airs

• late bloomer likes this

#137 OFFLINE   Unknown

Unknown

The Prom King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationBel Air
  • Time Online: 38d 3h 6m 26s

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 PM

omg read spoilers for episode 3... not quite as shocking as I was hoping