Beemo

Grimes

Then take it to Poppy's thread. Damn. Y'all are toxic people and belong with each other.

shut up. aren't y'all talking about the poppy situation with grimes in here? i wasn't off topic, so please leave the me alone. 

all i did was stating my opinion: i would've like poppy better in the song instead of hana. b y e. 

shut up. aren't y'all talking about the poppy situation with grimes in here? i wasn't off topic, so please leave the me alone.

all i did was stating my opinion: i would've like poppy better in the song instead of hana. b y e.

Poppy was never on the song to begin with and I was also stating my opinion. Like I said, you can always share your Poppy love on the Poppy's thread. Idk why you have to drag Hana in the first place, when the girl is being accused of being a "replacement" by fans like you when she was just working with her friend. Poppy's cowriter was on that song, AKA the guy that writes the songs you guys fucking love so much. So take it up with him. This is my last reply to u.

Poppy was never on the song to begin with and I was also stating my opinion. Like I said, you can always share your Poppy love on the Poppy's thread. Idk why you have to drag Hana in the first place, when the girl is being accused of being a "replacement" by fans like you when she was just working with her friend. Poppy's cowriter was on that song, AKA the guy that writes the songs you guys fucking love so much. So take it up with him. This is my last reply to u.

you are dumb, like really dumb.

when did i drag hana? did i say she is bad or she's untalented or something? you dragged poppy by saying she doesn't write her music and stuff. all i did was saying that i would've preferred poppy on the track, since it seems that she was intended to be on it. 

stream play destroy on spotify. 

when did i drag hana? did i say she is bad or she's untalented or something? you dragged poppy by saying she doesn't write her music and stuff. all i did was saying that i would've preferred poppy on the track, since it seems that she was intended to be on it.

Technically the part about Poppy not writing her own songs is true, i can't name 1 song that she written all by herself that isn't something from Bubblebath or What if i

:)

Technically the part about Poppy not writing her own songs is true, i can't name 1 song that she written all by herself that isn't something from Bubblebath or What if i

yes, but this wasn't the point of what i said. i never disrespected hana by saying that she makes bad music/doesn't write her own songs and stuff. i was talking about what i would've liked more on we appreciate power, aka poppy's voice. i couldn't care less about her songwriting skills.

I'm dumb? Honey, all I did was state facts and I don't think that counts as dragging. Poppy doesn't write her own songs. HANA was the original vocalist on the song. Maybe check your attitude, and don't be surprised that there's people who don't like your fave because of the person she is? 

Poppy > hana

HANA writes her own songs and isn't a shitty person, so...

do i look like a give a fuck? because i don't

Then take it to Poppy's thread. Damn. Y'all are toxic people and belong with each other.

yes, but this wasn't the point of what i said. i never disrespected hana by saying that she makes bad music/doesn't write her own songs and stuff. i was talking about what i would've liked more on we appreciate power, aka poppy's voice. i couldn't care less about her songwriting skills.

I'm dumb? Honey, all I did was state facts and I don't think that counts as dragging. Poppy doesn't write her own songs. HANA was the original vocalist on the song. Maybe check your attitude, and don't be surprised that there's people who don't like your fave because of the person she is? 

Chill girls, you are fighting for nothing

Let me put this straight: I like Grimes and I stan for HANA ever since she started releasing music as Hana Pestle, but her HANA career is miles better. Do I like Poppy? well... she has some catchy songs but nothing memorable in my own opinion.

Masochism only wrote in a very uncomplex manner that he prefers Poppy over HANA, that's it, it's HIS OWN OPINION. Please late bloomer act like someone of your age and accept that someone else has a different opinion that yours. I believe Poppy is a bad artist as she's a product of Titanic Sinclair and the result of many writers and producers so she's not better than HANA in any way (HANA's voice is way better, she writes and produces her own stuff) BUT THAT'S MY OPINION AND SHOULD BE RESPECTED just like Masochism gave his opinion and should be respected, not attacked.

Let me put it in a very SIMPLE manner post by post:

Masochism gave his opinion

late bloomer have his opinion

Masochism said he didn't care about the fact that HANA writes her own stuff and didn't care about the fact that Poppy is a shitty person as late bloomer stated

- late bloomer INSULTED masochism saying he's toxic

Masochism replied to the insult in a good way not offending back.

late bloomer claimed Masochism "dragged" HANA when he only said "Poppy > HANA", that's it, he only gave his opinion.

And after that it all went downhill.

So chill guys, there's no need for fighting and worse: insulting.

We are all entitled to our own opinion as long as it's a respectful one (no insulting). I fucking love HANA and I believe Poppy is a joke even though she has some pretty catchy stuff (Lowlife, Time's Up, Aristocrats, The Rapture Ball) so yeah, as a HANA stan and a Grimes supporter in this situation I'm pointing out that Masochism didn't start this as he only gave his opinion about Poppy being better and it's a valid statement as it is his own opinion.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

On a more positive note (I'm not going to respond to that again), I think it was sweet that Grimes gave her fans permission to make bootleg merch if her merch doesn't ship to their country and all she asks is that that they make it look cool.  :aw:  

Chill girls, you are fighting for nothing

Let me put this straight: I like Grimes and I stan for HANA ever since she started releasing music as Hana Pestle, but her HANA career is miles better. Do I like Poppy? well... she has some catchy songs but nothing memorable in my own opinion.

Masochism only wrote in a very uncomplex manner that he prefers Poppy over HANA, that's it, it's HIS OWN OPINION. Please late bloomer act like someone of your age and accept that someone else has a different opinion that yours. I believe Poppy is a bad artist as she's a product of Titanic Sinclair and the result of many writers and producers so she's not better than HANA in any way (HANA's voice is way better, she writes and produces her own stuff) BUT THAT'S MY OPINION AND SHOULD BE RESPECTED just like Masochism gave his opinion and should be respected, not attacked.

Let me put it in a very SIMPLE manner post by post:

Masochism gave his opinion

late bloomer have his opinion

Masochism said he didn't care about the fact that HANA writes her own stuff and didn't care about the fact that Poppy is a shitty person as late bloomer stated

- late bloomer INSULTED masochism saying he's toxic

Masochism replied to the insult in a good way not offending back.

late bloomer claimed Masochism "dragged" HANA when he only said "Poppy > HANA", that's it, he only gave his opinion.

And after that it all went downhill.

So chill guys, there's no need for fighting and worse: insulting.

We are all entitled to our own opinion as long as it's a respectful one (no insulting). I fucking love HANA and I believe Poppy is a joke even though she has some pretty catchy stuff (Lowlife, Time's Up, Aristocrats, The Rapture Ball) so yeah, as a HANA stan and a Grimes supporter in this situation I'm pointing out that Masochism didn't start this as he only gave his opinion about Poppy being better and it's a valid statement as it is his own opinion.

t h i s 

i wasn't even trying to start some beef or drama, i just think that poppy could've made the song better, but as you said it's only my opinion and not a real fact. is it that hard to understand? thank you for explaining it to everybody else too.

and to clarify: poppy isn't even one of my faves.... i just like her songs.

Am i the only one finding this Poppy/Grimes drama boring?

I agree I don’t care at all. I only want to know about grimes and her musicand the details! Like release dates!

I don't find it boring, I find it very unsettling because Grimes is not the first person/artist who have had problems with Poppy or her team. 

But yeah, I need release dates, Grimes mentioned to have TWO very different albums ready to be released and I'm dying to hear them as her last album is one of my favorite releases of that year.

t h i s 

i wasn't even trying to start some beef or drama, i just think that poppy could've made the song better, but as you said it's only my opinion and not a real fact. is it that hard to understand? thank you for explaining it to everybody else too.

and to clarify: poppy isn't even one of my faves.... i just like her songs.

You're welcome.

If you want my opinion, I prefer HANA over Poppy so I'm very happy that she replaced Poppy on this song, but tbh this is not the sound I wanted for the HANAxGrimes collab (that Tegan & Sara cover was better even if it didn't have HANA's beautiful voice). The song totally fits Poppy style but I understand why Grimes took her out of the project, most likely she found out about the backlash of working with Poppy (and all that drama with Titanic and Mars Argo) and wanted to avoid at all costs that Poppy released anything with Grimes name on it. But oh well... the damage was already done weeks ago.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I used to love Grimes but ever since she put out Art Angels her music has done nothing for me and I'm slowly starting to find her as a person intolerable. I wish she would go back to her ambient/lo-fi days. All the stuff she's been putting out sounds like she's trying too hard.

If you want my opinion, I prefer HANA over Poppy so I'm very happy that she replaced Poppy on this song, but tbh this is not the sound I wanted for the HANAxGrimes collab (that Tegan & Sara cover was better even if it didn't have HANA's beautiful voice). The song totally fits Poppy style but I understand why Grimes took her out of the project, most likely she found out about the backlash of working with Poppy (and all that drama with Titanic and Mars Argo) and wanted to avoid at all costs that Poppy released anything with Grimes name on it. But oh well... the damage was already done weeks ago.

That's why on a previous page I complained that Grimes was trying to 'sound like Poppy' but now I totally get it and I'd always prefer to hear it from Grimes and Hana over Poppy. I think it turned out great in the end. Play Destroy was slept on especially cause most Grimes fans did not ever want the collaboration, and now Hana gets good radio play from WAP.

*** PLEASE READ ***

LanaBoards has been down for the past few hours due to a DMCA takedown notice received because of posts in this thread. As I've stated many times across the forum, posting direct download links to copyrighted material or material that is set to be officially released is NOT ALLOWED by ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Violating this rule constitutes for an immediate ban. There will be no exceptions or leniency with this. 

& to other users, if you see a user violating this rule, please help out by reporting the post. This is a great help to keeping LanaBoards alive and breathing.

If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact my @admin account for any clarification. 

Thank you.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS