Fluorine

Charli XCX

No... look where icona pop is now.

Where?

Exactly.

that's not the point. The song is still under their name and it's a very iconic song that people still remember.

Icona got to do many International award shows/promo purely because of that song, it was massive. It could have been the biggest of her career (Even bigger than Fancy/Boom Clap)

that's not the point. The song is still under their name and it's a very iconic song that people still remember.

Icona got to do many International award shows/promo purely because of that song, it was massive. It could have been the biggest of her career (Even bigger than Fancy/Boom Clap)

Got. Key word. That was years ago. Move on.

Charli's getting Uffie on her songs. Like idk about you, but that's pretty iconic to my generation. Like if you wanna talk about ~massive~, as far as the general public, she was on Fancy. Even though everyone hates Iggy Azalea now, the song was pretty "massive".

Got. Key word. That was years ago. Move on.

Stop being a cunt

tumblr_n9ntrfjzmL1rt7s2lo1_500.gif

btw the only time i ever heard the name uffie was with charli so like.... yas queen helping irrelevant careers

Yes "I Love It" was only a career tragedy until she came back a year later on a hit where her name was actually recognized

exactly, but that was a large gap between the next hit. My point is that it could of happened sooner had that song been under Charli's name/brand exclusively 

Uffie was never a household name. She just worked her way through the tail end of the MySpace era with Oizo and Feadz, cranked out a really good electronic album and disappeared. If anything it just shows Charli is good at A&R of her own material

BzhmW.png

Okay but y'all can stop acting like Uffie was never a big deal. If bloghouse wasn't a thing I really doubt the tumblr generation of teen pop girls would've happened. Just because Uffie decided to raise her child and take a break doesn't mean she didn't heavily impact electronic music. Learn your pop culture history fags. :cuteface:

14417469274.gif

Do you think Charli hates herself for giving Icona Pop "I Love it" instead of releasing it as a single of her own? She loves performing that song live it seems like her favourite song she's written

Charli has literally said in several interviews that she didn't like the song and it didn't feel right to keep it because she was going in different direction with her music. She doesn't regret giving it away if anything she was pissed when she found out they kept her vocals that's why it ended up being a collab. Anyway Charli is getting coins and performs it live just like Fancy

Uffie was never a household name. She just worked her way through the tail end of the MySpace era with Oizo and Feadz, cranked out a really good electronic album and disappeared. If anything it just shows Charli is good at A&R of her own material

If it weren't for Uffie we wouldn't have the Charli we have right now, Uffie's music had a huge impact on Charli's music, she wanted to make music like Uffie, in my opinion Duke and Pop Princess sound very Uffie-ish so don't deny Uffie's impact on pop culture/music, MySpace days were iconic.

Just realized that Number 1 Angel is the album of the year so far n

So in love with the whole thing. Lipgloss has been on repeat for like... days :rip:

On the first listen I thought the middle songs were just "Ok" but now I see that everything is a Masterpiece and really there's no "BAD SONG". It's all amazing.

Babygirl is my "Least favorite" but the whole production is --->>>

If it weren't for Uffie we wouldn't have the Charli we have right now, Uffie's music had a huge impact on Charli's music, she wanted to make music like Uffie, in my opinion Duke and Pop Princess sound very Uffie-ish so don't deny Uffie's impact on pop culture/music, MySpace days were iconic.

I wasn't denying it...I love Uffie. It just sounded earlier like it was such an accomplishment to get an Uffie feature. If anything she's not in it enough

BzhmW.png

I wasn't denying it...I love Uffie. It just sounded earlier like it was such an accomplishment to get an Uffie feature. If anything she's not in it enough

I was honestly shook to see her name in the features. She finally made an insta last year and starting teasing new music, but I didn't really have high hopes until Charli got her on Babygirl. Uffie has to be releasing music this year now! It would only make sense!! Maybe there will be a Charli feature on Uffie's follow-up to Sex Dreams & Denim Jeans.

I've always wanted to make an Uffie thread, but I was never sure she'd come back to music. Here's to hoping we get her 2nd album this year. :cuteface: :defeated: :flutter:

14417469274.gif

Sorry but I don't think Uffie had any impact, she's a US extreme local act. No one was checking for her. I'm not saying she's a bad artist but y'all are being a bit extra and are over crediting her.

She has no impact on the UK or US top 100 charts either

Sorry but I don't think Uffie had any impact, she's a US extreme local act. No one was checking for her. I'm not saying she's a bad artist but y'all are being a bit extra and are over crediting her.

She has no impact on the UK or US top 100 charts either

She's fairly well known in the UK electronic/dance scene. You were probably just starting elementary school at that time

BzhmW.png