NEAL

RIDE MONOLOGUE

Even though i am actually more touched by that second section in the OP than the monologue itself, Ride already seems like it's going to be a million times better than National Anthem. I can’t wait to see it. Also, i'm getting vibes of Vincent Gallo’s The Brown Bunny :O

OMG. Can we please make it a thing where we record ourselves reading the letter? I want to hear people's voices! :3

It should be that fan letter you posted and read on LDR.FM rather than this monologue.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I like her cheesy monologue, since she always gives journalists the same answers, that she doesn't tweet much anymore, it's good to see that she can also speak and not just sing. That letter is very personal, it reveals more about her than all her interviews combined. It's cheesy and touching :3

up45I.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

It should be that fan letter you posted and read on LDR.FM rather than this monologue.

DE-BACH-ERY

I'm drenched in so much cheese I think my LDL is rising.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

It's so beautiful.

I actually liked her NA monologue, and I love this one and I wouldn't mind it at all if she makes it a kind of habbit to include a monologue in every music video. They just seem so emotional, personal and beautiful.

I think that if she did them for every video, it would get repetitive and boring. It would really take away from the emotional and personal value of the monologues themselves if she did them for every video, or even every other video. It's just like any other thing really, the more it's done, the more its value dereases.

14417469274.gif

I think that if she did them for every video, it would get repetitive and boring. It would really take away from the emotional and personal value of the monologues themselves if she did them for every video, or even every other video. It's just like any other thing really, the more it's done, the more its value dereases.

Maybe you're right, but the way I see it, I think it would be cool, like a sort of 'tradition' I don't know.

Just a piece of her past, of herself. I mean you could read several poems from the same writer without it being boring, if the subject is different and if each one is beautiful on its own...

But oh well what do I know, maybe if she starts doing it, it'd turn out to be really lame

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

I read so many comments saying how "beautiful, amazing, magnifique" this video is, I have some high expectation now, I don't wanna be disappointed!

As for the monologue, NA's added a little extra to the tragic ending of the Kennedy's/her relationship/intense relationship in general. This one sounds like confessions, It's way more personal and I centered (like everything she does) in a good way.

up45I.gif

I don't get that cheesy vibe.

I think she just wants to express to us how she is greatful and came to a realization in her life.

Her sharing her feelings and thoughts...really touch me in a weird way.

I feel like we are getting to know her.

She is an artist.

I think hearing her say it can give you that cheesy vibe.

But I read it before hearing her say it.

And reading it really brought me to tears.

And to all who got to expierence last night, you are truly blessed.

I'd love to share that moment with her and all other fans.

I can fantasize how it would be, I could only imagine how you all felt being there.

I'm more happy for you guys then jealous (I can't help to feel jealousy, it's just something I would have love to be apart of), but I am so delighted that she did this for us fans.

tumblr_mbqmswr2qS1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

I can't be with the man I love,

I can't be if he treats me rough.

tumblr_mbseajROmO1qb9tu7o1_500.gif

Maybe you're right, but the way I see it, I think it would be cool, like a sort of 'tradition' I don't know.

Just a piece of her past, of herself. I mean you could read several poems from the same writer without it being boring, if the subject is different and if each one is beautiful on their own...

But oh well what do I know, maybe if she starts doing it, it turn out to be really lame

I understand what you're saying, and it makes perfect sense! I love traditions and stuff like that, I personally just don't think it should apply here, in her videos. To each their own, though. I feel like a *good* Lana tradition is how she puts many of her own videos together herself. I see that as more of a tradition than making an ~emoshunal~ speech at the end of every music video. Your poems example/analogy/whatever is pretty good, I see what you're saying but I just disagree in this situation! Don't let my opinion make you second-guess yourself though, if you like it, you like it. :)

14417469274.gif

i am actually more touched by that second section

Ha! Such a Monicker thing to say. I love it.

I agree.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Isn't cheesy to me, i like her writing and her monologues. They go with the dramatic and cinematic vibe of the videos.

I totally agree! They're very emotional and dramatic, as they are supposed to be.

MkWI4Ns.png

I like this monologue because it's about as personal as she's gotten. Her interviews are usually cut-and-paste from past interviews and songs are less straightforward. I think it makes the video.

Am I the only one that's bothered by her "three year long world tour" not fitting into her timeline?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

and I guess she references Kanye when she talks about her Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasies. or is it Jung?

Can't deny that it promptly reminds to Kanye's, but I prefer to believe the latter.

ps: I'd take a wild guess that you are kidfromurmemory.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.