Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

Body Electric

"...And we get crazy every Friday night,

I drop it like it's hot in the pale monlight.

and when I pray, I'm feelin' alright..."

BE @Itunes Festival 2:47

BE @Hackney Weekend

OMG the emotion, i feel like I can't contain myself......and my heart's gunna explode.......

Also Prom Song (Gone Wrong)

The second part of the chorus:

"...You will never see my face,

If you don't get me out of this place, now baby,

I'm not crazy..."

PS(GW)

Eargasmssss....

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

Every "mmm", "hmm" or other kind of moan in any song. Except the one at the beginning of "Blue Velvet".

I tend to agree... except I'm having trouble with the "mmm" in Kill Kill lately. Family Guy fans, read on at your own risk.

The one right after "I have done everything I can" ...I can't stop thinking of Mr. Herbert. :eek:

Make it stop... :facepalm:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Even if Sitar gonna completely hide this post or (hopefully just temporarily) revoke my posting ability, I'm gonna soldier on to say that one of the/my best LDR Musical Moment is indeed (you guessed it) ...in Lucky Ones. Below is a c+p of comment I made on Feb 10, back when I know so little of her, watched only a handful of live performances, and only have Born To Die to replay constant and continuously.

judgemekillyou.gif

Off to the
races
topic..

After countless comment-reading of fave songs, I genuinely felt like I'm the only one fawning over Without You and Lucky Ones. (But it's all good, all good.. #feeling-a-pseudo-possession)

And very, very, very... esp. Lucky Ones.

If asked why, it'd be a long essay of fangirling over the cello, trumpet, and harp sounds.

That overall majestic, cinematically denoument-ish orchestration in the outro.

To my ears' delight, it has perfect amount of chorus repetition, not too much, not too little.

I like the way she back-vocals it. I like the creepy, alien-spacecraft-hovering synth-sound* randomly appearing (creepily) throughout the song, the church bell + timpani drum-roll + loud-cymbal-crash combo, seconds before the chorus--it almost sums up my type of favorite sonic experiences. I just need her to make a mini-film of it to slay me, tbh.

And seriously that lyric?

Sung in such way, and in such aforementioned atmosphere?

Every now and then, the stars align

Boy and girl meet by the great design

Boy, do I fall in love..

I honestly think that Lucky Ones is one of the few songs that'd be great if sung live--it has generous space between verses/lines/lyrics, minimizing ~out-of-breath occurrences, which I think for me, still a quite major issue in Lana's performance. Most time I watch videos of her live, I subconsciously hold my own breath. If only she would lay low on the varying a little. It's like: eff the lyric Lana, breathe girl, breathe..

8 months+ later, re-reading that, I still feel the same. I used to think that I really hate brass-section, trumpet, horn, trombone, let alone sax.. eh, not for me, nuh-uh, no sir. But just like most other things I decided I want to hate--I turned out finding something beautiful about it and just started really liking it.

And then I just have to add the whole intro length of Little Girls and/or Put Me in A Movie, the right to left channel of oriental-music-box(?) sound, followed by the brooding bass, the looping E-G#-D-G#(?), and that distant, chiming, shop-door-bell sound. If anything, my ears hear this as the sound she described as 'a sad-party'. The way she sings it so desperately sad and cheerfully heartbroken, makes me just wanna buy her every goddamn chocolate cake in town.

And bridges. Oh, those bridges..

I think I've said here somewhere (or maybe was it at ldrfm) that on first listen of BTD, right off the bat I connect more to the later half of the tracklist. On Dark Paradise's bridge I was flabbergasted and was like: "How did that even possible?". Maybe the overall lack of expose to music on my behalf, but I seriously think that my ears have never experienced a powerful war-drum** or beats in general, combined so beautifully with melody, not since a long time. And then there's Without You, that sorta just seems to know that I'm a sucker for that tacky/overused/cinematical/Olympic momentuous, overturning, building progression of hymnal strings, paired with lines of what I would say as 'the anthem of self-proclaimed, castaways, rebel teens'.

* aka Emile Haynie's signature sound

**or rather, tom-toms or maybe even slap-bass

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Even if Sitar gonna completely hide this post or (hopefully just temporarily) revoke my posting ability, I'm gonna soldier on to say that one of the/my best LDR Musical Moment is indeed (you guessed it) ...in Lucky Ones. Below is a c+p of comment I made on Feb 10, back when I know so little of her, watched only a handful of live performances, and only have Born To Die to replay constant and continuously.

judgemekillyou.gif

Off to the
races
topic..

After countless comment-reading of fave songs, I genuinely felt like I'm the only one fawning over Without You and Lucky Ones. (But it's all good, all good.. #feeling-a-pseudo-possession)

And very, very, very... esp. Lucky Ones.

If asked why, it'd be a long essay of fangirling over the cello, trumpet, and harp sounds.

That overall majestic, cinematically denoument-ish orchestration in the outro.

To my ears' delight, it has perfect amount of chorus repetition, not too much, not too little.

I like the way she back-vocals it. I like the creepy, alien-spacecraft-hovering synth-sound* randomly appearing (creepily) throughout the song, the church bell + timpani drum-roll + loud-cymbal-crash combo, seconds before the chorus--it almost sums up my type of favorite sonic experiences. I just need her to make a mini-film of it to slay me, tbh.

And seriously that lyric?

Sung in such way, and in such aforementioned atmosphere?

Every now and then, the stars align

Boy and girl meet by the great design

Boy, do I fall in love..

I honestly think that Lucky Ones is one of the few songs that'd be great if sung live--it has generous space between verses/lines/lyrics, minimizing ~out-of-breath occurrences, which I think for me, still a quite major issue in Lana's performance. Most time I watch videos of her live, I subconsciously hold my own breath. If only she would lay low on the varying a little. It's like: eff the lyric Lana, breathe girl, breathe..

8 months+ later, re-reading that, I still feel the same. I used to think that I really hate brass-section, trumpet, horn, trombone, let alone sax.. eh, not for me, nuh-uh, no sir. But just like most other things I decided I want to hate--I turned out finding something beautiful about it and just started really liking it.

Don't be afraid of Sitar, Neal, you can come stay with the level-minded & loving individuals AKA the Lucky Ones fans. We welcome you into our arms. This post is the epitome of awesomeness, it says everything I haven't already said about the perfection that is Lucky Ones. Sitar, if you have something negative to say to this amazing and well thought out post by our lovely new fam member Neal, you can go eat shit. *gets Beemo, Lana Del Rey, and a few other prized users and throws Neal a Lucky Ones Welcoming Party*

If anyone reading this ever feels scared and alone, I want you to know, it doesn't have to be this way. It's okay to profess your love for Lucky Ones. When I came out and told everyone how I felt, I felt this wonderful sense of relief. My true friends accepted me for who I was born to be, and even if they didn't like Lucky Ones, they no longer said bad things about it when I was around. Most of them grew to love and respect it though, just as much as they loved and respected me. If you don't feel comfortable talking to someone you know, please at least call this hotline, they have someone waiting to talk to you 24/7. I swear you won't feel alone anymore. 1-800-LUC-KY1S

:flutter:

14417469274.gif

Every "mmm", "hmm" or other kind of moan in any song. Except the one at the beginning of "Blue Velvet".

Yes! Even (perhaps especially) the one in Kill Kill, PB.

If anyone reading this ever feels scared and alone, I want you to know, it doesn't have to be this way. It's okay to profess your love for Lucky Ones. When I came out and told everyone how I felt, I felt this wonderful sense of relief. My true friends accepted me for who I was born to be, and even if they didn't like Lucky Ones, they no longer said bad things about it when I was around. Most of them grew to love and respect it though, just as much as they loved and respected me. If you don't feel comfortable talking to someone you know, please at least call this hotline, they have someone waiting to talk to you 24/7. I swear you won't feel alone anymore. 1-800-LUC-KY1S

LO is shit n u r a faqq

Really, when did I become the token sane person Lucky Ones hater? Where are the rest of my people with taste?

Yes! Even (perhaps especially) the one in Kill Kill, PB.

:erm: Yeah, it is hot.

Really, when did I become the token sane person Lucky Ones hater? Where are the rest of my people with taste?

I have nothing bad to say about LO lyrics. Sure they seem generic, but at the end of BTD? They function as a breath of hope. What makes me skip it almost every time isn't the lyrics, but the pointlessly tepid music. (Reminds me of REO Speedwagon's "Here With Me." Chic-a-chic-a-chooc-AH.)

The demo, on the other hand, ROCKS. :excited:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

HDB, i am upset with you for two reasons. 1. You didn't name me by name when mentioning your fellow Lucky Ones family members :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

2. I called that 800 number. They said they were closed due to the hurricane and then said something about rental equipment! What gives, Bill?? You leading us astray here or what? I need answers because i will never understand the Lucky Ones hate, and here i was foolishly believing that this hotline might provide some insight.

Oh, and then just as i was going to say that i suspect that the LO hate comes from people being too hung up on the lyrics, we have PrettyBaby calling the backing track pointlessly tepid. TEPID! PB needs 2 have teh RAWK in her lyfe \m/

I love this thread.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Omg I can't. I love you.

sort of ~

The Blue Velvet moaning humming is heavenly. 7sd8Q.gif

and throws Neal a Lucky Ones Welcoming Party*

It's a party, it's a party, it's a party, it's a party, it's a party, c-c-cmon...

but the pointlessly tepid music.

T.T

nsKrf.gif

But hosheet, Gramma!

Hold up the phone!

Monicker just liked my post!

LIKED-MY-POST!

FwMNs.gif

Get that Twitter frame down, nao!

We have new one to hang!

yyXkR.jpg

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I suspect that hotline offers counseling for your poor confused ears. Blessings :oprah:

I have nothing bad to say about LO lyrics. Sure they seem generic, but at the end of BTD? They function as a breath of hope. What makes me skip it almost every time isn't the lyrics, but the pointlessly tepid music. (Reminds me of REO Speedwagon's "Here With Me." Chic-a-chic-a-chooc-AH.)

The demo, on the other hand, ROCKS. :excited:

Oh I've dealt with worse lyrics than Lucky Ones, even in a Lana song, the whole of it is just boring. (But really, those damn lyrics, lndlbjdsbjl.) And if it's a breath of hope of hope you need, she could have closed with On Our Way or Never Let Me Go or another of her far superior love songs.

I've bopped to the demo before, definitely. On my master Lana playlist, it rests right between the DICWB demo and Every Man Has His Wish--two jams.

Lucky Ones is a catchy song, I like it.

A LDR Musical Moment I enjoy is the slight-high pitched endings Lana adds to the ends of the words "scarlet" and "starlet" in Off to the Races. Not sure if I worded that correctly, but if you listen to the that part I assume you'll catch my drift. It's a minor moment, but when I have my occasional sing-a-longs to it, I tend to raise the pitch of the two words at the ends.

Lucky Ones is a catchy song, I like it.

A LDR Musical Moment I enjoy is the slight-high pitched endings Lana adds to the ends of the words "scarlet" and "starlet" in Off to the Races. Not sure if I worded that correctly, but if you listen to the that part I assume you'll catch my drift. It's a minor moment, but when I have my occasional sing-a-longs to it, I tend to raise the pitch of the two words at the ends.

I love singing along to that. I pout my lips and get my sass on.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I suspect that hotline offers counseling for your poor confused ears. Blessings :oprah:

Oh I've dealt with worse lyrics than Lucky Ones, even in a Lana song, the whole of it is just boring. (But really, those damn lyrics, lndlbjdsbjl.) And if it's a breath of hope of hope you need, she could have closed with On Our Way or Never Let Me Go or another of her far superior love songs.

I've bopped to the demo before, definitely. On my master Lana playlist, it rests right between the DICWB demo and Every Man Has His Wish--two jams.

25ip65y.gif

SOMEONE hasn't fallen in love for the first time.

<3

sort of ~

25ip65y.gif

SOMEONE hasn't fallen in love for the first time.

Has it come to this now?

Five of Lana's in-love songs that are better than Lucky Ones off the top of my head:

- Never Let Me Go

- On Our Way

- Every Man Has His Wish

- Puppy Love

- Yayo

Try again bew :hottie:

This is the most insane thing i've seen in a long time. I love it. You're a mad man, Neal.

Ha! I didn't notice the "painting" in the background the first time. Mad man indeed.

Sheeet, if this is insane.. *looks inside folders, discouraged*

Crazy as since I was three..