Radiohead Sues Lana for Copyright Infringement on "Get Free"

Okay but like does anyone have an idea of what the potential outcome will be? Like yeah the melody is similar, but that's it, so I don't really see how Radiohead has a case? Just kind of confused.

Because there is the similarity in the pre-chorus which won't go unnoticed, she'll probably have to give up some publishing if that's what they're after, but I can't imagine it'll be anywhere near 100% (even 40% would generous!). Other solutions could be crediting them as songwriters and therefore they'd receive some royalties from the song, paying some sort of agreed financial settlement or even removing the song from online platforms and future physical pressings.

Like, they didn't listen to the song and thought "Wow, this sad woman is finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... maybe we shouldn't be so harsh to her". 

Art is business.

Whatever...

I agree that the melody is similar BUT is only for like a 20 second part and is just a similar chord progression..it's not like it was all plagiated. So Lana's offer of 40% was enough.

Their demand of 100% is just absurd and unacceptable  :crossed:  

40% was way more than what they deserve

They shouldn't get 5%. They were sued already. It's not a tough case. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

IM SO MAD because this song is so personal and private to her, and she only wanted her fans to know about it. But now it's being taken to court and its making headlines, its so disrespectful to the song and to her music. Its about her trying to be positive and now it just has such a negative back story. FUCK YOU RADIOHEAD IMA HEX THEIR ASSES TONIGHT. :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed: :crossed:

omg i literally just said this in my other post.. gorl we're always on the same page! <3

:illumilana:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I’m glad that she’s taking the lead and confirming it herself. That’s not good for Radiohead’s image.

What I’m not happy about is that some of the comments by Lana stans on instagram or Twitter are... pretty childish.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Lana should make a fund for these old ass men to get some hearing aids because they are REACHING

tumblr_inline_o6800fIuhO1qais6x_540.png

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Im surprised and dissapointed that Radiohead a band I used to respect is suing over the use of chords that they themselves stole from another artist. That's a Taylor Swift level misuse of copyright law

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

lol when you pay attention to Creep lyrics... No wonder...

"You're so fucking special, I'm a creep"

Men are intimidated by Lana

in·fe·ri·or·i·ty com·plex

I loved that song and still love it though. But the band's attitude...??  :crossed: