Amadeus

Galilee, Israel @ Meteor Festival - Sep 7, 2018 (CANCELLED)

In her Complex interview, she claimed to have felt safe during the Obama era. That statement literally shattered my opinion about her being woke.

Don't forget her saying that she isn't pro Trump because he shatters the idea and image of America in the world's eyes.

That was her instinctive answer.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

The only mistake Lana made was pretending to be a feminist/ interested in world issues. She should have stuck to her own identity and not bend to appease majorities of people without realizing that you cant please everyone. Especially extremely sensitive people who project their concerns onto her because shes suddenly "woke". Given the subject matter of lfl, she should have known that her decision to sing in Israel would cause an uproar. I do however have an opinion about the annoying brats harassing her to cancel on fans over there who want to see her just like the rest of us and how entitled they are to think those innocent civilian fans don’t deserve to see her in concert because its in a war torn country. Mind you it is not an artist's job to coddle you just because you listen to their music, nor do they have to follow your political standing points. If you cannot handle this, then don't support them. They will have hundreds of more fans in your place and could not care less. Lana or not. 

I stand by her despite her inconsistent pov because she is a human with choice too. 

You know what I’m curious about?

The rest of the band’s perspective on going. This includes everyone. Band members Byron, Blake, Tom, and Kevin, Dancers Ashley & Alex, all the sound engineers, Carl her bodyguard... I wonder how they feel about it. None of them have really said much yet. I’m curious to know if Lana does actually go through with this if any of them won’t show. Maybe they’ve even been talking to Lana about it since she’s kind of been silent for the past 24 hours.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

You know what I’m curious about?

The rest of the band’s perspective on going. This includes everyone. Band members Byron, Blake, Tom, and Kevin, Dancers Ashley & Alex, all the sound engineers, Carl her bodyguard... I wonder how they feel about it. None of them have really said much yet. I’m curious to know if Lana does actually go through with this if any of them won’t show. Maybe they’ve even been talking to Lana about it since she’s kind of been silent for the past 24 hours.

They are not going to care. The most they might care about is just security to be great. If they don't want to go they won't go. Nothing more nothing less.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

So obviously there are a lot of pros and cons playing in Israel and it probably would've been wiser of Lana not to go there (just to avoid any uproar). But bands like Radiohead survived the backlash too (and smaller american bands like Of Montreal who are playing at the same festival as Lana don't seem to face such an amount of citicism?) and got support by other artists:

https://pitchfork.com/news/michael-stipe-i-stand-with-radiohead-in-israel-concert-controversy/

So obviously there are a lot of pros and cons playing in Israel and it probably would've been wiser of Lana not to go there (just to avoid any uproar). But bands like Radiohead survived the backlash too (and smaller american bands like Of Montreal who are playing at the same festival as Lana don't seem to face such an amount of citicism?) and got support by other artists:

https://pitchfork.com/news/michael-stipe-i-stand-with-radiohead-in-israel-concert-controversy/

no one likes radiohead.

i‘m sorry but lana brought it up on herself, this shouldnt be political but she should have realised people are going to use this decision to reflect on her judgement and sentiment the moment she felt she needed to make a statement about it.

her main audience is the same demographic as lorde and they’re obviously not here for anything neutral or pro israel.

she has herself to blame people when she’s gonna get dragged for whining about anything when in their view she’s endorsing a genocide and the killing of children.

additionally her trying to be political, her being anti trump in the most superficial way, her hippy way of thinking she can bring peace to the world didnt help her case at all.

the fact that people on here still talk about her safety? lmao what, israel is pretty safe they have their safety on lock and its not about that.

lana‘s going to be fine it‘s what people think of her what‘s gonna be damaged and this is no way comparable to getting dragged over lyrics.

i76mrxw.png 

no one likes radiohead.

Well that's not true at all, Radiohead have a large following (and a lot of my friends like them). And many of them are (or at least consider themselves to be) critical minded and some kind of political so if a "politically aware" band like Radiohead can play in Israel (for a lot of times, not just in 2017) and still are considered as "serious artists" or whatever, Lana should survive that backlash by fans too. I'm not saying that I think she should go there and I don't think it's a very clever decision to play there (publicity wise) but people will eventually get over it...

Well that's not true at all, Radiohead have a large following (and a lot of my friends like them). And many of them are (or at least consider themselves to be) critical minded and some kind of political so if a "politically aware" band like Radiohead can play in Israel (for a lot of times, not just in 2017) and still are considered as "serious artists" or whatever, Lana should survive that backlash by fans too. I'm not saying that I think she should go there and I don't think it's a very clever decision to play there (publicity wise) but people will eventually get over it...

this isnt a general thing u can say about all artist. just lile lorde or shakira, lana is receicing much more backflash for this than other artists (gaga, britney practically none). there’s many reasons for this but still it‘s just stupid to pull through with this now when whatever she‘s trying to do is not worth the damage.

after her twitter ramp it's not just people disagreeing with her decision to perform there but she's also booboo the fool for believing in that peace bs. she'll get dragged if she gets up on that stage and sings lyrics like "u and i we were born to die" "only the good die young".

i76mrxw.png 

no one likes radiohead.

No one likes radiohead??? omfg lmfao you definitely know nothing about music and it shows. You're probably bitter abt the lawsuit too... :toofunny:

And Lana is going to be fine. Just like how many other artists that performed there are ALL fine. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill  :facepalm:  and stop comparing her to Lorde. Lana doesn't give a flying fuck for what Lorde did or does. Period.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot: