Amadeus

Galilee, Israel @ Meteor Festival - Sep 7, 2018 (CANCELLED)

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/06/04/israel-50-years-occupation-abuses

https://bdsmovement.net/

https://www.ipsc.ie/israels-violations-of-international-law-a-brief-introduction

Internet helps, you know.

Also news, but I guess the world has forgotten about Gaza for about 2 years now

There are so many associations, charities and institutions involved in boycotting Israel that it's funny some people are still convinced it's a Twitter conspiracy.

I'm logging off.

The first link was actually helpful, so thank you, but the other two are incredibly bias. Also, unlawful killing does not equal genocide or ethnic cleansing. Those are serious terms that should not be thrown around for this situation. From what I read, it's a continuous fight over territory, and several people have died unlawfully on both sides. Just because many groups boycott Israel doesn't mean they're 100% factual and non-bias. Question before y'all go all out.

PS, the internet does not always help. 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

i swear social media is the course of humanity, it's like people forgot or unlearned how to engage in things without posting a statement or press article whenever something happens.

The White House or US Immigration Office didn't tweet @AmyWinehouse stop being an addict or we'll refuse to give u a visa  :rip:

i76mrxw.png 

murder

evil

torture

eviction

opression

rampage

children of the bloody revolution deserved ultraviolence cos they are born to die

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I'm afraid for Lana, but it's beyond ridiculous saying that she shouldn't perform on the country bc of their shitty laws and etc.

She's doing what every artist should do: think on the fans

original.gif

Wow,  so much anti-Semitism hatred of Jews from some anonymous internet people reposting  a large chain letter from some anonymous source that would love for all Jewish people worldwide to die.

Simply amazing.

How naïve of people to be so hateful 24/7/365  repeating echo chamber style their anti-Semitism hatred of Jews world wide over and over again.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Maybe an interesting read on this topic:

"To perform or not to perform in Israel? Here’s how it went for 10 Western artists."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/06/04/to-perform-or-not-to-perform-in-israel-heres-how-it-went-for-10-western-artists/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a6296d103125

Maybe an interesting read on this topic:

"To perform or not to perform in Israel? Here’s how it went for 10 Western artists."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/06/04/to-perform-or-not-to-perform-in-israel-heres-how-it-went-for-10-western-artists/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a6296d103125

But I don’t really think it says much except for who performed and when, and who cancelled their shows? :/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

But I don’t really think it says much except for who performed and when, and who cancelled their shows? :/

Well at least you can see that a lot of artists performed there (even Roger Waters himself...) and that none of the artist's careers who played in Israel was "finished" afterwards because of their gigs. But it definitely would've been smarter of Lana to stay away from this whole (very complex) topic... But I'm happy for her fans in Israel that they finally can see her live.

I'm wondering which places in the Middle East she'll go to next year – there are some more very "difficult" countries there so another backlash might be looming around the corner...

It's not really my story to tell, but do y'all realize there are prominent members of this fanbase and this forum, among some of the most instrumental in the early development of Lana's fanbase, whose parents are Palestinian refugees dispossessed of their land? Please think of that before treating this issue dismissively.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I would've never thought Lana would be touring Israel a few years ago (or any other Middle East countries for that matter).

Lana ha GLOBAL mainstream era is coming.

lana already toured the midle east during paradise sis

i76mrxw.png 

It's not really my story to tell, but do y'all realize there are prominent members of this fanbase and this forum, among some of the most instrumental in the early development of Lana's fanbase, whose parents are Palestinian refugees dispossessed of their land? Please think of that before treating this issue dismissively.

You’re right, it’s not your story to tell, and I encourage those members to speak out. But I also encourage Israeli members to speak out since there are different perspectives to this situation. Most of us are outsiders and have no concrete understanding besides the articles and reports we see and hear. But Palestinian members should understand that Lana isn’t against them since most outsiders like us aren’t exposed enough to this issue to give an educated opinion. However, I believe it’s better to acknowledge both Israel and Palestine than to disregard them altogether. Everybody wants to be right, but I don’t think anyone can be.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

That's very flawed and dangerous logic and easily exploitable. If we are to go by that logic, then on this forum people need to also: stop spewing anti-american comments since u know there's members that are americans, stop spewing anti- (other country name here of ur choice which had/still has issues/situation similar/or worse than israel in the past or present etc) since well... there will be again members of that country and so on and on. It doesn't work that way. Everyone is allowed to speak out with no exceptions, voice their opinions as long it's in a respectful manner. If and whoever thinks differently/disagrees with the said members they can simply initiate a convo to exchange their views in an attempt to understand each other and possibly learn something new too.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

RIP to Uri Avnery (who was Jewish) who died suddenly of a "stroke" at age 94,working his entire life as a major liberal voice of Israeli dissent  and for peace and unity between the two

Important-

As recent as August 5th  (just 15 days before his sudden passing), Uri Avnery had planned to attend a demongration led by the Druse community agianst 

Bibi's Nation-State law in Tel Aviv. that protest drew 100,000 people.  REPEAT 100,000 people. It was one of the biggest protests in years.

note- that the information is taken from the NY Times obituary on Mr. Uri Avnery in the August 21, 2018 print edition.

One would do well to look up Mr. Avnery who was against the white-nationalism that Bibi (and Sharon before him) endorses.

REST IN POWER MR. AVNERY, REST IN POWER. You and your life will continue to resonate.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

lana already toured the midle east during paradise sis

Where? I thought she only performed in Turkey and a festival in Lebanon. I think that hardly counts as "touring the middle east".

Where? I thought she only performed in Turkey and a festival in Lebanon. I think that hardly counts as "touring the middle east".

the original post said Lana "toured Israel" so i'm pretty sure they mean touring as in having a show there.

i76mrxw.png 

That's very flawed and dangerous logic and easily exploitable. If we are to go by that logic, then on this forum people need to also: stop spewing anti-american comments since u know there's members that are americans, stop spewing anti- (other country name here of ur choice which had/still has issues/situation similar/or worse than israel in the past or present etc) since well... there will be again members of that country and so on and on. It doesn't work that way. Everyone is allowed to speak out with no exceptions, voice their opinions as long it's in a respectful manner. If and whoever thinks differently/disagrees with the said members they can simply initiate a convo to exchange their views in an attempt to understand each other and possibly learn something new too.

Cute false equivalency