partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

6 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I really want Lana to have a little Jon Batiste phase like she did with Jack :trisha: this man is so much more up my alley and we have litch 2 songs

Candy Necklace is the most classic Lana song since Honeymoon era

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

36 minutes ago, taco truck said:

she manages to capture that something every few songs these last couple albums, but its clear she is not always interested in capturing it. Just that one song has it!!! (and its a Piano Ballad!!!!)

I'm not 100% sure this belongs here but: leakers should really tell us if a song is a voice memo or an actual produced song.

I mean, learning abt 80s Baby and The Devil titles got me hyped, but when they leaked and were just voice memos... 

well-so-im-done.gif

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Just now, Yosemite said:

I'm not 100% sure this belongs here but: leakers should really tell us if a song is a voice memo or an actual produced song.

This isn't anything new and it won't ever change. Back in the day, people were hyped for Crooked Cop before it leaked, 'cause it was said it be really common and likely to leak soon. When it finally did leak people were pissed that it was a super short laptop demo.

8 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I mean, learning abt 80s Baby and The Devil titles got me hyped, but when they leaked and were just voice memos... 

well-so-im-done.gif

i'm pretty sure we did know they were voice memos before they leaked, i believe honeymouns clarified that madly was the only studio-produced track out of the few titles he shared that day

honestly, i think we should just be a little more grateful for what we get... especially since we had so many other leaks which were studio-produced, i know not everybody cares about laptop demos, but i don't think they should be hoarded, some people really do like them

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

4 minutes ago, Beauty King said:

This isn't anything new and it won't ever change. Back in the day, people were hyped for Crooked Cop before it leaked, 'cause it was said it be really common and likely to leak soon. When it finally did leak people were pissed that it was a super short laptop demo.

Yeah, I remember that. 

But still, a heads-up would be good. It's not abt being ungrateful, if people wanna leak laptop demos/voice memos, then go ahead, we want everything. However, it wouldn't hurt to say something is a voice memo when teasing song titles.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm pretty sure we did know they were voice memos before they leaked, i believe honeymouns clarified that madly was the only studio-produced track out of the few titles he shared that day

honestly, i think we should just be a little more grateful for what we get... especially since we had so many other leaks which were studio-produced, i know not everybody cares about laptop demos, but i don't think they should be hoarded, some people really do like them

Don't remember him saying that tbh but maybe I just didn't see it

Also, as I said above, it's not abt being ungrateful, but voice memos are just something some/most people listen to a couple of times and then never again, whereas a fully produced track has more replay value. And again, I didn't say I don't want them to leak, I'm just saying a heads-up abt what type of track it is would be good so you don't hype something you won't even play twice

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

13 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Also, as I said above, it's not abt being ungrateful, but voice memos are just something some/most people listen to a couple of times and then never again, whereas a fully produced track has more replay value. And again, I didn't say I don't want them to leak, I'm just saying a heads-up abt what type of track it is would be good so you don't hype something you won't even play twice

i see what you're saying, but i guess we just have to wait and see when it comes to most leaks to be honest, it seems like most of the time, we know what to expect before a track leaks, for example, we all knew that greenwich acid was going to probably be a laptop demo, but we all could've assumed that something like earthquakes or dragonslayer were going to be studio-produced tracks, but at the same time, we can't always assume that leakers are going to give out much information about certain tracks if they even mention a title, usually we just get a snippet

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i see what you're saying, but i guess we just have to wait and see when it comes to most leaks to be honest, it seems like most of the time, we know what to expect before a track leaks, for example, we all knew that greenwich acid was going to probably be a laptop demo, but we all could've assumed that something like earthquakes or dragonslayer were going to be studio-produced tracks, but at the same time, we can't always assume that leakers are going to give out much information about certain tracks if they even mention a title, usually we just get a snippet

what i said about was more of a general statement, i just feel like a lot of people were disappointed about the voice memos, but i feel like we could be a little more grateful that the leaker went out of their way to share them with us, even if they are just laptop demos/voice memos i don't think it would really be good for the leakers to hoard them and never share them just because they may not be as interesting or exciting, but that's just my personal opinion and i know that a good chunk of users don't feel the same way, i think the laptop demos/voice memos are very interesting and i'm not particularly picky regarding leaks, whether it's a laptop demo from 2008 or a studio outtake from 2015

Well, sure, but this was just an observation. I 100% know this won't ever happen and most of the times we just have to wait and see when it leaks.

Personally, I love concept demos à la Never Let Me Go's, but voice memos are just meh to me. I listen to them once and that's it. Btw, I'm sure no one REALLY feels like "yeah, this should've remained unleaked", pretty sure when there's comments like that it's just banther, they're probably like "well, at least we got one more out of the way". Also, it's not like another song would leak in the voice memo's place bc that's not how it works (unless given a choice tho), so you get what you get :whatever2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Laptop demos\concepts are interesting because they're real deep insights over her mind and creation process. A "Skinnydip in my mind", if you will :hooker:. We've been able to trace some melodies that were re-used in different songs and even full verses\pieces with years in-between. I can dig they might not be interesting alone, but they're great for collection purposes.

About Born To Die outtakes; I'm not sure if we have a clear timeline of when she decided to stick with "BTD" as a title + concept, and having other names like "God Bless America" and "The revenge of Lana Del Rey" (Jesus Christ this one is so iconic), we can imagine some other outtakes were fitting along. 

I really hope we'll have more about Lust For Life (and Norman Fucking Rockwell later on) soon. I never imagined we'd have a full concept between Paradise-Ultraviolence and now we have Tropico and all the Ultra songs; Lust For Life seems like something that started as one thing and then transformed into another, and she was still changing it very close to the release (Coachella-Woodstock, the "Political Songs" that were cut, Yosemite, TNBAR...)

Let's prosecute the case!

2 hours ago, Yosemite said:

carcase was the one who said that madly was the only fully produced track if im remembering correctly

19 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Laptop demos\concepts are interesting because they're real deep insights over her mind and creation process. A "Skinnydip in my mind", if you will :hooker:. We've been able to trace some melodies that were re-used in different songs and even full verses\pieces with years in-between. I can dig they might not be interesting alone, but they're great for collection purposes.

About Born To Die outtakes; I'm not sure if we have a clear timeline of when she decided to stick with "BTD" as a title + concept, and having other names like "God Bless America" and "The revenge of Lana Del Rey" (Jesus Christ this one is so iconic), we can imagine some other outtakes were fitting along. 

I really hope we'll have more about Lust For Life (and Norman Fucking Rockwell later on) soon. I never imagined we'd have a full concept between Paradise-Ultraviolence and now we have Tropico and all the Ultra songs; Lust For Life seems like something that started as one thing and then transformed into another, and she was still changing it very close to the release (Coachella-Woodstock, the "Political Songs" that were cut, Yosemite, TNBAR...)

Let's prosecute the case!

i hope the next lanafest mass leak is with the original witchy Lust for Life outtakes :defeated:

11 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

Jj2jsWGAm5k.jpg?size=1265x39&quality=96&
do u consider these songs as btd outtakes? these are from 2011 but for some reasons arent specified as btd outtakes
and do u consider all songs from 2010 as btd outtakes as well? cuz i do only the ones that were sent to the guardian as the part of the sampler

considering songs as outtakes are so hard because unless Lana speaks herself we'll never know which song was considered for the record and which was recorded for fun. she spends a lot of her time in the studio (I think she treats it like a full time job) and there are both a lot of song that were scrapped the last second and we'll never hear them as well as songs that were recorded for fun and leaked.

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

33 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

this. Tropico/Ultraviolence, you had your 5 minutes in limelight, now let witchy LFL leak!

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

5 hours ago, taco truck said:

Low key the interlude sounded like them experimenting with different melodies, I’m sure they’ve done more work together. He really added to the atmosphere of this album, and his other work is amazing as well! 

12 hours ago, Yosemite said:

well-so-im-done.gif

and I hope they leaked snippet with actual name and hopefully recored year