Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

There's going to be more than eleven tracks on the record. She was recording in the studio a week ago.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I agree a lot of the songs sound the same, but Cinnamon does sound like it's about to drop. When I first heard VB I wasn't expecting it to pick up around the 2:00 mark.

It's strange to me - with a title like Norman Fucking Rockwell, and her saying Jack put her in a lighter place, I'm surprised we wouldn't get some fun bops. I think hearing the album title, plus the don't fuck with me attitude we really saw with her Azalea Banks beef, that we wouldn't get more high energy, I-wont-not-fuck-u-the-fuck-up music and sound.

But LDR is an enigma and I guess that's why we love her.

I lowkey really want BAR to be on NFR... I mean it will definitely not happen especially with the WM video debacle but... SoNicAlLY it sounds so much like it belongs with Venice Bitch, the number of times I was listening to VB and started unconsciously singing "I, told ya"... If you told me Lana based NFR on BAR rather than Change I'd believe you in a heartbeat. Even though the Change influence is unarguable.

4tdWYMA.png

There's going to be more than eleven tracks on the record. She was recording in the studio a week ago.

How do you know she was recording new tracks and not mixing/mastering ones that are already done?

I posted this in the other thread but I wanna post here too. Just a little thing I noticed is how the White Mustang intro Lana did live sounds a lot like this new snippet. Maybe I'm reaching but I wouldn't be surprised if the intro ends up being the intro to Cinnamon. Let me know what you think!

Yeah, I immediately thought of the WM intro too. Maybe she was in the process of recording Cinnamon at the time? :flutter:

How do you know she was recording new tracks and not mixing/mastering ones that are already done?

Well when you're in a recording studio, you're usually creating new tracks. I thought mixing and mastering were on the producer's end. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Cinnamon is boring and that is saying something as I love most of her slow snail pace songs with minimal production. I hope the rest of the songs are like MAC lots of production and electric guitars. Honestly why would she even need Jack if most songs are slow and minimal..any of her old producers could do this. I’m not here for the title track being some 6 minute cruel world rip off...Not saying that's bad but it’s predictable.

Thank you.

Well when you're in a recording studio, you're usually creating new tracks. I thought mixing and mastering were on the producer's end. 

For some people, that is the case, but Lana has mentioned previously that she is involved in the mixing and mastering processes for her own music. Back during one of the LFL interviews, she was discussing the recording of Change and said that it was made last minute while she and Rick were touching up the final mixes for the album.

Lana has time after time commented on how she's involved in especially the mixing part. Lana is not just a singer, she's also a songwriter. Plus, you can be in a recording studio working on & perfecting the same track for months. :oprah3:

I want to get mad at her for teasing snippets when the songs might not even be finished and we're far from release but then I remember I tweet 30 times a day about the projects I'm working on... Sharing creative process is exhilarating especially when you're proud of what you've done. I wonder if she decided to delete by herself or she got slapped on the wrists by her managers/label

4tdWYMA.png

Lana has time after time commented on how she's involved in especially the mixing part. Lana is not just a singer, she's also a songwriter. Plus, you can be in a recording studio working on & perfecting the same track for months. :oprah3:

She deleted it but that weird video she posted last week had the caption "pre-recording dance" but it could be old idk 

I want to get mad at her for teasing snippets when the songs might not even be finished and we're far from release but then I remember I tweet 30 times a day about the projects I'm working on... Sharing creative process is exhilarating especially when you're proud of what you've done. I wonder if she decided to delete by herself or she got slapped on the wrists by her managers/label

I hate sharing my projects with other people exactly because of this lmao I never finish things and it's stressful enough to know I'm not working on them, let alone have other people ask me about it.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Her post seemed to imply that she was in a creative stage where she was recording new songs. She mentioned that she has eleven tracks SO FAR for the album (the key phrase here)