Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Everyone here already knows Lana has some part in production. No one is denying that but it's not bad to acknowledge Jack's efforts either.

I know, I obviously absolutely appreciate his work. But still, I said it in the perspective of a producer. I always see co-productions as, well, a collaboration. I'm not used to say x producer "made" a song, except when they actually made it themselves… like Britney Spear's early stuff.

So I went and saw Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday (yeah it was pretty mediocre) But I picked up something from it.

So Freddie Mercury ultimately realizes he needs the other members of Queen to challenge his creative vision constantly and make him work harder, and this?

Kinda made me think of Lana  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  I think the reason LFL was so bad was because she got too inside of her own head and everyone just trusted her enough to say yes.

She went through like a 3 month trap-phase and suddenly itwas all she was about. I think it's important for Lana to work with people like Jack, or Dan Aurebach, etc. So that she
is challenged by someone else's vision.

It seems like it usually ends with the best final product IMO too, (UV & NFR)

For example, Björk decided to co-produce her 2015 album with Arca, and everyone was like "OMG Arca is producing her album!!"... he was mad about this and explained most of the production was hers. I know it's not Lana's case on this album, but stil..

I've always wondered how much Lana takes a oart of the production of her songs, is she really the kind of person that sits and tweaks everything up or is the kind of person that tells the producer how she wants the things done.

I know Björk is actively a major producer on her stuff, but Lana has barely speaked about producing and mixing music on her interviews. I would love for her to soeak more about this.

Fun fact: that Vulnicura part is true tho, Björk has defiently made some killer production of her own (All Is Full Of Love, Selmasongs, Medúlla, etc), and she definetly gets discredited a lot, like when she released Vespertine where she did like 85% of the production alone, but people still credited only the people in charge of the strings section.

8nl2OpX.png

I think it's important for Lana to work with people like Jack, or Dan Aurebach, etc. So that she is challenged by someone else's vision.

would be annoying to have someone else's vision on my album but

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I know Björk is actively a major producer on her stuff, but Lana has barely speaked about producing and mixing music on her interviews. I would love for her to soeak more about this.

Lana spoke about the producing stuff at least in this Les Inrocks interview (http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/9122-les-inrocks-2017-full-english-interview/?hl=%2Bfemale+%2Bproducers):

I already once learned that I love to play with the buttons, the reverb, I feel more and more comfortable on the other side of the window. I can pass hours with a sound, it captivated me. Also, I spend time with the console in the studio, it doesn’t seem like working; it’s fun, exciting. I even read technical reviews, I’m a true geek (laughs)… Technically, nowadays, I would be capable of producing for other artists. The real question is, however: Even if I can, should I? Often when I jam with my friends, I can hear how the studio version would sound like. Maybe that’s my future. There is a serious lack of female producers in the music industry!

Machine Gun Kelly was interviewed by a magazine and he talked about the lana collab and apparently its for his album.

I saw a pic on Twitter but lost it I will try to find it

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/MGKMexico/status/1074049626972569600

"it's a song about wanting to be bad for someone good"

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Machine Gun Kelly was interviewed by a magazine and he talked about the lana collab and apparently its for his album.

Thank God

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

tenor.gif?itemid=8335304

First I would like to thank Jesus Christ...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Glad to know the only collab on the album will be Marina :teehee:

Wow, some of y'all are still delusional I see

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***